Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

my Wii has some 'problems' when it's booting. Well, it aren't problems, but I don't know how to call it. I'll tell what I've done:

A while ago I installed BootMii as boot2. After that, everytime my Wii boots I'll see the following: cboot DOL loader. And then some text. After that, it launches WAD Mannager 1.4. I guess that's no problem, but it takes so much time before I can finally start a game after powering on my Wii.

So I read about preloader. With preloader I could immediately let the Wii boot to System Menu, so no longer the waiting! Well, installing went perfect, pretty easy. I restarted my Wii, but I still got to see the cboot thing and wad manager. After that, preloader launches.

My question is: is there a way to turn the cboot and WAD manager things off? Thank you very much.
smile.gif

Another question which has nothing to do with above: I'm going to buy Guitar Hero 5, but I read some things about a system update on the disc. I'm currently on 4.0E, but I don't want to update (or at least, is there an easy way to update, while keeping HBC and stuff?). So are the stories true about an update on the disc? If that's the case, is there a way to just play Guitar Hero 5 without updating? Thanks.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sjaz said:
Hello,

my Wii has some 'problems' when it's booting. Well, it aren't problems, but I don't know how to call it. I'll tell what I've done:

A while ago I installed BootMii as boot2. After that, everytime my Wii boots I'll see the following: cboot DOL loader. And then some text. After that, it launches WAD Mannager 1.4. I guess that's no problem, but it takes so much time before I can finally start a game after powering on my Wii.

So I read about preloader. With preloader I could immediately let the Wii boot to System Menu, so no longer the waiting! Well, installing went perfect, pretty easy. I restarted my Wii, but I still got to see the cboot thing and wad manager. After that, preloader launches.

My question is: is there a way to turn the cboot and WAD manager things off? Thank you very much.
smile.gif

Another question which has nothing to do with above: I'm going to buy Guitar Hero 5, but I read some things about a system update on the disc. I'm currently on 4.0E, but I don't want to update (or at least, is there an easy way to update, while keeping HBC and stuff?). So are the stories true about an update on the disc? If that's the case, is there a way to just play Guitar Hero 5 without updating? Thanks.

1. Delete the files SD:\startup.elf, SD:\boot.dol and SD:\bootmii\armboot.bin. Then, use the HackMii Installer to generate the original, cBoot2 unpatched file. That must do the work, I think.
2. GeckoOS?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Ultralex said:
easier would be to put out the SD card while starting the wii

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Oct 22 2009, 03:28 PM) all u have 2 do is rename the bootmii folder

look into bootmii switch, THAT is the easiest fix, guaranteed

Doesn't he want to delete the cBoot2 thing? He will sure need to do what I said if needs to load BootMii.

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you, the cBoot and Wad manager things don't appear anymore
smile.gif

Going to buy GH 5 today. So if I just use GeckoOS, it'll block the update?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Sjaz said:
smile.gif

Mhhh...

i've found this in wiibrew, from 1.8 changelog

QUOTEIf a game requests an IOS that you don't have, the game's update partition will be searched for the IOS and the option to install the IOS will be given if it is found (if you have a modchip, turn off update blocking!)

However, i guess its not the same deal you asking.

Safer is to dump the game and load it via usb

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't there a back-up loader which can block it? Because I don't have an external HD or something.

And another problem... Since I deleted the bootmii files, my Wii fan keeps blowing when I turn it off! Is it just broken, or has it something to do with bootmii?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Sjaz said:
Isn't there a back-up loader which can block it? Because I don't have an external HD or something.

And another problem... Since I deleted the bootmii files, my Wii fan keeps blowing when I turn it off! Is it just broken, or has it something to do with bootmii?

Which firmware are u running?
you can try to use starpatch
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch

I've never used it, but it might do the trick.

As for the fan...have no idea.

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I already looked at StartPatch, but the Block Disc Updates is only for system menu 4.2 (I'm on 4.0E). Well, thanks anyway.
smile.gif

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, but that's an old version (StartPatch v4.0.5E). The newest version is StartPatch v4.2.3E, and only that version includes the block disc updates. Yes, I already tried it on my Wii, but there's no such option for 4.0
frown.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Advise you to use GX Loader or NeoGamma,

Both those loaders block updates, and they can boot burned disks (i guess originals too
tongue.gif
)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Pakatus said:
Sjaz said:
smile.gif

Mhhh...

i've found this in wiibrew, from 1.8 changelog

QUOTEIf a game requests an IOS that you don't have, the game's update partition will be searched for the IOS and the option to install the IOS will be given if it is found (if you have a modchip, turn off update blocking!)

However, i guess its not the same deal you asking.

Safer is to dump the game and load it via usb

It is safe, believe me. Remember that most of the channels, games and titles runs under a specify IOS. That will only install the IOS required by the game; no other title is involved on the proccess (including the System Menu). Otherwise, it won't run / you'll obtain a black screen. It was a good idea from the GeckoOS development team.

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I just first downloaded the game to see how it actually plays. It worked great after installing cIOSCORP 3.4, it only seemed that the online part didn't work. Well, I really wanted to play online so I went Googling. I found some things, and installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad which hopefully would fix the problem. And now the disc can't be read anymore, it just says when I boot the game: Unable to read the disc.

Well crap, it could load before I installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad. So, is there a way to uninstall the IOS or something?

EDIT: I think I'm going to update to 4.2E, that way I'll lose all my installed things (right?) so I can start all over again.
smile.gif

I heard I MUSN'T update through Nintendo's update, so is there some sort of tool?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sjaz said:
So I just first downloaded the game to see how it actually plays. It worked great after installing cIOSCORP 3.4, it only seemed that the online part didn't work. Well, I really wanted to play online so I went Googling. I found some things, and installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad which hopefully would fix the problem. And now the disc can't be read anymore, it just says when I boot the game: Unable to read the disc.

Well crap, it could load before I installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad. So, is there a way to uninstall the IOS or something?

AnyTitle Deleter DB? Anyway, if you don't have some IOS, like 37, 38, 53, 55 and 56, you can install them with Dop-IOS.

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PabloACZ said:
Sjaz said:

AnyTitle Deleter DB?

Thanks, I tried it, but I receive the following error:
Identifying as SysMenu... Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)
Error! ES_OpenContest (ret = -1017)
Region Detection failure! 0
Conf region: 2

Sooooo, I guess it doesn't work.

Also, check my EDIT:
EDIT: I think I'm going to update to 4.2E, that way I'll lose all my installed things (right?) so I can start all over again.
I heard I MUSN'T update through Nintendo's update, so is there some sort of tool?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sjaz said:
PabloACZ said:
Sjaz said:

AnyTitle Deleter DB?

Thanks, I tried it, but I receive the following error:
Identifying as SysMenu... Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)
Error! ES_OpenContest (ret = -1017)
Region Detection failure! 0
Conf region: 2

Sooooo, I guess it doesn't work.

Also, check my EDIT:

You have to patch/install a trucha bugged version of the IOS 36 to make the app work correctly. Sorry about that. Regarding your question, well, have you seen the zektor's thread?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Sjaz said:

smile.gif

Safe updater 4.2
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057

as the name states...it's "safe"
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool