Hacking Some problems after factory reset

Cyanopsis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was stuck in black screen hell for far too long when trying to get Loadiine to work (it worked without problems before crashing when exiting a game) so I decided to start things over and do a factory reset. A few questions though:

1. Since everything is gone in vwii, I assume I have to get homebrew channel back by doing bathaxx (or rather indiana in my case). Do I have to also install cIOSes again or are those permanently hacked?

2. I backed up my saved games to a USB stick that I let WIIU format. I could see that everything was alright when I entered the copy/move app again and I could see my backups on the USB. Now after formatting, it's like the wiiu doesn't recognise the stick at all. It doesnt prompt me to format when I start the console, like it would if it can't read from it, but the stick is apparently not registering. Any ideas? Is it possible to look at the contents on the USB somewhere? Are there homebrew file explorers in vwii that I could use?

3. I also transferred my Miis by QR code and made nice screengrabs of them to my phone. When I try to get them back, it is saying that the Mii has a setting that is preventing copying. Waaah.. I can see now when I create new Miis that I have this option, which apparently was set to "No copy". No luck for me?

And I'm still not getting even the slightest "race attack failed" after the factory reset so I guess everything was in vain. :nayps3:

Cyanopsis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About #2: I've read elsewhere that the console actually encrypts its contents when copying to USB, making it only compatible with the exact same console. Would my problem here lie in the fact that the wiiu loses this connection after factory reset. Like it think it's another wiiu. That's insane!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up