OFW + WUP Installer + Factory Reset

alexh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My WiiU is running OFW. It is not running any type of CFW.

A long time ago I installed lots of "titles" onto my WiiU to an attached USB HDD. I used a browser exploit to run WUP Installer (GX2) and installed the titles from the SD card.

I want to pass on my WiiU to a friend, but before I do I was considering doing a factory reset, but what will that do to the titles currently installed on USB HDD?

Following a factory reset, when you create a new account will all the titles still be there or will it have lost everything that was installed? Making the USB HDD effectively blank?

If so are there any options to recover the USB HDD contents other than installing them all again one-by-one?

Last edited by alexh,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The games should still work as I remember doing this a couple of years ago as well when I wanted to pass along my old system. The hdd and games from what I remember are tied to the system, not a specific user account so it shouldn't be a problem.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
During the factory reset the USB encryption key will change and thus the USB can't be read anymore and needs to be formatted, Lösung all the data on it. eShop purchases are tied to the NNID, not the console. Without the the NNID connected to the Wii U, they won't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Would his monster be considered necrophilia?