Homebrew Some homebrews : Biniax, Maryo chronicles etc ...

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here are some games that I ported. They're all at a playable state. There are still a lot of flaws and bugs remaining though. Anyway, I decided to release these little projects for those that might be interested.

BINIAX-2

biniax-2.png

Biniax-2_Wii v.01

Source code

BLOBWARS : METAL BLOB SOLID

blob.png

Metal Blob solid v0.1

Source code

The loading times will remind you of Atari st or Amstrad era! I'm not sure I can improve this. Fortunately, the levels are quite fun and take about +10 minutes to finish, so...

SECRET MARYO CHRONICLES

maryo_load.png
maryo_editor.png

Maryo chronicles v0.2

Source code

A maryo-like game with an in-game editor. A mouse and a usb keyboard are highly recommended for the editor!

HOW TO PLAY :

WIIMOTE
* B: Load level
* 1: Shoot
* 2: Jump
* -: Item
* +: Level editor
* Home: Menu
* Dpad: Run/Choose level

CLASSIC CONTROLLER
* A: Jump
* B: Jump
* X: Shoot
* Y: Shoot
* -: Item
* +: Level editor
* Home: Menu
* ZL: Load level
* Dpad: Run/Choose level

Official Website

ZELDA : RETURN OF THE HYLIAN

zeldaROTH.png

ZeldaROTH v0.1 English

Source code

ZeldaROTH v0.1 French

Source code

FUNNYMU-WII

A Funvision/Creativision emulator. It's a console of the 80's. The games are essentially clones of Atari 2600 with slight differences (different characters for ex.) : Crazy Chicky(Pac-Man), Police Jump(Donkey Kong) etc...
This is a quick port, you can only launch one game and the exit the emulator to launch another game.
You need the "bios" file FUNBOOT.ROM IN bios folder.

FunnyMu_Wii-v0.1

Source code

Some info

HATARI-WII

An atari st emulator based on Hatari 1.4. This is a work in progress. The main menu has been simpilified. You can browse games on sd and usb. The options button is inactive but you can edit hatari.cfg. Use another tos.img for better compatibility.

HatariWii-new-menu.png

HatariWii-v0.0.4

Source code

VIRTUAL JAGUAR WII

A Jaguar emulator port. The port is very limited : it's slow, sound is bad and causes freeze. Sound is disabled by default and the frameskip is 1. See vj.cfg file to change settings.
Consider this as a proof of concept, a quick'n dirty port or whatever you call it. That was made just out of curiosity. Its's based on 1.0.7 with some tricks from HCF(xbox port) and my shit. Don't expect miracle now and in the future(unless a pretty good coder optimize it), I don't think it can run at a descent speed with sound someday. Only some 2d games(Rayman for ex.) are almost playable without sound and frameskip 1.

virtual_jaguar_wii-v0.1

Source code

CREDITS

Too many to mention, that'll take a page to name all the original authors and contributors but Big Thanks to all of them. Thanks to Devkit/libogc/SDL-wii dreamteam as always. L. and mother of course.
That's all. I wanted to get rid of these little projects(before my graphic card burns) and I hope you'll enjoy them even with a lot of flaws.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They all look great but I'm mainly interested in the Zelda homebrew... Would you happen to have any pics?

btw thanks for porting these over :)

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've a crash with BLOBWARS : METAL BLOB SOLID

This is Stack Dump => http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/11/16/46/09/image012.jpg

It's crashing just when you launch the game right? It seems to not find the font file (vera.ttf?). How do you launch it, from sd, usb? Do you have ios58?
I can't see why it crashes at start if you didn't move all the data folders. Anyway, I've uploaded a new version cause it was lacking a file(widgetjoytick). Joystick mapping in config menu is fixed too. There are still some bugs : crash on exit, some buttons lack, radar map bug but well... Now the joystick config is for Wiimote by default. I won't take a lot time on this homebrew anymore though.:rolleyes:

I've updated my 1rst post with FunnyMu-wii, Hatari-Wii, and Virtual Jaguar too.

@sabandellos
You're right but it takes time to write instructions etc... on Wiibrew. Moreover, I'm not sure some of the games will be accepted there. And it will look like spam with all this crap.:lol:

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Much love man, thanks for all the games and emu's, it's appreciated, the Atari emu seems much nicer btw.

A Jaguar PoC is also super bad ass dude, it can always be built upon by others if you grow tired of it. Thanks very much.

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the comments.
I want to mention that except Hatari, all the versions can be considered final. Feel free to improve or fix them.

UPDATE

I have received a message regarding Maryo chronicles from HunoPPC. He isn't happy cause I didn't credit him, replaced his logo and forgot the AOS4 doc. I can understand that, sorry.
The Wii version is based on the Amiga's version. In fact, I didn't write any doc. As you can imagine it's a bit fastidious for 7 projects!
So, here is a v0.2 :

- Credits and docs are now included.
- SDL logo replaced with HunoPPC's logo.
Nothing's changed in the code at all.

Maryo chronicles v0.2

Reactions: mastershoes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1