Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Flash Menu"
Tantalizing. Looks haxy. ^^
wbq3D.jpg
The stuff you flash would likely have to be digitally signed, and only Nintendo has the keys.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like it happened cause Miiverse was overloading, causing a bug to some users that ended in that "admin/alternative mode"

Nintendo of America noticed that, and then fixed it:

regxzjgs.gif

@NintendoAmerica 5:10 PM
So many Miis have jumped on Miiverse that some may be having problems connecting to the service. We are in the engine room getting it fixed!

So, it seems that is not possible to get in this alternative Miiverse mode anymore..

at least this is the story..

Reactions: Traversal

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why can't it be the web browser displaying a web page? Does he show both the GamePad and TV in the same screenshot?

Because it's not in the web browser. The giveaway is the way there isn't a browser on the screen. Funny that, isn't it?

That link did not look like 3264x1840. There was literally no higher res version than the shitty thumbnails.
But regardless, the screenshots are clearly a much lower resolution than the images you linked, and regardless of resolution, it's not proof at all. It looks vaguely real, that's all.

A. No they're not, I literally linked the exact images that he posted on that thread. The forum resizes them to thumbnails; you can hover your mouse over them to see them in full size or right click and copy image location to see the full size ones. He also put them as hyperlink URLs so you could just click them. But you didn't.

And.. yes, it is proof. An image isn't proof now? I already explained how difficult it would be to doctor an image to look like that, and again, you haven't answered the question of motive. Why would someone post an image of something which is just a bug, say that they're emailing Nintendo about it and then show that the bug got fixed? He hasn't posted a picture of the fucking Twilight Hack, he posted a picture of a launch day bug. You seriously think these things don't exist? He has literally no motive to spend hundreds of hours making highly elaborate faked photographs of bugged menus, nor did he have the time to. The console has only just been released.

how the hell can you hack a system on the first day you get it? some people...

It's not a hack, it's a bug. The OP of the thread didn't know the difference, but that doesn't mean it's a hack. It's something he just stumbled upon.

Veiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's not in the web browser. The giveaway is the way there isn't a browser on the screen. Funny that, isn't it?

I don't think there's a need to be rude. I haven't yet used the Wii U browser. I wasn't necessarily doubting him, just wondering.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, follow your own advise Jdbye and read the full thing there.. ..is the best way to find the truth

also, cool message count you have there Alexrose :evil:
I did. The screenshots are too vague as I said. Easily faked etc.

A. No they're not, I literally linked the exact images that he posted on that thread. The forum resizes them to thumbnails; you can hover your mouse over them to see them in full size or right click and copy image location to see the full size ones. He also put them as hyperlink URLs so you could just click them. But you didn't.

And.. yes, it is proof. An image isn't proof now? I already explained how difficult it would be to doctor an image to look like that, and again, you haven't answered the question of motive. Why would someone post an image of something which is just a bug, say that they're emailing Nintendo about it and then show that the bug got fixed? He hasn't posted a picture of the fucking Twilight Hack, he posted a picture of a launch day bug. You seriously think these things don't exist? He has literally no motive to spend hundreds of hours making highly elaborate faked photographs of bugged menus, nor did he have the time to. The console has only just been released.

It's not a hack, it's a bug. The OP of the thread didn't know the difference, but that doesn't mean it's a hack. It's something he just stumbled upon.
I did right click them, and I couldn't get them in any higher resolution.

Launch day bugs definitely exist but this one is a little implausible for my tastes.
They wouldn't have to doctor the image, just some HTML code. It just seems more likely to be fake than real considering how serious a bug like that would be.

But I'm not going to rule it out though, it's just unlikely. But we'll see.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. The screenshots are too vague as I said. Easily faked etc.

I did right click them, and I couldn't get them in any higher resolution.

Launch day bugs definitely exist but this one is a little implausible for my tastes.
They wouldn't have to doctor the image, just some HTML code. It just seems more likely to be fake than real considering how serious a bug like that would be.
I think you're just in self-denial right now.
Alexrose has proven to you that the photos are real and this actually is real. Please tell us how in the world elaborate pictures such as the ones shown to you can be faked in about less than 24 hours of the WiiU's release... Because there is no way, even a pro Photoshopper can do that magic in the small time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think you're just in self-denial right now.
Alexrose has proven to you that the photos are real and this actually is real. Please tell us how in the world elaborate pictures such as the ones shown to you can be faked in about less than 24 hours of the WiiU's release... Because there is no way, even a pro Photoshopper can do that magic in the small time.
I just told you, it doesn't require photoshop. It's much easier with HTML. And he has proven nothing.

The question of motive is easily answered by: publicity. He may just be trolling everyone hard.

I'm not going to completely rule out that it might be real, but it just doesn't seem likely, no matter how real it may look. That is a pretty serious bug that I doubt would even be there in the first place. And I've experienced many times that things you find on the internet are often fake.

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is this argument over whether it's real or not really necessary? It's inconsequential considering either way there's nothing you can do with it.

Edit: I'm the REAL WalkerD

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just told you, it doesn't require photoshop. It's much easier with HTML. And he has proven nothing.

The question of motive is easily answered by: publicity. He may just be trolling everyone hard.

I'm not going to completely rule out that it might be real, but it just doesn't seem likely, no matter how real it may look. That is a pretty serious bug that I doubt would even be there in the first place. And I've experienced many times that things you find on the internet are often fake.

Html? Are you high? Are you hoping that none of us will know enough about web design that it's out of our "technical depth" and we'll just accept complete bullshit? You act as if "html" is some power word.

You know fuck all about html if you think that has any relevance whatsoever!

You're implying that, rather than simply having to design all the images and text in the image, this guy would instead first design all the images and text perfectly replicating the interface of the Wii U, then make some kind of php message board and write the css to look exactly like the Wii U's message board, then connect his TV to his PC, load that page in his browser and F11 it to fullscreen it.

PROTIP: It's easier to doctor an image than to doctor the invidual components of an image and then write a mixture of html, php and css to format it.

The problem is that he'd have to have all of Nintendo's source images from the Wii U board, all the fonts they use, then he'd have to design his own debug menu GUI from scratch that looks exactly like the menu designed for the rest of the console's GUI that lots of skilled industry professional graphic artists will have been paid a LOT of money to make in the first place, AND he'd have to be fluent in the hiragana, katakana and kanji to forge that Japanese post.

Plus.. if you were going to fake it, why would you make a mii called John Lennon that looks like a generic guy, and one called Tom Cruise who says that his name is Benjamin? If you were going to fake a screenshot you'd put in some command line console looking thing that talks about titles and shit, not a bunch of anomalous message board posts.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sir... I do not know what to even say to you anymore...
HTML does NOT have any relevance to creating pictures at all...
And bugs liek this are kinda common on launch day. Someone also managed to snag a debug menu of a LIVE Wii U showcase.
Please stop showing your ignorance.

Reactions: HorreC

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
My guess is, that the Miiverser Admin panel was not "real" but remnants left there by Hatena employees, its was just an .html page.
Furthermore, the games that where listed do mean nothing, Miiverser is a Hatena product and they do know nothing about upcoming games.
Which kind of sucks, because i really want a new Yoshi Game on a Home Console :(

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard getting into that debug menu requires just 3 buttons pressed at the same time.. but when, where and which 3.. IDK? I tried a whole bunch on start up but got absolutely no where... any one want to group up and try every combo between us, until we get it?

Once in we should be able to set "SHIPPING" back to "ON" in the menu's to get out.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Bullshit, so much bullshit. I can't believe people think this is real. Did anyone actually read the full post? Oh well, guess pointless hope is better than no hope.

Not to mention the screenshots are way too low res to seem plausible.

call me dumb. but wtf has the screen resolution gotta do with it being fake??? could the dude not of used a decent camera ........ i just dont follow how you call it fake due to the screen resolution??? plz feel me in lol

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard getting into that debug menu requires just 3 buttons pressed at the same time.. but when, where and which 3.. IDK? I tried a whole bunch on start up but got absolutely no where... any one want to group up and try every combo between us, until we get it?

Once in we should be able to set "SHIPPING" back to "ON" in the menu's to get out.

i doubt we will find it but theres always a chance if the 3 button sequence is how to access it. does anyone think that maybe because the wii u and the gamepad firmware are different to maybe try find the combination without the wii u console plugged in. dunno if that sound silly to anyone else but just a thought

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is definitely a way, unless I'm being trolled.... but yeah:

Yes you can buddy
smiley.gif
I dont know if im loud to release that info yet.
You will need to hold three buttons down at the same time
smiley.gif
Hint

FYI there are 969 combos if we exclude the left and right stick directions...

FYI: (RC = right stick click, LC = left stick click)

Code:
Combinations without repetition (n=19, r=3)

List has 969 entries.
{LZ,RZ,LC} {LZ,RZ,RC} {LZ,RZ,L} {LZ,RZ,R} {LZ,RZ,UP} {LZ,RZ,DOWN} {LZ,RZ,LEFT} {LZ,RZ,RIGHT} {LZ,RZ,Y} {LZ,RZ,B} {LZ,RZ,X} {LZ,RZ,A} {LZ,RZ,+} {LZ,RZ,-}
{LZ,RZ,POWER} {LZ,RZ,TV} {LZ,RZ,HOME} {LZ,LC,RC} {LZ,LC,L} {LZ,LC,R} {LZ,LC,UP} {LZ,LC,DOWN} {LZ,LC,LEFT} {LZ,LC,RIGHT} {LZ,LC,Y} {LZ,LC,B} {LZ,LC,X}
{LZ,LC,A} {LZ,LC,+} {LZ,LC,-} {LZ,LC,POWER} {LZ,LC,TV} {LZ,LC,HOME} {LZ,RC,L} {LZ,RC,R} {LZ,RC,UP} {LZ,RC,DOWN} {LZ,RC,LEFT} {LZ,RC,RIGHT} {LZ,RC,Y}
{LZ,RC,B} {LZ,RC,X} {LZ,RC,A} {LZ,RC,+} {LZ,RC,-} {LZ,RC,POWER} {LZ,RC,TV} {LZ,RC,HOME} {LZ,L,R} {LZ,L,UP} {LZ,L,DOWN} {LZ,L,LEFT} {LZ,L,RIGHT} {LZ,L,Y}
{LZ,L,B} {LZ,L,X} {LZ,L,A} {LZ,L,+} {LZ,L,-} {LZ,L,POWER} {LZ,L,TV} {LZ,L,HOME} {LZ,R,UP} {LZ,R,DOWN} {LZ,R,LEFT} {LZ,R,RIGHT} {LZ,R,Y} {LZ,R,B} {LZ,R,X}
{LZ,R,A} {LZ,R,+} {LZ,R,-} {LZ,R,POWER} {LZ,R,TV} {LZ,R,HOME} {LZ,UP,DOWN} {LZ,UP,LEFT} {LZ,UP,RIGHT} {LZ,UP,Y} {LZ,UP,B} {LZ,UP,X} {LZ,UP,A} {LZ,UP,+}
{LZ,UP,-} {LZ,UP,POWER} {LZ,UP,TV} {LZ,UP,HOME} {LZ,DOWN,LEFT} {LZ,DOWN,RIGHT} {LZ,DOWN,Y} {LZ,DOWN,B} {LZ,DOWN,X} {LZ,DOWN,A} {LZ,DOWN,+}
{LZ,DOWN,-} {LZ,DOWN,POWER} {LZ,DOWN,TV} {LZ,DOWN,HOME} {LZ,LEFT,RIGHT} {LZ,LEFT,Y} {LZ,LEFT,B} {LZ,LEFT,X} {LZ,LEFT,A} {LZ,LEFT,+} {LZ,LEFT,-}
{LZ,LEFT,POWER} {LZ,LEFT,TV} {LZ,LEFT,HOME} {LZ,RIGHT,Y} {LZ,RIGHT,B} {LZ,RIGHT,X} {LZ,RIGHT,A} {LZ,RIGHT,+} {LZ,RIGHT,-} {LZ,RIGHT,POWER}
{LZ,RIGHT,TV} {LZ,RIGHT,HOME} {LZ,Y,B} {LZ,Y,X} {LZ,Y,A} {LZ,Y,+} {LZ,Y,-} {LZ,Y,POWER} {LZ,Y,TV} {LZ,Y,HOME} {LZ,B,X} {LZ,B,A} {LZ,B,+} {LZ,B,-} {LZ,B,POWER}
{LZ,B,TV} {LZ,B,HOME} {LZ,X,A} {LZ,X,+} {LZ,X,-} {LZ,X,POWER} {LZ,X,TV} {LZ,X,HOME} {LZ,A,+} {LZ,A,-} {LZ,A,POWER} {LZ,A,TV} {LZ,A,HOME} {LZ,+,-}
{LZ,+,POWER} {LZ,+,TV} {LZ,+,HOME} {LZ,-,POWER} {LZ,-,TV} {LZ,-,HOME} {LZ,POWER,TV} {LZ,POWER,HOME} {LZ,TV,HOME} {RZ,LC,RC} {RZ,LC,L} {RZ,LC,R}
{RZ,LC,UP} {RZ,LC,DOWN} {RZ,LC,LEFT} {RZ,LC,RIGHT} {RZ,LC,Y} {RZ,LC,B} {RZ,LC,X} {RZ,LC,A} {RZ,LC,+} {RZ,LC,-} {RZ,LC,POWER} {RZ,LC,TV} {RZ,LC,HOME}
{RZ,RC,L} {RZ,RC,R} {RZ,RC,UP} {RZ,RC,DOWN} {RZ,RC,LEFT} {RZ,RC,RIGHT} {RZ,RC,Y} {RZ,RC,B} {RZ,RC,X} {RZ,RC,A} {RZ,RC,+} {RZ,RC,-} {RZ,RC,POWER}
{RZ,RC,TV} {RZ,RC,HOME} {RZ,L,R} {RZ,L,UP} {RZ,L,DOWN} {RZ,L,LEFT} {RZ,L,RIGHT} {RZ,L,Y} {RZ,L,B} {RZ,L,X} {RZ,L,A} {RZ,L,+} {RZ,L,-} {RZ,L,POWER} {RZ,L,TV}
{RZ,L,HOME} {RZ,R,UP} {RZ,R,DOWN} {RZ,R,LEFT} {RZ,R,RIGHT} {RZ,R,Y} {RZ,R,B} {RZ,R,X} {RZ,R,A} {RZ,R,+} {RZ,R,-} {RZ,R,POWER} {RZ,R,TV} {RZ,R,HOME}
{RZ,UP,DOWN} {RZ,UP,LEFT} {RZ,UP,RIGHT} {RZ,UP,Y} {RZ,UP,B} {RZ,UP,X} {RZ,UP,A} {RZ,UP,+} {RZ,UP,-} {RZ,UP,POWER} {RZ,UP,TV} {RZ,UP,HOME}
{RZ,DOWN,LEFT} {RZ,DOWN,RIGHT} {RZ,DOWN,Y} {RZ,DOWN,B} {RZ,DOWN,X} {RZ,DOWN,A} {RZ,DOWN,+} {RZ,DOWN,-} {RZ,DOWN,POWER} {RZ,DOWN,TV}
{RZ,DOWN,HOME} {RZ,LEFT,RIGHT} {RZ,LEFT,Y} {RZ,LEFT,B} {RZ,LEFT,X} {RZ,LEFT,A} {RZ,LEFT,+} {RZ,LEFT,-} {RZ,LEFT,POWER} {RZ,LEFT,TV} {RZ,LEFT,HOME}
{RZ,RIGHT,Y} {RZ,RIGHT,B} {RZ,RIGHT,X} {RZ,RIGHT,A} {RZ,RIGHT,+} {RZ,RIGHT,-} {RZ,RIGHT,POWER} {RZ,RIGHT,TV} {RZ,RIGHT,HOME} {RZ,Y,B} {RZ,Y,X} {RZ,Y,A}
{RZ,Y,+} {RZ,Y,-} {RZ,Y,POWER} {RZ,Y,TV} {RZ,Y,HOME} {RZ,B,X} {RZ,B,A} {RZ,B,+} {RZ,B,-} {RZ,B,POWER} {RZ,B,TV} {RZ,B,HOME} {RZ,X,A} {RZ,X,+} {RZ,X,-}
{RZ,X,POWER} {RZ,X,TV} {RZ,X,HOME} {RZ,A,+} {RZ,A,-} {RZ,A,POWER} {RZ,A,TV} {RZ,A,HOME} {RZ,+,-} {RZ,+,POWER} {RZ,+,TV} {RZ,+,HOME} {RZ,-,POWER}
{RZ,-,TV} {RZ,-,HOME} {RZ,POWER,TV} {RZ,POWER,HOME} {RZ,TV,HOME} {LC,RC,L} {LC,RC,R} {LC,RC,UP} {LC,RC,DOWN} {LC,RC,LEFT} {LC,RC,RIGHT}
{LC,RC,Y} {LC,RC,B} {LC,RC,X} {LC,RC,A} {LC,RC,+} {LC,RC,-} {LC,RC,POWER} {LC,RC,TV} {LC,RC,HOME} {LC,L,R} {LC,L,UP} {LC,L,DOWN} {LC,L,LEFT}
{LC,L,RIGHT} {LC,L,Y} {LC,L,B} {LC,L,X} {LC,L,A} {LC,L,+} {LC,L,-} {LC,L,POWER} {LC,L,TV} {LC,L,HOME} {LC,R,UP} {LC,R,DOWN} {LC,R,LEFT} {LC,R,RIGHT}
{LC,R,Y} {LC,R,B} {LC,R,X} {LC,R,A} {LC,R,+} {LC,R,-} {LC,R,POWER} {LC,R,TV} {LC,R,HOME} {LC,UP,DOWN} {LC,UP,LEFT} {LC,UP,RIGHT} {LC,UP,Y} {LC,UP,B}
{LC,UP,X} {LC,UP,A} {LC,UP,+} {LC,UP,-} {LC,UP,POWER} {LC,UP,TV} {LC,UP,HOME} {LC,DOWN,LEFT} {LC,DOWN,RIGHT} {LC,DOWN,Y} {LC,DOWN,B}
{LC,DOWN,X} {LC,DOWN,A} {LC,DOWN,+} {LC,DOWN,-} {LC,DOWN,POWER} {LC,DOWN,TV} {LC,DOWN,HOME} {LC,LEFT,RIGHT} {LC,LEFT,Y} {LC,LEFT,B}
{LC,LEFT,X} {LC,LEFT,A} {LC,LEFT,+} {LC,LEFT,-} {LC,LEFT,POWER} {LC,LEFT,TV} {LC,LEFT,HOME} {LC,RIGHT,Y} {LC,RIGHT,B} {LC,RIGHT,X} {LC,RIGHT,A}
{LC,RIGHT,+} {LC,RIGHT,-} {LC,RIGHT,POWER} {LC,RIGHT,TV} {LC,RIGHT,HOME} {LC,Y,B} {LC,Y,X} {LC,Y,A} {LC,Y,+} {LC,Y,-} {LC,Y,POWER} {LC,Y,TV} {LC,Y,HOME}
{LC,B,X} {LC,B,A} {LC,B,+} {LC,B,-} {LC,B,POWER} {LC,B,TV} {LC,B,HOME} {LC,X,A} {LC,X,+} {LC,X,-} {LC,X,POWER} {LC,X,TV} {LC,X,HOME} {LC,A,+} {LC,A,-}
{LC,A,POWER} {LC,A,TV} {LC,A,HOME} {LC,+,-} {LC,+,POWER} {LC,+,TV} {LC,+,HOME} {LC,-,POWER} {LC,-,TV} {LC,-,HOME} {LC,POWER,TV}
{LC,POWER,HOME} {LC,TV,HOME} {RC,L,R} {RC,L,UP} {RC,L,DOWN} {RC,L,LEFT} {RC,L,RIGHT} {RC,L,Y} {RC,L,B} {RC,L,X} {RC,L,A} {RC,L,+} {RC,L,-}
{RC,L,POWER} {RC,L,TV} {RC,L,HOME} {RC,R,UP} {RC,R,DOWN} {RC,R,LEFT} {RC,R,RIGHT} {RC,R,Y} {RC,R,B} {RC,R,X} {RC,R,A} {RC,R,+} {RC,R,-}
{RC,R,POWER} {RC,R,TV} {RC,R,HOME} {RC,UP,DOWN} {RC,UP,LEFT} {RC,UP,RIGHT} {RC,UP,Y} {RC,UP,B} {RC,UP,X} {RC,UP,A} {RC,UP,+} {RC,UP,-}
{RC,UP,POWER} {RC,UP,TV} {RC,UP,HOME} {RC,DOWN,LEFT} {RC,DOWN,RIGHT} {RC,DOWN,Y} {RC,DOWN,B} {RC,DOWN,X} {RC,DOWN,A} {RC,DOWN,+}
{RC,DOWN,-} {RC,DOWN,POWER} {RC,DOWN,TV} {RC,DOWN,HOME} {RC,LEFT,RIGHT} {RC,LEFT,Y} {RC,LEFT,B} {RC,LEFT,X} {RC,LEFT,A} {RC,LEFT,+}
{RC,LEFT,-} {RC,LEFT,POWER} {RC,LEFT,TV} {RC,LEFT,HOME} {RC,RIGHT,Y} {RC,RIGHT,B} {RC,RIGHT,X} {RC,RIGHT,A} {RC,RIGHT,+} {RC,RIGHT,-}
{RC,RIGHT,POWER} {RC,RIGHT,TV} {RC,RIGHT,HOME} {RC,Y,B} {RC,Y,X} {RC,Y,A} {RC,Y,+} {RC,Y,-} {RC,Y,POWER} {RC,Y,TV} {RC,Y,HOME} {RC,B,X} {RC,B,A}
{RC,B,+} {RC,B,-} {RC,B,POWER} {RC,B,TV} {RC,B,HOME} {RC,X,A} {RC,X,+} {RC,X,-} {RC,X,POWER} {RC,X,TV} {RC,X,HOME} {RC,A,+} {RC,A,-} {RC,A,POWER}
{RC,A,TV} {RC,A,HOME} {RC,+,-} {RC,+,POWER} {RC,+,TV} {RC,+,HOME} {RC,-,POWER} {RC,-,TV} {RC,-,HOME} {RC,POWER,TV} {RC,POWER,HOME}
{RC,TV,HOME} {L,R,UP} {L,R,DOWN} {L,R,LEFT} {L,R,RIGHT} {L,R,Y} {L,R,B} {L,R,X} {L,R,A} {L,R,+} {L,R,-} {L,R,POWER} {L,R,TV} {L,R,HOME} {L,UP,DOWN}
{L,UP,LEFT} {L,UP,RIGHT} {L,UP,Y} {L,UP,B} {L,UP,X} {L,UP,A} {L,UP,+} {L,UP,-} {L,UP,POWER} {L,UP,TV} {L,UP,HOME} {L,DOWN,LEFT} {L,DOWN,RIGHT}
{L,DOWN,Y} {L,DOWN,B} {L,DOWN,X} {L,DOWN,A} {L,DOWN,+} {L,DOWN,-} {L,DOWN,POWER} {L,DOWN,TV} {L,DOWN,HOME} {L,LEFT,RIGHT} {L,LEFT,Y}
{L,LEFT,B} {L,LEFT,X} {L,LEFT,A} {L,LEFT,+} {L,LEFT,-} {L,LEFT,POWER} {L,LEFT,TV} {L,LEFT,HOME} {L,RIGHT,Y} {L,RIGHT,B} {L,RIGHT,X} {L,RIGHT,A} {L,RIGHT,+}
{L,RIGHT,-} {L,RIGHT,POWER} {L,RIGHT,TV} {L,RIGHT,HOME} {L,Y,B} {L,Y,X} {L,Y,A} {L,Y,+} {L,Y,-} {L,Y,POWER} {L,Y,TV} {L,Y,HOME} {L,B,X} {L,B,A} {L,B,+} {L,B,-}
{L,B,POWER} {L,B,TV} {L,B,HOME} {L,X,A} {L,X,+} {L,X,-} {L,X,POWER} {L,X,TV} {L,X,HOME} {L,A,+} {L,A,-} {L,A,POWER} {L,A,TV} {L,A,HOME} {L,+,-} {L,+,POWER}
{L,+,TV} {L,+,HOME} {L,-,POWER} {L,-,TV} {L,-,HOME} {L,POWER,TV} {L,POWER,HOME} {L,TV,HOME} {R,UP,DOWN} {R,UP,LEFT} {R,UP,RIGHT} {R,UP,Y} {R,UP,B}
{R,UP,X} {R,UP,A} {R,UP,+} {R,UP,-} {R,UP,POWER} {R,UP,TV} {R,UP,HOME} {R,DOWN,LEFT} {R,DOWN,RIGHT} {R,DOWN,Y} {R,DOWN,B} {R,DOWN,X} {R,DOWN,A}
{R,DOWN,+} {R,DOWN,-} {R,DOWN,POWER} {R,DOWN,TV} {R,DOWN,HOME} {R,LEFT,RIGHT} {R,LEFT,Y} {R,LEFT,B} {R,LEFT,X} {R,LEFT,A} {R,LEFT,+} {R,LEFT,-}
{R,LEFT,POWER} {R,LEFT,TV} {R,LEFT,HOME} {R,RIGHT,Y} {R,RIGHT,B} {R,RIGHT,X} {R,RIGHT,A} {R,RIGHT,+} {R,RIGHT,-} {R,RIGHT,POWER} {R,RIGHT,TV}
{R,RIGHT,HOME} {R,Y,B} {R,Y,X} {R,Y,A} {R,Y,+} {R,Y,-} {R,Y,POWER} {R,Y,TV} {R,Y,HOME} {R,B,X} {R,B,A} {R,B,+} {R,B,-} {R,B,POWER} {R,B,TV} {R,B,HOME}
{R,X,A} {R,X,+} {R,X,-} {R,X,POWER} {R,X,TV} {R,X,HOME} {R,A,+} {R,A,-} {R,A,POWER} {R,A,TV} {R,A,HOME} {R,+,-} {R,+,POWER} {R,+,TV} {R,+,HOME}
{R,-,POWER} {R,-,TV} {R,-,HOME} {R,POWER,TV} {R,POWER,HOME} {R,TV,HOME} {UP,DOWN,LEFT} {UP,DOWN,RIGHT} {UP,DOWN,Y} {UP,DOWN,B}
{UP,DOWN,X} {UP,DOWN,A} {UP,DOWN,+} {UP,DOWN,-} {UP,DOWN,POWER} {UP,DOWN,TV} {UP,DOWN,HOME} {UP,LEFT,RIGHT} {UP,LEFT,Y} {UP,LEFT,B}
{UP,LEFT,X} {UP,LEFT,A} {UP,LEFT,+} {UP,LEFT,-} {UP,LEFT,POWER} {UP,LEFT,TV} {UP,LEFT,HOME} {UP,RIGHT,Y} {UP,RIGHT,B} {UP,RIGHT,X} {UP,RIGHT,A}
{UP,RIGHT,+} {UP,RIGHT,-} {UP,RIGHT,POWER} {UP,RIGHT,TV} {UP,RIGHT,HOME} {UP,Y,B} {UP,Y,X} {UP,Y,A} {UP,Y,+} {UP,Y,-} {UP,Y,POWER} {UP,Y,TV} {UP,Y,HOME}
{UP,B,X} {UP,B,A} {UP,B,+} {UP,B,-} {UP,B,POWER} {UP,B,TV} {UP,B,HOME} {UP,X,A} {UP,X,+} {UP,X,-} {UP,X,POWER} {UP,X,TV} {UP,X,HOME} {UP,A,+} {UP,A,-}
{UP,A,POWER} {UP,A,TV} {UP,A,HOME} {UP,+,-} {UP,+,POWER} {UP,+,TV} {UP,+,HOME} {UP,-,POWER} {UP,-,TV} {UP,-,HOME} {UP,POWER,TV}
{UP,POWER,HOME} {UP,TV,HOME} {DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT} {DOWN,LEFT,Y} {DOWN,LEFT,B} {DOWN,LEFT,X} {DOWN,LEFT,A} {DOWN,LEFT,+} {DOWN,LEFT,-}
{DOWN,LEFT,POWER} {DOWN,LEFT,TV} {DOWN,LEFT,HOME} {DOWN,RIGHT,Y} {DOWN,RIGHT,B} {DOWN,RIGHT,X} {DOWN,RIGHT,A} {DOWN,RIGHT,+}
{DOWN,RIGHT,-} {DOWN,RIGHT,POWER} {DOWN,RIGHT,TV} {DOWN,RIGHT,HOME} {DOWN,Y,B} {DOWN,Y,X} {DOWN,Y,A} {DOWN,Y,+} {DOWN,Y,-}
{DOWN,Y,POWER} {DOWN,Y,TV} {DOWN,Y,HOME} {DOWN,B,X} {DOWN,B,A} {DOWN,B,+} {DOWN,B,-} {DOWN,B,POWER} {DOWN,B,TV} {DOWN,B,HOME}
{DOWN,X,A} {DOWN,X,+} {DOWN,X,-} {DOWN,X,POWER} {DOWN,X,TV} {DOWN,X,HOME} {DOWN,A,+} {DOWN,A,-} {DOWN,A,POWER} {DOWN,A,TV}
{DOWN,A,HOME} {DOWN,+,-} {DOWN,+,POWER} {DOWN,+,TV} {DOWN,+,HOME} {DOWN,-,POWER} {DOWN,-,TV} {DOWN,-,HOME} {DOWN,POWER,TV}
{DOWN,POWER,HOME} {DOWN,TV,HOME} {LEFT,RIGHT,Y} {LEFT,RIGHT,B} {LEFT,RIGHT,X} {LEFT,RIGHT,A} {LEFT,RIGHT,+} {LEFT,RIGHT,-} {LEFT,RIGHT,POWER}
{LEFT,RIGHT,TV} {LEFT,RIGHT,HOME} {LEFT,Y,B} {LEFT,Y,X} {LEFT,Y,A} {LEFT,Y,+} {LEFT,Y,-} {LEFT,Y,POWER} {LEFT,Y,TV} {LEFT,Y,HOME} {LEFT,B,X} {LEFT,B,A}
{LEFT,B,+} {LEFT,B,-} {LEFT,B,POWER} {LEFT,B,TV} {LEFT,B,HOME} {LEFT,X,A} {LEFT,X,+} {LEFT,X,-} {LEFT,X,POWER} {LEFT,X,TV} {LEFT,X,HOME} {LEFT,A,+}
{LEFT,A,-} {LEFT,A,POWER} {LEFT,A,TV} {LEFT,A,HOME} {LEFT,+,-} {LEFT,+,POWER} {LEFT,+,TV} {LEFT,+,HOME} {LEFT,-,POWER} {LEFT,-,TV} {LEFT,-,HOME}
{LEFT,POWER,TV} {LEFT,POWER,HOME} {LEFT,TV,HOME} {RIGHT,Y,B} {RIGHT,Y,X} {RIGHT,Y,A} {RIGHT,Y,+} {RIGHT,Y,-} {RIGHT,Y,POWER} {RIGHT,Y,TV}
{RIGHT,Y,HOME} {RIGHT,B,X} {RIGHT,B,A} {RIGHT,B,+} {RIGHT,B,-} {RIGHT,B,POWER} {RIGHT,B,TV} {RIGHT,B,HOME} {RIGHT,X,A} {RIGHT,X,+} {RIGHT,X,-}
{RIGHT,X,POWER} {RIGHT,X,TV} {RIGHT,X,HOME} {RIGHT,A,+} {RIGHT,A,-} {RIGHT,A,POWER} {RIGHT,A,TV} {RIGHT,A,HOME} {RIGHT,+,-} {RIGHT,+,POWER}
{RIGHT,+,TV} {RIGHT,+,HOME} {RIGHT,-,POWER} {RIGHT,-,TV} {RIGHT,-,HOME} {RIGHT,POWER,TV} {RIGHT,POWER,HOME} {RIGHT,TV,HOME} {Y,B,X} {Y,B,A}
{Y,B,+} {Y,B,-} {Y,B,POWER} {Y,B,TV} {Y,B,HOME} {Y,X,A} {Y,X,+} {Y,X,-} {Y,X,POWER} {Y,X,TV} {Y,X,HOME} {Y,A,+} {Y,A,-} {Y,A,POWER} {Y,A,TV} {Y,A,HOME} {Y,+,-}
{Y,+,POWER} {Y,+,TV} {Y,+,HOME} {Y,-,POWER} {Y,-,TV} {Y,-,HOME} {Y,POWER,TV} {Y,POWER,HOME} {Y,TV,HOME} {B,X,A} {B,X,+} {B,X,-} {B,X,POWER} {B,X,TV}
{B,X,HOME} {B,A,+} {B,A,-} {B,A,POWER} {B,A,TV} {B,A,HOME} {B,+,-} {B,+,POWER} {B,+,TV} {B,+,HOME} {B,-,POWER} {B,-,TV} {B,-,HOME} {B,POWER,TV}
{B,POWER,HOME} {B,TV,HOME} {X,A,+} {X,A,-} {X,A,POWER} {X,A,TV} {X,A,HOME} {X,+,-} {X,+,POWER} {X,+,TV} {X,+,HOME} {X,-,POWER} {X,-,TV} {X,-,HOME}
{X,POWER,TV} {X,POWER,HOME} {X,TV,HOME} {A,+,-} {A,+,POWER} {A,+,TV} {A,+,HOME} {A,-,POWER} {A,-,TV} {A,-,HOME} {A,POWER,TV} {A,POWER,HOME}
{A,TV,HOME} {+,-,POWER} {+,-,TV} {+,-,HOME} {+,POWER,TV} {+,POWER,HOME} {+,TV,HOME} {-,POWER,TV} {-,POWER,HOME} {-,TV,HOME}
{POWER,TV,HOME}

Tick em off as you go boys!

Reactions: Satangel

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nice necrobump, kids! It's not like the thread is a year old or anything. :)

Reported for lockdown due to no new, relevant information on the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...