ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New patch - Act 5 is complete. Every cutscene in the game is now translated!

I still have to watch the scenes to make sure they fit in context, but this is a huge milestone. I will be doing the quest/tutorial NPCs and the library next, since those seem to be the most wanted.

Now, I need help from you guys. there are still a number of lines in the Literal column which are beyond my Japanese ability. If there are any more fluent translators who would be willing to do a quick check, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guile589 said:
Raestloz said:
Killermech said:
DarthNemesis said:
Uh, mind posting it?
2a83m7c.jpg

Should be:
'The vocational character classes show their [Class Rank]'

instead of 'there'.
And it should be "character's", not characters
No it shouldn't...
I am pretty sure he is right it should be with an 's

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DarthNemesis said:
New patch - Act 5 is complete. Every cutscene in the game is now translated!

I still have to watch the scenes to make sure they fit in context, but this is a huge milestone. I will be doing the quest/tutorial NPCs and the library next, since those seem to be the most wanted.

Now, I need help from you guys. there are still a number of lines in the Literal column which are beyond my Japanese ability. If there are any more fluent translators who would be willing to do a quick check, I would greatly appreciate it.
ohmy.gif
All Hail DarthNemesis!!!
ohmy.gif

PS: i feel myself useless... sorry i can't help... T_T

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned the donation thing before. I certainly don't mind. But he said he didn't want to be sued by Nintendo. Which makes sense...unfortunately. It'd be nice to show some appreciation other than some text.

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought they only sue if they did it for the money? If its just a donation, I dont think they really mind since its a "gift".

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mac2492 said:
Congratulations on translating all the cutscenes!

It's still not done completly^^

He still needs to translate all NPC, Random text etc. if he want to get the real 100.00% of his translation project, however good work
wink.gif

foreveranxman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I'm totally new here. I was just browsing the web, trying to find out if Soma Bringer was ever coming to the US, but instead, I found this amazing translation forum. I'm incredibly impressed! I had no idea anything like this could be done for DS games. Now my question is, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... but how would one go about playin gthis translated version with the patch? Is this for a ROM only? Is it possible to put this on a blank DS cartridge? If so, how? I've looked into the flash carts before but I was unsure of how/where to get them? Or is this only playable on a computer? But then wouldn't I need a stylus/touch screen? Sorry for being so confused... I'm just really impressed and would love to get the chance to play this game in english. I have a basic understanding of Japanese, but nothing near the level required to fully appreciate this game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BoomtownBilly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
foreveranxman said:
Hey all. I'm totally new here. I was just browsing the web, trying to find out if Soma Bringer was ever coming to the US, but instead, I found this amazing translation forum. I'm incredibly impressed! I had no idea anything like this could be done for DS games. Now my question is, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... but how would one go about playin gthis translated version with the patch? Is this for a ROM only? Is it possible to put this on a blank DS cartridge? If so, how? I've looked into the flash carts before but I was unsure of how/where to get them? Or is this only playable on a computer? But then wouldn't I need a stylus/touch screen? Sorry for being so confused... I'm just really impressed and would love to get the chance to play this game in english. I have a basic understanding of Japanese, but nothing near the level required to fully appreciate this game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there chucker.

You could patch the old rom there and then play it on a flash cart.... Look at the suggested retailers on this site for the best places to get one from,

I'd recommend getting a flash cart it will make your life complete
biggrin.gif

you could play it on a DS emulator but it would most likely suck ass.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, it seem like you don't know anything about flashcarts..Be sure to check other forums and boards on GBAtemp in NDS section..
wink.gif

You'll never enjoy NDS fully unless you get yourself a flashcart.....

Also, you might want to check reviews here!

foreveranxman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much! I've been doing some more research today, and I was looking into getting the R4DS card. Either that one or the Supercard DS One. Which one would you guys recommend? And do I need a large microSD? Would 512MB be enough? I probably won't store many games at once... Just a couple. I'm mainly doing this for Soma Bringer.

Now, if I bought one of those cards and a microSD, is that all I would need? I have a rom of Soma Bringer. All I would need to do is copy the rom to the microSD and put that in the card right?

I guess I would also have to patch the rom... Do I just drop the rom into the "Drop rom here" file and it does it on its own?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm just getting excited about the flash card and playing Soma Bringer! It looks so awesome!

BoomtownBilly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
foreveranxman said:
Thanks so much! I've been doing some more research today, and I was looking into getting the R4DS card. Either that one or the Supercard DS One. Which one would you guys recommend? And do I need a large microSD? Would 512MB be enough? I probably won't store many games at once... Just a couple. I'm mainly doing this for Soma Bringer.

Now, if I bought one of those cards and a microSD, is that all I would need? I have a rom of Soma Bringer. All I would need to do is copy the rom to the microSD and put that in the card right?

I guess I would also have to patch the rom... Do I just drop the rom into the "Drop rom here" file and it does it on its own?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm just getting excited about the flash card and playing Soma Bringer! It looks so awesome!

listen don't get an R4, last chrimbo they were the nuts, but now you'll just have to deal with massive amounts of toss to get games working.
There are a number of cards worth getting, the supercard one is good... edge,acekard2,cyclo are all good. Patching is more or less straight forward and i'll be happy to help you through it when you get your card
biggrin.gif

good luck !

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recommend getting an EDGE off Amazon plus a 1GB MicroSD. Super cheap, and the 1GB card isn't much more than the 512MB. Managed to get the set for £16 with postage, which was a bargain compared to what I payed for an R4 a year ago.

Anyway, back on topic. I just finished Act 2 and found the next main cutscene was in Japanese. I figured my patch was a bit old, and you'd probably done a bit more, but wow, you've managed to do all the major cutscenes! Major achievement there, and I'm looking forward to getting through the game, especially seeing as I thought it'd never get to this stage.

So yeah, thanks!

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found typos... it was during the Act3 starting cutscene I believe. Instead of "wa" it should be "was"? I forgot, didnt have time to take screenshot as I needed to save badly.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
LoneSyn said:
I found typos... it was during the Act3 starting cutscene I believe. Instead of "wa" it should be "was"? I forgot, didnt have time to take screenshot as I needed to save badly.

Yeah, it's there (Or rather, it was). Instead of trying to describe where it was on the wiki, I corrected it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol