ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I leave for a short while and come back to a patch that is 78% completed! I'll probably start checking the translations again once school starts. x,x
(Currently consumed by Trickster Online)

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, would it be a lot of work to modify the header or whatever you call it so that the cheats recognize the game? I notice that the translated patched version of JUS is recognized by the cheats, while most of the other translated games aren't.

KaOs2FLo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been asked or if answered before but in the recent translation, Darth said that act 6 translation has been completed, but when i played act 5 it was still not translated. Why is that?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KaOs2FLo said:
I'm not sure if this has been asked or if answered before but in the recent translation, Darth said that act 6 translation has been completed, but when i played act 5 it was still not translated. Why is that?
he wanted to know how the game ends, so he skipped 5.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New patch is out, all EX cutscenes are translated. There's some good backstory in there.

zergslayer69 said:
Just curious, would it be a lot of work to modify the header or whatever you call it so that the cheats recognize the game? I notice that the translated patched version of JUS is recognized by the cheats, while most of the other translated games aren't.The game ID for use with cheat devices is included in the readme file for every new version of the patch. I have no idea if it's possible to keep it the same.

QUOTE(KaOs2FLo @ Aug 18 2008, 07:56 AM) I'm not sure if this has been asked or if answered before but in the recent translation, Darth said that act 6 translation has been completed, but when i played act 5 it was still not translated. Why is that?
I felt like doing Act 6 first.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hell, you ARE great, DarthNemesis!
Just keep it up and bring it to a nice end, this translation!
If this if finished, I guess it'll be more popular than never, since this game isn't obviously released in USA/EUR.

Great work!

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zergslayer69 said:
Hey Darth, better set up that Paypal for donations when you release that final patch. =pHaha, I like not getting sued by Nintendo thank you very much =P

QUOTE(ZZGear @ Aug 18 2008, 07:15 PM) hi darth i just wanna ask what is the translation on start of every boss battle in multiplayer mode
Yeah that's been in the back of my mind for a while, I just never got around to playing up to a boss on a co-op game. It's just saying stuff like the other players are still watching the cutscene, so you can either wait for them or start the boss fight without them.

KaOs2FLo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
New patch is out, all EX cutscenes are translated. There's some good backstory in there.

zergslayer69 said:
Just curious, would it be a lot of work to modify the header or whatever you call it so that the cheats recognize the game? I notice that the translated patched version of JUS is recognized by the cheats, while most of the other translated games aren't.The game ID for use with cheat devices is included in the readme file for every new version of the patch. I have no idea if it's possible to keep it the same.

QUOTE(KaOs2FLo @ Aug 18 2008, 07:56 AM) I'm not sure if this has been asked or if answered before but in the recent translation, Darth said that act 6 translation has been completed, but when i played act 5 it was still not translated. Why is that?
I felt like doing Act 6 first.

I see. Well it's all good. Thanks so much for doing all of this. YOU ARE DEFINITELY THE BEST!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey, Darth, the numbers in "Items" menu is not aligned well, I mean, it's like this:

Life Bottle 59
Mid Bottle 29
X-Bottle 20

Well, it's not beautiful, although not heartbreaking, mayeb you can fix it?

I'll try to replay each Act, I noticed some typos in Skill descriptions and texts, but I need to verify again

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Hey, Darth, the numbers in "Items" menu is not aligned well
I've seen that in certain menus, but fixing it would require either going back to a fixed-width font (no way) or changing the code that calculates the spacing, which unfortunately I have no experience doing.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Oh, well, it's bearable anyway
smile.gif

Gonna Download the patcher right now and test the game
smile.gif

ga2arch

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I love this game and this patch.
Thanks to this patch i have the possibility to try this game and .... i love it.
( The only negative point of this game is that the touchscreen is completely ignored )
The translation is really good but sometimes i lose myself in the story because i don't understand slang expressions very well but i suppose that this is only a my problem because i'm italian.
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately i don't understand japanese otherwise i'll help you to translate the game ( i hope that My japanese coach will be useful ).

Thanks again for this patch.

bye.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm glad they completely ignored the touchscreen feature. As you can tell the game doesn't need it. They could've went the summon nights route and had all the movement and attacks touchscreen based, but it's nice to see a quality game play like a traditional game once in a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1