ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
franchojavilondo said:
thnx man for fast reply, but are there any other way to put images or have i to wait, i have a lot to do now so there's no problem if i hae to wait ^^
Well, you can do what I did and use Tile Molester to edit them. You'll have to mess around with the settings a lot, though.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
78% already? Damn, last time I checked, perhaps last month, you guys were around 6X%. Great progress you guys are making.

Are you guys planning to go over contextual issues?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akamai said:
78% already? Damn, last time I checked, perhaps last month, you guys were around 6X%. Great progress you guys are making.Yeah, I got over 10% done just this week instead of hanging out on the beach.

QUOTE(Akamai @ Aug 8 2008, 07:26 PM) Are you guys planning to go over contextual issues?
I'll probably do a full playthrough eventually, once everything's translated, but if you find anything that doesn't make sense then do please point it out.

damiussus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So close to being done!!!! This is one of the best translation projects ever. You are the best Darth!!!!!
gbasp.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
franchojavilondo said:
i want to edit some images that appear in the game, i used somapic for extract them and then photoshop for editing, now how can i put them into the game?? i dunno how to convert them to .ntp can u help me please??
I'm planning to add support for importing and saving images to SomaPic.
SomaPic has now been updated to include saving, copy/paste, importing/exporting (BMP/PNG), and batch conversion.

QUOTE(damiussus @ Aug 10 2008, 08:37 PM)
oh? What group? you got a link?
ph34r.gif
http://zettaizero.wordpress.com/2008/07/14...n-announcement/

L

lilkerv90210

darth for some reason my sav file is corrupted and wont load so do you have a sav file i could use or a way to fix this problem

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated SomaPic to support editing compressed .dad files directly.

lilkerv90210 said:
darth for some reason my sav file is corrupted and wont load so do you have a sav file i could use or a way to fix this problem
Can't help you with corrupted files, sorry. As for sav files, I have a few with a Gunner Millers, but that's it.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
would it help if I started playing and told you where i find missing/corrupted text? I dont know japanese, but I would like to help
smile.gif

The message when I first started the game was about "cheking save file" or something, right?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! SomaTrans has been updated to support non-Shift_JIS characters for those of you doing foreign-language translations. Here's how it works:

1. Edit fontlc.dad to add new tiles for the desired characters, and map each one to an unused value (i.e. 8401-84FF). Note: do not use values ending in 00. I can go into this in more detail if necessary.
2. Add the new mappings to encoding.tbl, which is a Unicode-encoded text file. A sample has been provided but does not actually map to valid tiles, so you should replace it with your own.
3. Use the new Unicode options when importing/exporting the script. You can now type in your native character set and SomaTrans will seamlessly convert the characters using the mappings you assigned.

Warcueid said:
So, if I use SomaPic, would it be possible to change the colors of the characters in Photoshop and then insert them back in?No, it doesn't have any support for the 3D models. Are the 10 outfits you get from beating the game not enough?

QUOTE(farfet @ Aug 11 2008, 08:02 PM) would it help if I started playing and told you where i find missing/corrupted text? I dont know japanese, but I would like to help
smile.gif
Corrupted text, sure. Untranslated text, no.

franchojavilondo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi darth nemesis, thnks for the update of somapic, now i have a problem, i edit the images, and....using the color palette of them and also putting only 256 colors etc... it always lose a little quality, what can i do?

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey DarthNemesis,

Do you appreciate the grammar in your translations?
I mean, I didn't have found anyone yet, but just thinking ...
Of course it's your translation and I should be glad that your are translating this game at all, but I just think it makes translations cooler and more popular, when someone throws an eye on grammar etc. when translating =).

regards

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somafontxx3.png

Update! SomaFont now contains a font editor. Here's how to use it:

First, load the font table from your somatemp directory through the File menu (sys\fontlc.dad). Open the Font Editor from the Tools menu and select a tile from the left-hand list to load its information. Click the Add button to create a new tile, or the Save button to update the currently selected tile.

After you have created a tile and assigned it to a character, save the font table. This will create an encoding.tbl file containing the new characters you have added to the font. To add support for these new characters to SomaTemp, copy this file to the same directory as SomaTemp.exe. You can then use the Unicode import/export feature to edit the script in your native character set.

franchojavilondo said:
hi darth nemesis, thnks for the update of somapic, now i have a problem, i edit the images, and....using the color palette of them and also putting only 256 colors etc... it always lose a little quality, what can i do?All RGB values for colors should be a multiple of 8. The reason is that colors are stored in 15bpp BGR format, which means that you only have 5 bits per channel instead of the usual 8. When you import a new palette, the lower 3 bits of each color will be lost.

QUOTE(Zerrix @ Aug 12 2008, 06:02 AM) Hey DarthNemesis,

Do you appreciate the grammar in your translations?
I mean, I didn't have found anyone yet, but just thinking ...
Of course it's your translation and I should be glad that your are translating this game at all, but I just think it makes translations cooler and more popular, when someone throws an eye on grammar etc. when translating =).
I don't know what you mean by "appreciate". Is there something wrong with the grammar? It's a fairly literal translation, so if people want to reword things to sound more natural then that is very welcome, so long as it gets across the sentiment of the original line.

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet!.. Thanks a lot for all your hard work with Soma Bringer DarthNemesis. This translation is truly amazing and very fun for my family and I to play. Looking forward to every update and again thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello!