Playing Smash Bros. Ultimate online with mods (CFW on sysnand)

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed lots of wifi-safe mods that I want to play Smash online with. There is nothing pirated on the sysnand, all legit games and files on my sysnand. Now, if I boot into the CFW on the sysnand, will my custom background cause problems and get me banned? And what if I enter the Homebrew menu through the gallery when on the sysnand? If possible, I would like someone to answer my questions and maybe also clear things up and tell me about more possible dangers that could get me banned (for example if entering the Homebrew menu on the sysnand can get me banned, or if entering it is even posible)

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed lots of wifi-safe mods that I want to play Smash online with. There is nothing pirated on the sysnand, all legit games and files on my sysnand. Now, if I boot into the CFW on the sysnand, will my custom background cause problems and get me banned? And what if I enter the Homebrew menu through the gallery when on the sysnand? If possible, I would like someone to answer my questions and maybe also clear things up and tell me about more possible dangers that could get me banned (for example if entering the Homebrew menu on the sysnand can get me banned, or if entering it is even posible)
if you have cfw installed you can get banned
if you mod/hack your switch in anyway you can get banned

if you want to be as safe as possible use stock sysnand and don't mod your console

i've been using sysnand online(mario kart8) and homebrew on emunand with 90dns and exosphere and i have yet to get banned. However i know and assume the risk of my decision

Last edited by pinbi7,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You would get banned if you have pirated game on Sysnand.

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! Now, I understand that there's always a risk of getting banned, I just would like to keep that risk low. Now, there are no pirated games on my sysnand, so does that mean that I can boot into the sysnand with no problems? And what's with the custom bg and the homebrew menu?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! Now, I understand that there's always a risk of getting banned, I just would like to keep that risk low. Now, there are no pirated games on my sysnand, so does that mean that I can boot into the sysnand with no problems? And what's with the custom bg and the homebrew menu?
I can't answer on the custom background. That's an iffy one, and honestly, I would keep sys as clean as possible.

As you have said, as long as you're "clean" cfw + sysnand is safe.

hbmenu by itsself is safe, if you use it the correct way. NO CUSTOM TITLES FOR ANY HOMEBREW IN THE MENU!! Any of those are considered "piracy" by Nintendo. You can only run hbmenu by the album icon, or by holding R while launching a legit game.

The background I want to say might be something to be banned over. I want to say I remember reports of people being banned because of custom avatars, so while the background isnt really a graphic that is shared online, it is still known that Nintendo does check at least one graphic resource. So honestly, I wouldnt test it.

Your question is the real unknown. There's a lot of "maybe's" with running cfw on sysnand that you're just going to have to choose for yourself if its worth it. I would go to make my system as stock as possible and pretty much only use those exact mods.

If you ever get banned, feel free to share exactly what you were running.

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are hundreds of twitch bots running cfw and animal crossing on stream, I don't think there has ever been a banwave for that.

I know multiple people who use custom skins online for ssbu and no bans either.

But as the above ppl say, there is always a risk for a ban if you go online with cfw. But I think it's significantly less if you don't have pirated tickets/nsp/etc and if you don't alter your online gameplay to ina way which will affect other players significantly. Splatoon is the only game I read where ppl were getting banned and that was for using cheats in competitive gaming.

Do all at your own risk ofc.

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't answer on the custom background. That's an iffy one, and honestly, I would keep sys as clean as possible.

As you have said, as long as you're "clean" cfw + sysnand is safe.

hbmenu by itsself is safe, if you use it the correct way. NO CUSTOM TITLES FOR ANY HOMEBREW IN THE MENU!! Any of those are considered "piracy" by Nintendo. You can only run hbmenu by the album icon, or by holding R while launching a legit game.

The background I want to say might be something to be banned over. I want to say I remember reports of people being banned because of custom avatars, so while the background isnt really a graphic that is shared online, it is still known that Nintendo does check at least one graphic resource. So honestly, I wouldnt test it.

Your question is the real unknown. There's a lot of "maybe's" with running cfw on sysnand that you're just going to have to choose for yourself if its worth it. I would go to make my system as stock as possible and pretty much only use those exact mods.

If you ever get banned, feel free to share exactly what you were running.
Thank you for the answer.
I guess I'll remove my custom background before going on the CFW sysnand then. Thanks!

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question, though. What's with Incognito? I installed it on my switch for safety, but will I be able to go online on the CFW sysnand or will my serial number be spoofed on the CFW sysnand too?

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, seems like having a custom background selected is safe on the custom firmware on sysnand! So far, I didn't get banned, and I already played online Smash Bros. with wifi-safe mods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1