DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey, we're at exactly 60.00%.

Mac2492 said:
I just tested out two spaces and it looks fine. I'll test out "?", but I just want to point out that it might be awkward when the text breaks into another line. Is this okay?It can't be any more awkward than a line break with spaces between the items, right?

QUOTE(Mac2492 @ Jul 1 2008, 09:23 PM) ...xD! I just started removing commas that weren't appropriate. You should have mentioned this earlier. I think we should keep the inappropriate commas off. The sentence just reads weird when you stick, random commas in them.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, leaving the sentence hanging has a greater negative impact on the flow of the lines. Maybe they just need to be reworded into segments that can be divided along a natural pause?

lstobias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
guys i downloaded the net framework but there is one wierd thing... i have the language pack for japanese but it still dont works i only see blocks

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kampf: "Type of perforation. The holes are clean with sharp edges."
Source

It fits the class description quite well. Do you think this is the reference the game developers were going for?

Batman55 said:
BTW, how many Acts are there?
There are 6 acts and 3 extra acts.

DarthNemesis said:
Oh hey, we're at exactly 60.00%.
Yay. =)

DarthNemesis said:
It can't be any more awkward than a line break with spaces between the items, right?
You should try out both and see which one looks better. I would take screenshots for you, but no$gba isn't running Soma Bringer properly for me. (There is audio, but no video...)

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ Jul 2 2008, 12:33 AM)
Well, as far as I'm concerned, leaving the sentence hanging has a greater negative impact on the flow of the lines. Maybe they just need to be reworded into segments that can be divided along a natural pause?
I'm not sure what you mean by "leaving the sentence hanging". Do you mean something like this?
Text Box 1: "This is a sentence that is"
Text Box 2: "too long to fit in one box!"

If so, then I'm not sure why you would find that awkward. It looks fine to me.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
Source

It fits the class description quite well. Do you think this is the reference the game developers were going for?It's also the German word for "struggle", which seems a little more likely, but that's neat.

QUOTE(Mac2492 @ Jul 2 2008, 10:09 AM) If so, then I'm not sure why you would find that awkward. It looks fine to me.
Yes, it has always bothered me when games do that. Consider it an aesthetic preference if nothing else.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Mac2492 said:
Source

It fits the class description quite well. Do you think this is the reference the game developers were going for?It's also the German word for "struggle", which seems a little more likely, but that's neat.

QUOTE(Mac2492 @ Jul 2 2008, 10:09 AM) If so, then I'm not sure why you would find that awkward. It looks fine to me.
Yes, it has always bothered me when games do that. Consider it an aesthetic preference if nothing else.

The way Mac2492 highlighted is correct English though. Ultimately we'll all be able to understand it either way, but it's grammatically correct and how it would be in books, etc.

Please don't take that as a dig, just an observation.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A strange problem I'm having. I'm using a cyclo, and with every translated game, I can access the cheat menu except for this one. An unpatched soma bringer still allows me to access the cheats, but the patched version just jumps straight to loading the game. And I know some of you will say "this game is too easy, don't cheat". It's more of a missing feature thing than a necessity to me. Thanks.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zergslayer69 said:
A strange problem I'm having. I'm using a cyclo, and with every translated game, I can access the cheat menu except for this one. An unpatched soma bringer still allows me to access the cheats, but the patched version just jumps straight to loading the game. And I know some of you will say "this game is too easy, don't cheat". It's more of a missing feature thing than a necessity to me. Thanks.
The game ID changes with each patch, and is included in the readme. You need to change your cheat file to match it.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Um... I have a suggestion (maybe very useless) Soma Class has Fire Skill, Water Skill, Wind Skill, and Earth Skill (or something like that) which increases damage of corresponding element, but Ice actually improves Fire, Wind improves Ice, and earth improves Wind, while Fire does nothing, how about a note under the skill description to help gamers who don't know?

Like:
QUOTE said:
(current)
Water Skill
Auto Ability: Increases damage of Water magic attacks

QUOTE said:
(suggestion)
Water Skill
Auto Ability: Increases damage of Water magic attacks

(actually Fire Magics)
or something like that

Also, problem with Holy Orb description. Currently it looks like this:
Effect:
Adds light damage
to
elemental attacks
stun 4%
duration 1s
Max Lv3

there is a break after word "to". The sentence "Max Lv3" overlayed the textbox's border, not quite good to see, although it is understandable. There is enough space for word "elemental" as displayed. Also, Earth Orb and Water Orb has "Petrify Chance" and "Freeze Chance". I think it should be rearranged, and "stun" should be "stun chance"

Also, there's this weapon "Bagh Nakh". I saw it in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin as "Bahg Nahk" meaning "tiger claw", which one is correct?
blink.gif

Well, I can only point out things like this, can't help repair it
frown.gif

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
zergslayer69 said:
The game ID changes with each patch, and is included in the readme. You need to change your cheat file to match it.

Hmm, and then we deviate to "how do I change my cheat file to match"? I've been just downloading the pre-created file and tossing it onto my cyclo up till now. I won't keep sidetracking this thread much longer, promise!

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Um... I have a suggestion (maybe very useless) Soma Class has Fire Skill, Water Skill, Wind Skill, and Earth Skill (or something like that) which increases damage of corresponding element, but Ice actually improves Fire, Wind improves Ice, and earth improves Wind, while Fire does nothing, how about a note under the skill description to help gamers who don't know?
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'll look into it later. Darth might know what you mean.

Raestloz said:
(actually Fire Magics)
That's a bit too sloppy. If the Ice passive improves Fire magic, the description should say so plainly. I doubt that's the case, though.

QUOTE(Raestloz @ Jul 3 2008, 09:02 PM)
Also, there's this weapon "Bagh Nakh". I saw it in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin as "Bahg Nahk" meaning "tiger claw", which one is correct?
blink.gif
"Bagh Nakh" is Hindi for "Tiger Claw".

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Um... I have a suggestion (maybe very useless) Soma Class has Fire Skill, Water Skill, Wind Skill, and Earth Skill (or something like that) which increases damage of corresponding element, but Ice actually improves Fire, Wind improves Ice, and earth improves Wind, while Fire does nothing, how about a note under the skill description to help gamers who don't know?That glitch only affects the menu, not the game itself. The actual damage boost from the ability does correspond to the correct element.

Raestloz said:
there is a break after word "to". The sentence "Max Lv3" overlayed the textbox's border, not quite good to see, although it is understandable. There is enough space for word "elemental" as displayed. Also, Earth Orb and Water Orb has "Petrify Chance" and "Freeze Chance". I think it should be rearranged, and "stun" should be "stun chance"Good catch, I'll fix that.

QUOTE(zergslayer69 @ Jul 3 2008, 10:09 PM)
Hmm, and then we deviate to "how do I change my cheat file to match"? I've been just downloading the pre-created file and tossing it onto my cyclo up till now. I won't keep sidetracking this thread much longer, promise!
Sorry, can't help you there. I don't have a CycloDS.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
zergslayer69 said:
Go grab the R4CCE, it should be around Google or the downloads page somewhere and fix the GameID yourself. When you open the R4CCE, open up the user.evocheats file, search for Soma Bringer, and then where it says "GameID," click the "..." next to it and redirect it to the translated ROM file.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darth, can you please look into the description/effect for Spell Blast? (Soma skill, Fire Tree, Rank 4) (It's listed under Survival Skills)

The description says that it increases magic attack potency. The ability data says "Magic Success". I'm pretty sure one of them is wrong.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Mac2492 said:
Raestloz said:
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'll look into it later. Darth might know what you mean.

QUOTE(Raestloz @ Jul 3 2008, 09:02 PM) (actually Fire Magics)
That's a bit too sloppy. If the Ice passive improves Fire magic, the description should say so plainly. I doubt that's the case, though.

Well, the problem is I've experienced it myself. Try to take Soma as your class. Then use the max AP cheat. Put AP in Firebolt (fire element) and while seeing actions assigned to each button (by pressing select in menu) you'll see Firebolt's actual power. Add points to Fire Skill and it won't budge. Add points to Water Skill and somehow Firebolt's power improves. And it's potency decreases as you decrease Water Skill's AP. I didn't test it with Wind Skill and Earth Skill, as I thought one example is enough to surprise me

I know it's absurd, but maybe the programmers made a mistake. GameFAQs's members reported the same problem too. I knew it because of them and tried it myself, I didn't believe it either, but what the hey......

I suggested "(actually Fire Magics)" because surely saying it plainly as the description may be abit sloppy too. I thought Darth can maintain the original translation while telling gamers the actual thing

Um... so which one is correct? is it "Bagh Nakh" or "Bahg Nahk"?
blink.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
Darth, can you please look into the description/effect for Spell Blast? (Soma skill, Fire Tree, Rank 4) (It's listed under Survival Skills)

The description says that it increases magic attack potency. The ability data says "Magic Success". I'm pretty sure one of them is wrong.Okay, I'll check it out.

Raestloz said:
I suggested "(actually Fire Magics)" because surely saying it plainly as the description may be abit sloppy too. I thought Darth can maintain the original translation while telling gamers the actual thingDid you miss my earlier reply? The glitch only affects the menu screen, not actual gameplay.

QUOTE(Raestloz @ Jul 6 2008, 10:14 AM)
Um... so which one is correct? is it "Bagh Nakh" or "Bahg Nahk"?
blink.gif
Both are merely romanizations since Hindi does not use our alphabet, but the preponderance of search results favor Bagh Nakh.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
QUOTE said:
Raestloz said:
I suggested "(actually Fire Magics)" because surely saying it plainly as the description may be abit sloppy too. I thought Darth can maintain the original translation while telling gamers the actual thing

Did you miss my earlier reply? The glitch only affects the menu screen, not actual gameplay.

Ah, I must have missed it, sorry for bothering you.

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darth:

I began adding script wikitables to pages which did not 'exist' (script #, but no page/table)
However, I took a second look and it seems that most of the pages are being added by individuals as they're translated. So I stopped to ask - do you prefer people add what they're translating (for the sake of "knowing what's untranslated"), or would you like the scripts there (eliminating the rote work of putting up tables)?

I ask because I'd like to contribute, but my Jap knowledge is limited, and I'm still working my way through the story (scripts are infinitely more difficult to translate when you don't have a grasp of the "whole" plot, especially in Japanese. I'm not so bad if the text is standalone), so if I can make it easier for those more fluent to work on the main script, that would be great.

I was also hoping that it might encourage people who aren't comfortable fiddling with the tools. Might be easier for some to simply pop onto the wiki and translate a section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ