ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats fine I now intend to do this translations for myself, I will no longer post anymore information on here or wiki, sorry for being a burden, though I don't see you doing anything for the translation.

But for your information, I ain't screwing anything up cos anything I add doesn't get added to the patch anyway, plus I notice all the messed up line endings and all people go on about is how long left and how much longer, so if I do it for myself I can take as long as I like and I only translate part of the word and until I either find somewhere else or learn Japanese I intend to use what I see fit.

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecrash1973 said:
Thats fine I now intend to do this translations for myself, I will no longer post anymore information on here or wiki, sorry for being a burden, though I don't see you doing anything for the translation.

But for your information, I ain't screwing anything up cos anything I add doesn't get added to the patch anyway, plus I notice all the messed up line endings and all people go on about is how long left and how much longer, so if I do it for myself I can take as long as I like and I only translate part of the word and until I either find somewhere else or learn Japanese I intend to use what I see fit.
Ah don't take it these criticisms too seriously. I think this project needs any translation help, so we definitely could use you! Even if it's a little wrong, it'll be cleaned up by someone else.

I was working on cleaning up the skill translations (line breaks and such). It's just so hard to describe some of the longer skill descriptions in 96 characters or less.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I only add what I translate as notes to the wiki these can be altered to anyones taste, some may even sound better than what others get is all a difference of opinion, eveyone has there own opinion just so many use it and don't even seem to give the rest a compliment or thank us properly, or even try to help with the patch or translating.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fusoya59 said:
I noticed the status effect "Faint" in a lot of the descriptions. Wouldn't "Stun" be better?
Yes, it definitely would be. I translated all those before I had tested any of them, so Faint was just a guess at that point.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wonder if there was a way to get deufeufeu to give you an hand with the screen translations, as I remember him doing the single player option on his very first patch, and there might be a way he could either help you guys out seeing how fair this project is coming along, with editing the picture messages.

You never know unless you try.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you very much for this patch all you guys
grog.gif
only wish i knew japanese so i could help out
yaynds.gif

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats ok just thought I would ask.

Can anyone explain the warn (0%) thing I have under my member name, as I never come across one before that and the fact I have never posted as many responses on a forum before.

Also how does the following sound:

魔人Footprints = Genie Footprints

魔人Cry = either Magic Cry or Genie Cry

=T^T=

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thecrash1973 said:
Thats ok just thought I would ask.

Can anyone explain the warn (0%) thing I have under my member name, as I never come across one before that and the fact I have never posted as many responses on a forum before.

Also how does the following sound:

??Footprints = Genie Footprints

??Cry = either Magic Cry or Genie Cry

?? [???] ma-jin

Demon

It takes more than web translator to get accurate result. Genie is way off; Magic.. no more comment.

Interesting project, by the way.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was only checking web translation had nothing to do with and anyway if your that good how come not your helping with the translation, obivisouly your just another one of these waiting for the completed project.

Oh well must get back to my final fantasy rings of fate.

=T^T=

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thecrash1973 said:
I was only checking web translation had nothing to do with and anyway if your that good how come not your helping with the translation, obivisouly your just another one of these waiting for the completed project.

Ah, =T^T= do love it when people jumps at the gun.

1- Frankly, =T^T= knows nothing about editing rom/wiki. It will be a mess later.
2- How come not helping? Well, is it a must? (Am just registered yesterday) Doesn't really make sense. Plus, the game is playable for =T^T= without the patch, and it's very nice to see a project based on this game.

At least =T^T= knows how not to complicate things up. Am steering clear this topic then.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it is nice to see a project go so far, cos many people get bored after a few weeks, and go on and do something else.

But this web translation site rubbish is getting quite boring YAWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!

So I may as well let everyone else mess the translation up and I'll just wait for a US release.

wischmop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, did these ones:

# Mason Groma (A)
# Thieves' Camp (A)
# Receiving the Letter (A)
# Letter to Tony (A)
# Amarty Ruins (ABC)
# Ruins Militia (A)

Sometimes it was a little bit difficult to understand (because of dialects or phrases that are just used in spoken japanese and I haven't heard till now) and translate, but I tried my best
biggrin.gif
I hope someone checks these parts.
lecture.gif

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wischmop said:
Ok, did these ones:

# Mason Groma (A)
# Thieves' Camp (A)
# Receiving the Letter (A)
# Letter to Tony (A)
# Amarty Ruins (ABC)
# Ruins Militia (A)

Sometimes it was a little bit difficult to understand (because of dialects or phrases that are just used in spoken japanese and I haven't heard till now) and translate, but I tried my best
biggrin.gif
I hope someone checks these parts.
lecture.gif
Good job! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
yaynds.gif

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank the gods that no one is using babelfish anymore....
happy.gif
this project is looking good...but until I get a new DS flash card...I can't help, my Supercard DS ONE was stolen by an ex roomate

lhnguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecrash1973 said:

Please oh please get back to your rings of fate. Tired of your crappy translations. Some of us might not be helping, but at least we're not hurting.

=T^T=

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thecrash1973 said:
But this web translation site rubbish is getting quite boring YAWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!

=T^T= it's facts. Web translator does produce rubbish from time to time. Especially when one who can't read but tried to use it. That goes for other language translation.

DarthNemesis said:
QUOTE(=T^T= @ Apr 4 2008, 10:50 AM) Plus, the game is playable for =T^T= without the patch, and it's very nice to see a project based on this game.
=T^T= is a dirty tease ?;´???

=O_O= nuu way.

=>?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P