Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
At this time (for 2 week) i cant' translate because i have my french exam .......I'm sorry, maybe i had some line break for the Dialogue but thats all for this period

sorry
frown.gif
maybe i have the time to test the patch

Seraphim521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Darth, how are you going about translating the Cutscenes? I took a look at your editor program and I could not seem to find entries for the Cutscenes? Are you using the same editor or perhaps an updated one? I would love to help translating and editting. I have little experience with Japanese but I am working on obtaining a few Applications to assist with that.

Seraphim521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ack, sorry. After reading the whole thread a bit more thoroughly I see that you already are working on adding the cutscenes to your editor. I eagerly await the addition
biggrin.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated SomaTrans to v0.8 - all script lines can now be edited!

Follow these steps to avoid errors when upgrading:[*]Export your ROM[*]Back up your sjs/wikitable directories[*]Extract the new version and replace existing files[*]Re-import your ROM with the new version[*]Export to sjs/wikitable[*]Copy your backup sjs/wikitable directories over the new ones and replace filesYou should then be able to safely import your old sjs files.

Edit: With the vast number of files now, it can be difficult to find lines. I found a solution to that in a great open-source program called AstroGrep.
I modified it to use Shift-JIS encoding; there's a link on the main page of the wiki.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just going through the tutorial menus I added and correcting the line endings.

Where do I download the new version, and is there a program I need so that I can actually see the text has it is meant to be and not loads of little squares.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers thats helped me no end now.

OK an update of what I have done so far corrected line ending for tutorial menus and tutorial text, sorted some of the tutorial 1 and 2 section parts as well, added some names to be changed to the quest log and near completed all quest info.

will get back to it once I test the rom. and confirm all alterations on the Wiki.

Crash and burn!!!

wischmop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I did some of the "Report to the Priest" Dialogues, to be exact the B part and the Downtown A part. I've left some comments in Bold where I wasn't sure how to translate it correctly.
unsure.gif
I've put everything in the Literal column...
I hope my english isn't THAT wrong there.
biggrin.gif

abridgedravemast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can some one post a link to the latest version of the patch plz. and when do you think this patch will be 100% complete? i really wanna see this patch get finished unlike most patches which are never really finished.

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ameer10 said:
monaug5 said:
Do u know japanese?
nope. im gonna use babel fish

People should not be doing translations with Babelfish. It just results in more work for the actual translators after they have to correct the butchered/poor translation.

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doom5 said:
Ameer10 said:
monaug5 said:
Do u know japanese?
nope. im gonna use babel fish

People should not be doing translations with Babelfish. It just results in more work for the actual translators after they have to correct the butchered/poor translation.
I agree with this man...Only people who have a general understanding of the japanese language should be translated text. Using babelfish is like handing a monkey an egg and a frying pan and then expecting it to know what to do with them.

Angelic-Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... Look at First Pg .... for latest patch .............
And yea don't use translating sites to help translate .... they give rly crappy translations only use them as a dictionary .... for one word

wischmop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I've got another question:
How far is it possible to insert the buttons in the start menu? I could get them done by my brother.
smile.gif
This concerns graphics hack and so on, so I just wanted to ask.
Sooner or later it might be important, because I think that the texts at the beginning of the game are graphics too...:|

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Started working on tutorial 3 also need to correct some name entries in the quest log, also I noticed that Rinel temple actually comes up as Linell temple which is the correct translation this is in both google and babelfish, please confirm, have started to look at the party members support/attack abilities its just getting to each character and ensuring they look ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo