Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sol Trigger English Project

sol_eng_logo.png

http://soltriggerenglish.wordpress.com/
This is a fan translation for Sol Trigger, a JRPG for the PSP developed by ImageEpoch.

title.jpg

Example video (this is quite old now, font has since been fixed)

Team members:

GareJei - Translator - http://gareblogs.wordpress.com/
JamRules - hacking
darekasan - Script editing/Quality control

Estimated Progress

The patch will be released as a complete (100%) patch
Estimated Progress
Story translation: Large portion complete
Menus: Most initial versions done, awaiting improvement
Battle System: Most initial versions done, awaiting improvement
In Battle chat: Partially done
Main Character/Item/Skill/Place names: Most initial versions done, awaiting improvement
Item/Skill Descriptions: Most initial versions done, awaiting improvement
Awake conditions: Most initial versions done, awaiting improvement
Image replacement (menu prompts, character names): working texture extractor and converter
Movies: Only first movie complete
Chapter introductions: technical tools required ready, translations done
Script insertion tools: Mainly compete
Font/Text: Sizing asm hack in place, texture editing pending

solbg2.png

This post has been modified, the original is below

2.jpg

Sol Trigger English Project
http://www.xenotranslations.org

Sol Trigger is a great JRPG for the PSP and, let’s face it, it has very little chance of ever getting an official English localization. The PSP translation scene is minuscule compared to other platforms, but there are quite a few great games on the system and the only way we’ll ever play them in English is via fan translations.

Here is a quick screenshot showing basic text replacement. The spacing between the letters will be fixed at a later time, we're working on it but it is not as simple as it seems. At the very least, the plan is to have the font fixed in time for the final patch release.

early-screen01.png

For more info and future updates, visit
I'll also frequent this thread and try to answer questions.

Last edited by JamRules,

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo just like digimon? A 100% only release?

That's gonna take a while but it's good to know that the project is in the works, That alone is enough
for me and surely for other reasonable people as well.

In the meantime there are lots of games to play and time goes like water so before I know it the project
will be finished. Good luck for this project!

Reactions: Blaze012

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe create japanese stoty script first for those want to translate for easier translation

Good luck Sensei!!

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all I am very pleased you are both an ambitious and dedicated fan of the game and willing to do this translation. I am personally a big fan of the Imageepoch rpgs on the PSP and this one had a very memorable place. I wish you well and hopefully you find talented individuals with as much zeal.

I'd consider translating the game's database first. It contains all the lore, key terms and characters backstories. If you translate and get a feel for the world and characters it might make translating the dialogue a smoother transition.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
No, it's not. Impatience =/= better.

when you tell people that it will be released 100%, then after like 1 or 2 months, they stop supporting the project, and without support, you get tired of the idea, and you stop, but when you release little by little, people keep expecting more :)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you tell people that it will be released 100%, then after like 1 or 2 months, they stop supporting the project, and without support, you get tired of the idea, and you stop, but when you release little by little, people keep expecting more :)
If they gave up that easily, they probably shouldn't have started the project in the first place...
The game is easy to play without a patch, and the story isn't that good either, I'm fine with waiting for a 100% so I don't have to replay it every time a new patch is out (to go back over the dialogue that I played through on an earlier patch)

Just preference, I guess. I can see where you are coming from. :)

Reactions: omarrrio

Subevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone starts a translation project for the sole purpose of getting attention, then they're probably doing it for the wrong reasons. Frankly, look at the translation projects that have been completed fully and released. I guarantee that the majority didn't release a patch until completion. It's not going to decrease the chances of completion. I'm not doing this for Internet fame or something.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If someone starts a translation project for the sole purpose of getting attention, then they're probably doing it for the wrong reasons. Frankly, look at the translation projects that have been completed fully and released. I guarantee that the majority didn't release a patch until completion. It's not going to decrease the chances of completion. I'm not doing this for Internet fame or something.

lol got it, i wasn't referring to your patch to be honest, i was referring to the Re-Digitize patch.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the sole idea of "making a translation public" is not to get support, it's to get help, just like this one for example, I was happy with Tales of Rebirth under wraps, but we went out of translators and needed some help...

about the yucky english text, that's something we call : Variable-Width font problem ^^

Subevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sole idea of "making a translation public" is not to get support, it's to get help, just like this one for example, I was happy with Tales of Rebirth under wraps, but we went out of translators and needed some help...

about the yucky english text, that's something we call : Variable-Width font problem ^^

Yep, I know what a VWF is. ;)

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau

could be fixed through the Eboot.bin decrypted file i suppose

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Behind this 100%!

If I wasn't already helping with the Type-0 project, I'd offer tracking/editing/testing services.

Good luck!

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Releasing only when the project is 100% is fine.

The problems is with the groups that form to make a patch for games people really want to play
and announce it will only be released when it hit's 100%. Later the group disbands for wathever
reason and the patch dies without it being released.

That's what pisses me the most but I know that here in GBA temp that has a low chance of happening.

The "Valkyria Chronicles III" project for example which you can find in wordpress stated that it will be
released at 100% only as well, But they also said that if the group disbands they will release what was
done before disbanding. So that's some relief in a sense...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father