Softmodded Wii having trouble reading discs.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by abridgedravemast, Oct 25, 2010.

1. abridgedravemast
    OP

Newcomer abridgedravemast Member

United Kingdom
    My Softmodded Wii will sometimes say the disc could not be read when I turn it on or try to play but sometimes it plays games perfectly. It's playing games less frequently now and I've cleaned the lens and still nothing. I think it may be software related but not sure.Help?

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    probably not the wii's cd drive goes out fairly quick the best solution is grab you a external hdd off newegg.com just made sure your not over paying cause each Gigabyte should only be 50cents each anything more is over priced and anything less is good dealing [​IMG]

but games run faster off a usb drive and you can choose which one you want to play instead of having to keep swapping disc out putting wear & tear on your wii drive. hope this helps

3. abridgedravemast
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'd rather not have to resort to HDD as it would render all my games a waste of money, most of which I brought on release day :'(

4. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    not really just means they will be in mint condition. Loading from a hdd is 2x faster then what it can do from a cd and it's only useless if you pirate if you go out and buy the games it just means you can play them all w/o the hassle of getting scratches on them. plus you can play wiiware and vc games from usb loaders now.

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you're playing released games, and you're having problems loading them... It has nothing to do with soft modding. The drive is more likely than not, going out on it.

If it's playing backup games and having this problem, it could be the softmodding... but more likely it's a medium issue (IE, get better DVDs)

6. abridgedravemast
    OP

United Kingdom
    its both backups and retail games.