Hacking Softmod (Twilight Hack) vs Mod Chip (Wii Key 2)

angelson1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree that softmod can be the safest. Even if you brick your wii, you should still be able to send it in to be repaired. I know people who have done this, the down side is that they also tend to upgrade the wii system which does create problems for the softmod. If you are extra careful about what you install and get a Starfall, you should be golden and protected.

As for usefulness, I prefer the HBC applications and downloads because it seems that you can do more with this than you can with a modchip. Ultimately, it seems to me that wether you choose modchip or softmod is whether you are willing to pay the extra 70-100 to get your games now. I myself have confidence that the softmod community work quickly to increase the compatibility and to be able to play gamecube backups. It is a matter of patience and risk tolerance.

bbpp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just have a quick question; I'm about to buy a Wii fitted with a Wiikey. But I'm wondering if it'll be possible to also softmod my Wii afterwards, so I can play virtual console games/wiiware games on it.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes bbpp83 you can work away with ya vc stuff
smile.gif

bbpp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well the thing is, the Wii I'm buying already has a modchip built in, and they're not asking extra for it.
I'm just wondering if the Wiikey gets in the way of anything I'd like to do with it softmod-wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE