Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems with any of my other retail games....at all.
This one just took me by suprise.
Golfman560 said:
Kree_boy said:
Shows up in disk channel...starts..gets to the loading screen, then i get a white screen telling me the Wii cant read the disk.

Which loading screen? Is there any images?

Edit: Tested my retail SSBB and it works fine.

This is my problem...click the image.

Everything else runs no questions asked.

Edit: Just checked and the disk is clean and scratch free. Side note...Wii is noisey...and will be fixed this week...but i dont think thats the problem as all other games work.

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I HAVE read the guide. ARC is installed and WIFI is active.

And I dont think that my DVD is bad. With gamma loader everything is fine (Verbatim DVD-R 4x). The .iso is not patched in a way. All my Pal games work.

There must be something wrong which is not mentioned in the guide. But I dont know where to look for the solution
wacko.gif

wiiv1.5owners3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok redid EVERYTHING to the guide that comes with softmii 1.0 step by step full ARC installation all steps followed in sequance games at the begining of the thread reported not working.................STILL NOT WORKING and i got horrible black boarder on system menu now and blurry disc top left corner anyone know a tidy (orginal) system menu please so REgion changer didnt make ANY DIFFERANCE.

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
ok redid EVERYTHING to the guide that comes with softmii 1.0 step by step full ARC installation all steps followed in sequance games at the begining of the thread reported not working.................STILL NOT WORKING and i got horrible black boarder on system menu now and blurry disc top left corner anyone know a tidy (orginal) system menu please so REgion changer didnt make ANY DIFFERANCE.
lol...have same problems about launching from disc channel...no diference afer reinstalling all apps.

wiiv1.5owners3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope but the games that dont work via disc channel i can run via wiigator's backuploader channel with no problem..........softmii still seems to have a few bugs it would seem

hellbent1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Naruto 2 european pal and pikimin pal do not work through disc channel with softmii 0.9.5/ arc installed/starfall hacks enabled 3.2u system, work all fuzzy in backuploader without ntsc forced and region free. These are the only 2 out of region games that don't work out of 95 backed up games.
Not bad ratio..
Thanks all,
Hellbent1

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hellbent1 said:
Naruto 2 european pal and pikimin pal do not work through disc channel with softmii 0.9.5/ arc installed/starfall hacks enabled 3.2u system, work all fuzzy in backuploader without ntsc forced and region free. These are the only 2 out of region games that don't work out of 95 backed up games.
Not bad ratio..
Thanks all,
Hellbent1

With all fuzzy you mean, something like a falling screen? Try to force PAL60, default is PAL50 is incompatible with NTSC in 3 ways(colors, resolution and frequenzy), while PAL60 is like NTSC, just with PAL colors.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:

C'mon, people, don't do things to your system if you don't know what you are doing. The system menu is SUPPOSED to be like that. Its a proof of concept to show that they can alter the menu and still have it work. DON'T INSTALL SOFTWARE LABELED ALPHA IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

you need an original 00000042.app and point your softmii tweaks at it to restore your system menu.

What preloader hacks do you have, and which ones do you have enabled. This is almost definatley the root of your problem.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i guess I'll chime in being one of the testers for CIOSCORP and SoftMii projects.....

The idea of SoftMii game compatibility is a non-issue. It was not meant to completely replace Gamma Channel or Softchip... but rather to make discs playable from disc channel.
Getting things running right this way involved a little more in the way of region/video patching than was expected, even to the point that PAL machines have different Out Of Region charactoristics than NTSC machines and higher compatibility. ReMember that SoftMii is a packaging of utilities/patches. To say that a game is incompatible with SoftMii because you have to launch it with gamma or softchip is absurd. It simply won't launch from Disc Channel, usually because there is no support for your console's video mode in the game.

I would think that after 4 months of backup loading people would stop expecting 100% compatibility. Wasn't compatibility pretty much whipped after CIOSCORP and the #002 fix after all. I have SoftMii, Gamma, and SoftChip installed. 1 out of 208 games doesn't work. In my book that's as close to 100% compatibility as i need.

Also take into consideration...SoftMii is NOT a loader/launcher.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jizmo said:
I would think that after 4 months of backup loading people would stop expecting 100% compatibility. Wasn't compatibility pretty much whipped after CIOSCORP and the #002 fix after all. I have SoftMii, Gamma, and SoftChip installed. 1 out of 208 games doesn't work. In my book that's as close to 100% compatibility as i need.

Which one is not working? A import game or one of your region?

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Jizmo said:

Which one is not working? A import game or one of your region?

Summer Sports 2 i think. Used to be able to get it to run by hitting HOME or something like that before the Strap Screen... but I haven't been able to get it to work lately. Might just be one of the Starfall/Preloader patches interfering but I didn't feel it worth the bother to track it down.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I managed to get Excite Trucks to not work, my retail works but the backup just gets read errors right after the loading text shows up in the butoom right. Everything else works though.

And I'm guessing Jizmo has one unworking game which is like a Japanese game, one of the odd few taht will never work.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
my problem solved. i use wii generic patcher and patch all video mode to ntsc progressive. it seem that certain pal games does not have 480 mode. thats why it cannot load in my hdtv. i use 3.2u with arcmod5.

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
Ok, i guess I'll chime in being one of the testers for CIOSCORP and SoftMii projects.....

The idea of SoftMii game compatibility is a non-issue. It was not meant to completely replace Gamma Channel or Softchip... but rather to make discs playable from disc channel.
Getting things running right this way involved a little more in the way of region/video patching than was expected, even to the point that PAL machines have different Out Of Region charactoristics than NTSC machines and higher compatibility. ReMember that SoftMii is a packaging of utilities/patches. To say that a game is incompatible with SoftMii because you have to launch it with gamma or softchip is absurd. It simply won't launch from Disc Channel, usually because there is no support for your console's video mode in the game.

Also take into consideration...SoftMii is NOT a loader/launcher.

I'm not complaining...the loaders are awsome...wouldnt dream of bitching about any of them...
smile.gif

I just wasnt sure if it was just something i did....or if it was an all around problem...since i saw no one mention a retail copy just thought i would ask...
i tried a clean install of softmii...still having the same issue...gonna borrow my friends copy later on tonight and see if its just my disk....

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well for me only 2 games and we know why don't work:

Deal or no Deal: the banker is back (PAL) it is obviously only for PAL users and the main.dol does not contain NTSC compatible code

PIKMIN (NTSC-J) but using the GWP and forcing the japanese language before burning, makes the game work great...!!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
well for me only 2 games and we know why don't work:

Deal or no Deal: the banker is back (PAL) it is obviously only for PAL users and the main.dol does not contain NTSC compatible code

PIKMIN (NTSC-J) but using the GWP and forcing the japanese language before burning, makes the game work great...!!!
smile.gif

About Deal or no Deal: Does patching the video modes in the main.dol with the GWP work? If not, try my toy with the setting PAL576i -> NTSC 480i, this patches different from the GWP

About PIKMIN: I thought there are more games which really require the japanese language patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill