Votes: 3 17.6%
  • NONE

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
miidowngarde.jpg

So..... i decided to make a thread if you should downgrade to lower firm with @rajkosto guide WITH AUTORCM AND MAYBE CARTRIDGE PORT THAT IS NOT WORKING IF YOU WAS ON 4.0.0 AND UP BEFORE... OR pay a ridiculous amount OF MONEY TO GET another switch in lower firmware. I'm doing this beacuse before i posted a thread which i showed the world my 1.0.0 downgraded switch. BUT.... I GOT LOT'S OF COMMENTS. People told me things like "why you did this??!?! you still need autorcm!" so that's why i decided to make thread for people to see my reasons why you SHOULD ( OR NOT) Downgrade your switch.

SO..... LET'S GET THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM OUT:

IF YOU ARE ON HIGHER FIRM SWITCH, DON'T CARE ABOUT CARTRIDGE GAMES (AND ESHOP) HERE IS REASONS TO DOWNGRADE:

1. MAY HAVE ABILITY IN THE FAR FUTURE TO USE ALL KINDS OF EXPLOITS/SOFT-MODS/COLDBOOT.
2. consider that MAY in THE VERY FAR FUTURE maybe, slim chance but maybe there will be exploits that allow us to: 1. first downgrade 2. install ??? hack 3. upgrade to WHATEVER LATEST FIRM available AND HAVE COLD BOOT + EMUNAND/SYSNAND AND KEEP ??? HACK. AGAIN: SLIM CHANCE! ( AND PROBABLY WILL BE ONLY FOR FIRST GEN SWITCHES)

IF YOU ARE ON HIGHER FIRM SWITCH, CARE ABOUT CARTRIDGE GAMES BUT STILL HOPE TO DOWNGRADE HERE IS SOME HOPE:

1. IN THE VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY FAR FUTURE THERE MIGHT BE AN EXPLOIT (AKA TRUSTZONEHAX BY SCRIESM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-trustzonehax-on-4-x.496799/ ) FOR 4.0.0/4.1.0 SWITCH. SO MY SUGGEST DOWNGRADE TO 4.1.0 ASAP USING @rajkosto WITH AUTORCM OF COURSE AND WAIT PAITENLY FOR A VERY FAR FUTURE TRUSTZONEHAX. THIS IS MIGHT BE YOUR ONLY CHANCE BEFORE PRETENDO INJECTS ANOTHER FIRM UPDATE WHICH WILL AND I REPEAT WILL WILL MAKE YOUR CARTRIDGE PORT UNUSABLE ON LOWER FIRMS. AGAIN FIRST GEN SWOSHES ONLY!

IF YOU ARE ON HIGHER FIRM SWITCH, CARE ABOUT CARTRIDGE GAMES AND ONLINE BY PRETENDO + LATEST GAMES. i have very ... one.... sad suggest for now.

1. BUY ANOTHER SWOSH FOR ONLINE ONLY! REALLY NO OTHER CHOICE.

PRETENDO ONLINE.jpg

IF YOU WANT A jamais vu HACK IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE (and be on stock firm + boot w/o hekate) I HAVE ALSO ONE SUGGEST:

1. BUY another switch on 1.0.0 beacuse this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosph...ased-in-summer-2018-for-all-firmwares.499907/

sorry ik, its hurts wallets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-S...fa:m:ma3mvhNP7AyUQbGQ-bGLVpg&var=413381207041

(some link to random Dude that sells 1.0.0/3.0.0 switches so will have a better idea how much 1.0.0 switch costs!)

SO MAKE YOUR DECISION AND DO MATH!

:yayswitch::yayswitch::yayswitch::yayswitch:

SoLongGayBowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This post gave me a headache. I have a 3.1.0 Switch that I will never connect online or upgrade with ofw, if emunand doesn't happen then I just don't upgrade it. My son has a Switch that will be legit in every way.

Reactions: PeterMount

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- I already know that thread since it shown up... but where\how exactly did you got FW1.0?

2- Can you actually boot it without hekate? what I mean is needing RCM+Jig = pointless ;)

D

Deleted User

OP

Attachments

• memes.jpeg
    memes.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 214
  • downgrade?.jpeg
    downgrade?.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 197
  • no u m8.jpeg
    no u m8.jpeg