So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS4 is my best bet, I can't invest in a console that the games will be useless and lost to history after it's lifecycle ends, it's an insult to emulation buffs, collectors, and archivists and I cannot support companies that limit the consumer as much as Microsoft has done with the Xbox one. The WiiU still is lacking games but is the second option if Sony screws it up as bad as MS (which I doubt).

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that existed :O
When register your deluxe set at the website & buy games for your WiiU you get credits similar to club nintendo points but they do a little but more than club nintendo points they also get you discounts on games. This is similar to what sony is doing with PlayStation Plus but it's open to everyone instead of a certain group.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear...

Yeah, I don't think they will... but the optimism is admirable. :tpi:

New Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros, Retro Studios secret title,Bayonetta 2,Monolith's "X" title,Shin Megami X Fire Emblem,Watch Dogs,SplinterCell,Assassins Creed,Wind Waker HD,All the 3DS stuff we dont know we want yet,Retarded EA and whutever they have Cooking and who knows whut Else Nintendo got for us.......whut more could u want

Love Each and All Equally is whut i say......and XboxOne better have Crackdown 3 :)

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I plan to eventually nab all the systems. At the moment though the current two I don't own don't seem very snazzy. The Xbox one having no games shown makes it the least appealing. While the PS4 has a new infamous, knack looks like it will be fun, but outside of those nothing else. Even the wii u doesn't have much running for it, but it does have wonderful 101, bayonetta 2, and at least lots of stuff to look forward to. It probably comes from how early the wii u came out though. I'm sure every console will have something that nags at me to get it, but price, and content matter the most. God help me if the games are 100$ a pop like amazon predicts, and the consoles are like 700$.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Though I love a PC I am a console gamer/collector so I own a Wii U already and I choose the Xbox One over the PS4. They will be very very similar and the Xbox One will come with better exclusives and way more features, so why not?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'll take the one that i can buy used for ~100€ with 10 games and two controllers in five to eight years.
thats also how i got my 360

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think I'll stay with my PC yet again. That way I don't have to pay for a TV, console and console games of which the latter I find to be extremely overpriced.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
To be fair even the "Deluxe" memory is absolutely fucking atrocious. In January I got a PS3 for $300 with 250GB and like 5 games included.

I mean it's nice they have no cap on external hard drives but you're still gonna invest a couple bucks towards that.
Whether they made the right decision not including a HDD is debatable. I haven't decided yet. I actually made a poll about it recently.

Their reasoning was that, because hard drives are constantly decreasing in price, it would be better for the consumer to just include a bit of flash memory and add support for USB HDD's. That way they could keep the price down and not have the included HDD considered a rip-off in a couple of years.

Flood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't asking for one, at all. I was supporting chavosaur. It's common sense, when someone comes up with some news, they need to include a source to their link. Or outdoors. For an example, Rob Ford has been accused for smoking crack, and he remains mum about it. CP24 spoke about it.
Oh I agree with you completely. Even if its the top headline of all major newspapers you should still include a link to a source. But since you were supporting chavosaur I thought you might be interested in the source as well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether they made the right decision not including a HDD is debatable. I haven't decided yet. I actually made a poll about it recently.

Their reasoning was that, because hard drives are constantly decreasing in price, it would be better for the consumer to just include a bit of flash memory and add support for USB HDD's. That way they could keep the price down and not have the included HDD considered a rip-off in a couple of years.

Still if it's constantly decreasing, why not just include one for the console? The $50 difference in PS3s is the difference between a 250GB hard drive and a 500GB hard drive. 32GB is an absolutely terrible decision considering how "digital friendly" the console supposedly is. I mean games can reach theoretically 50GB in size (dual layer "proprietary Nintendo medium") and when your native hard drive can't even support a single one of those (hell it would struggle supporting a single full sized 25GB game with all the system updates and what not) then you have a huge issue on your hands.

I mean you pay $350 for the deluxe system and what, $50-$100 for a hard drive because odds are you'll need one if you actually want to have digital software in any reasonable manner?

It's just a really unwise decision to go "Look we're not the Wii! We're digital friendly!" and then slap you with a hard drive that's incredibly behind the times.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Still if it's constantly decreasing, why not just include one for the console? The $50 difference in PS3s is the difference between a 250GB hard drive and a 500GB hard drive. 32GB is an absolutely terrible decision considering how "digital friendly" the console supposedly is. I mean games can reach theoretically 50GB in size (dual layer "proprietary Nintendo medium") and when your native hard drive can't even support a single one of those (hell it would struggle supporting a single full sized 25GB game with all the system updates and what not) then you have a huge issue on your hands.

I mean you pay $350 for the deluxe system and what, $50-$100 for a hard drive because odds are you'll need one if you actually want to have digital software in any reasonable manner?

It's just a really unwise decision to go "Look we're not the Wii! We're digital friendly!" and then slap you with a hard drive that's incredibly behind the times.
I agree. At the very least, they should've made the hard drive removable, and sell larger hard drives for it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps4 and Wii U (Even, thought I dont have Wii U right now since there is no 3rd party supporting fully just yet.. I will wait a little bit longer)

No hurry for PS4 either. However, they looks nice rather than Xbox one. :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I think in a little while, the Wii U will pick up steam and start getting good. It just needs to some good exclusives. This whole entire last gen, I never wanted a PS3, but now, Sony has caught my attention with the PS4. I hope they can keep going with the good stuff at E3. The Xbox One is Xboned. That is all.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I like some of the extras the systems offer but it seems that its all about media over games anymore, especially with the XboxONE. As a collector/gamer I know one day video games are going to cloud and there will be no way to own a physical and I hate the thought of that because cloud you are just renting and never actually own what you pay for. Anyways I see too much of the same between the PS4 & XboxONE, hardware is close in some ways, graphics are going to look the same whether one is more powerful than the other or not because of the lazy developers now days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many