So umm, any Homebrew/Emulator Progress?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ObeSeeker, Sep 9, 2016.

1. ObeSeeker
    OP

ObeSeeker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    United States
    Seriously, anything at all will do it for me at this point.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
  3. ObeSeeker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    United States
    I omitted the word "new" from the title by mistake.

4. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Oh, well if you refer to the leak of new vpks in my list (that one linked by xtheman) I have to admit that I hadn't enough time for it in the last 1-2 weeks for updateing it.
    I'm well aware that I have a duty to update it or at least to tell that the update process was/is slowed down for the moment since there are people relaying on it and because of my statement in my signature.
    Please excuss this :)
    There where e.g. a new game (port) JellyCar and a new interpreter ScummVM in this time (if you need a quick fix ;))
    I will update the list this weekend (include everything I missed over the course of the last 1-2 weeks).
    Don't worry about the homebrew scene, I heard of some nice homebrew in development right now (including homebrew that will make programming Vita homebrew faster and more accessible for newcomers to Vita programming and veteran programmers alike, maybe you will try to make a homebrew yourself then ;))

Last edited by VitaType, Sep 10, 2016
    ObeSeeker likes this.
  5. ObeSeeker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    United States
    Woah sorry for the late reply. & thanks for even replying. Thanks for taking the time to make the list in the first place. What i really wanted was information really. Thanks for giving it.

6. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Scene is actually silent for the past 1 and a half wks, people seem to be satisfied with just plain piracy.

ObeSeeker likes this.
  7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Pretty much that.
    Such a shame :c
    Then again, developing good homebrews take time.

ObeSeeker likes this.
  8. wolven9

wolven9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    The end of the world
    Yeah people ate me up about a month ago when I said I hoped that they wouldn't release any piracy tools for a good long while. Homebrew is far more valuable to me because you are creating something that wasn't there to begin with. Games have been there the whole time, you just gotta go buy them haha

ObeSeeker likes this.
  9. ObeSeeker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    United States
    Yeah its just the same old vita games. I'm guessing and hoping devs are just waiting for this to die down.

True maybe im just impatient, But to see every single thing get completely drown out because of one thing is super weird.

10. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Not too sure on the homebrew side but for the emulator side, nope. Its pretty much like 3ds scene where its retroarch or nothing. There are other older emulators but those were just ported from rejuvenate to henkaku.

11. ObeSeeker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    United States
    That is what I've feared. I think in around a year things will pick up. However, that is based on very little.
    I guess if you really want something done you have to do it yourself. Tbh that luaplayer stuff sounds interesting but iirc its not completed.

12. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    I've been using retroarch a lot. The nightlies are pretty good.

Dicing Knight now works perfectly for wonderswan color.

13. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    If you're interested in homebrews just go on Wololo's forum. GBATemp = r/VitaPiracy forum.

leerz and Joel16 like this.
  14. lbruckus562

lbruckus562 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    United States
    I've been satisfied with cps1, cps2, neo geo and mame with fbalpha. Haven't looked into piracy at all. Haven't messed with retroarch on a 3ds but I would imagine it wouldn't look nearly as good as on the vita with OLED and much better resolution.

15. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    "Satisfied" is overstating things for me. I'm happy to have these games on my Vita and PSTV, but I won't be satisfied until Neo-Geo games have configurable controls, the way NES games do. I've been told that RetroArch uses the default Neo-Geo settings, but there are all different kinds of games for the system, and being able to customize and save control schemes on a game-by-game basis would be hugely helpful and greatly appreciated. However, the developers seem rather insistent on not doing this, so I may have to accept things as they are.

16. lbruckus562

lbruckus562 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    United States
    Pretty sure you can configure controls and save different overrides for each game. Sorry to hear you aren't satisfied with it. It's my first time messing with retroarch but to me there seems to be a ton of options available in the menus.

17. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    shame it has never worked for me...