Hacking So umm, any Homebrew/Emulator Progress?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I omitted the word "new" from the title by mistake.
Oh, well if you refer to the leak of new vpks in my list (that one linked by xtheman) I have to admit that I hadn't enough time for it in the last 1-2 weeks for updateing it.
I'm well aware that I have a duty to update it or at least to tell that the update process was/is slowed down for the moment since there are people relaying on it and because of my statement in my signature.
Please excuss this :)
There where e.g. a new game (port) JellyCar and a new interpreter ScummVM in this time (if you need a quick fix ;))
I will update the list this weekend (include everything I missed over the course of the last 1-2 weeks).
Don't worry about the homebrew scene, I heard of some nice homebrew in development right now (including homebrew that will make programming Vita homebrew faster and more accessible for newcomers to Vita programming and veteran programmers alike, maybe you will try to make a homebrew yourself then ;))

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: ObeSeeker

ObeSeeker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah sorry for the late reply. & thanks for even replying. Thanks for taking the time to make the list in the first place. What i really wanted was information really. Thanks for giving it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Scene is actually silent for the past 1 and a half wks, people seem to be satisfied with just plain piracy.

Pretty much that.
Such a shame :c
Then again, developing good homebrews take time.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much that.
Yeah people ate me up about a month ago when I said I hoped that they wouldn't release any piracy tools for a good long while. Homebrew is far more valuable to me because you are creating something that wasn't there to begin with. Games have been there the whole time, you just gotta go buy them haha

ObeSeeker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scene is actually silent for the past 1 and a half wks, people seem to be satisfied with just plain piracy.
Yeah its just the same old vita games. I'm guessing and hoping devs are just waiting for this to die down.

Pretty much that.

True maybe im just impatient, But to see every single thing get completely drown out because of one thing is super weird.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too sure on the homebrew side but for the emulator side, nope. Its pretty much like 3ds scene where its retroarch or nothing. There are other older emulators but those were just ported from rejuvenate to henkaku.

ObeSeeker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too sure on the homebrew side but for the emulator side, nope. Its pretty much like 3ds scene where its retroarch or nothing. There are other older emulators but those were just ported from rejuvenate to henkaku.

That is what I've feared. I think in around a year things will pick up. However, that is based on very little.
I guess if you really want something done you have to do it yourself. Tbh that luaplayer stuff sounds interesting but iirc its not completed.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using retroarch a lot. The nightlies are pretty good.

Dicing Knight now works perfectly for wonderswan color.

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been satisfied with cps1, cps2, neo geo and mame with fbalpha. Haven't looked into piracy at all. Haven't messed with retroarch on a 3ds but I would imagine it wouldn't look nearly as good as on the vita with OLED and much better resolution.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Satisfied" is overstating things for me. I'm happy to have these games on my Vita and PSTV, but I won't be satisfied until Neo-Geo games have configurable controls, the way NES games do. I've been told that RetroArch uses the default Neo-Geo settings, but there are all different kinds of games for the system, and being able to customize and save control schemes on a game-by-game basis would be hugely helpful and greatly appreciated. However, the developers seem rather insistent on not doing this, so I may have to accept things as they are.

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you can configure controls and save different overrides for each game. Sorry to hear you aren't satisfied with it. It's my first time messing with retroarch but to me there seems to be a ton of options available in the menus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father