Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Njrg said:
artrite said:
They need to improve them all.
So you're saying they "Gotta Improve'em All!"?
Get it?!
smileipb2.png

Haha I get it
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(SonicraX @ Sep 1 2009, 03:03 PM)
So there's already a review of this game... 37/40: Pretty damn good. I've been looking forward to HG/SS since all the speculation about G/S remakes started.

Since review copies have already been put forward, perhaps there's the small chance that the game(s) might get "released" a few days ahead of schedule? xD

Well, it'll literally come out in a week in Japan. I bet within a day you'll get a translation patch for the menus, even less (because the game is so easy to translate, hacking wise). If people are really too eager to wait until Spring for the English versions, you could see a full translation in a bit.

I doubt that because it wasn't happening with Platinum..

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ All the haters:

You all say how boring, monotonous and samey pokemon games have got and hate how the fans and players of pokemon games defend them.

It is YOU who are boring, monotonous and samey so if you haven't got just a tiny gap in your mind to think maybe you just don't like the games, maybe you should just play something else and not spend your nights commenting on every thread, review and video about how old pokemon is. So please, STFU!
dry.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
I doubt that because it wasn't happening with Platinum..

Yet again they didn't have the hacking tools. HeartGold/Soul Silver has the same structure and engine as Platinum, meaning (in theory) thenewpoketext should work. And with that, one guy whose fluent in Japanese and English with minimal to no hacking knowledge can translate it.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Famitsu, like any other reviewer of video games, a medium focusing on interactive entertainment, can go be unimportant somewhere else. Seeing as how four people's subjective opinion expressed in numbers is held in such high esteem, I am once again forced to face the inevitable fact that some people are secretly knuckledragging mouthbreathers. It's okay. You can't help it.

Pokemon is 10% innovation, 90% rehashing. This being a remake of Generation 2, and not a new generation, rehashing may rise to 96%.
Pokemon Knights may now start calling me a pokemon hater. Congratulations on defending one of the most well-selling videogame franchises ever from any sort of slanderous opinion, especially on the internet. Step up to the throne to receive thy medal.

I actually liked Ranger. Bwuuuut children going to academies to learn how to handle dangerous animals? WHY THAT'S BULLSHIT. TEN YEAR OLDS BEING SENT INTO THE WORLD WILLY NILLY TO BE THE CHAMPION (of... what?) IS MUCH BETTAOR!1! WHO WANTS TO DRAW LOOPZ AROUND POKEMAN LOL THAT'S BULLSHIT.
Written in caps lock solely to provoke. You know who you are.

I loved G/S/C. Still do. Probably always will. But I don't care about the DS remakes. There's just this tiresome itch whenever someone feels that "FAMITSU GAVE [GAME] A [number]/40, DISSSSSCUUUUUUUUUUSSSS!!!!!!" is something normal to talk about, something capable of spawning intelligent, or at least intelligent up untill the point where it is not offensively stupid, conversation.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Wooh, 37 out of 40? Thats a pretty good score! I have never played the original G/S games, but people are saying its awesome. So the score is definitely justified for me. Can't wait.

And well, I personally think every single franchise with more than one game in the colelction is repititive. RPGs like FF and DQ, FPS, Strategy games. All sequels are just repitions of the first in some way or another. But it is because it is the same good formula that the games are fun.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
While I think Famitsu score's are not really reliable, I absolutely loved the original G/S games. New Pokemon were lovable and imaginative, the game had a great storyline and tons of cool functions (a phone, an internal clock, breeding, to name just a few). Ruby and Sapphire were a huge step backwards and really awful games. No Time Capsule, no internal clock, ugly new Pokemon, laughable villains. I never finished either. Now D/P got it right again. They're not as good as G/S, but hey, as long as they're fun and enjoyable.

Can't wait till HG/SS.

Asterisk614

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to play pokemon all the time until they started coming out with 2 many pokemon to remember. Tha names started getting stupid and the new pokemon look like diseased animals from the homeless shelter. Pokemon was a great game when i was a child but times changed and now there just stupid. At least the legend Of zelda was a classic. Ever game they came out with was highly expected and delivered great gameplay one way or another.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
Wooh, 37 out of 40? Thats a pretty good score! I have never played the original G/S games, but people are saying its awesome. So the score is definitely justified for me. Can't wait.

And well, I personally think every single franchise with more than one game in the colelction is repititive. RPGs like FF and DQ, FPS, Strategy games. All sequels are just repitions of the first in some way or another. But it is because it is the same good formula that the games are fun.

I'm pretty sure that's classified as a war crime. Go download a ROM of it, boot up your emulator, and give it a run. Even after so many years the game still holds up remarkably well.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
psycoblaster said:
thoughts: overrated
comments: overrated
concerns: overrated

Yes and you can judge this because you have played the Remakes months ago, right?
That was a ridiculous post. How can you judge about a game that you haven't ever played. ?!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure an opinion on a simple remake if you've played the original is sort of within the lines of being ok. There are some improvements of course, but the core game is intact I'm sure.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a good score but since most Famitsu scores has been nothing but fanboy induced fail it could have been worse.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Zerrix said:
psycoblaster said:

Yes and you can judge this because you have played the Remakes months ago, right?
That was a ridiculous post. How can you judge about a game that you haven't ever played. ?!
He played it before...

Remember? It was called Platinum.

Oh wait! It was Diamond.

Or it could of been Pearl.

Well call it what you want, he definitely played it before if he thinks its overrated.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
didn't have GBA when i was in school so didn't get to play pokemon

when i own a DS... i don't have the time for platinum
smile.gif

this time around i will make an effort to see what is so great about this remake
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
artrite said:
Havent played it yet however it looks ok. But all pokemon games are old and boring now.

They need to improve them all.
That's what this is. An improvment of Gold and Silver.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
^^Don't forget golden sun:)

who doesn't like golden sun?

and why are people not saying this (HATE) about it ?

Because Golden Sun isn't the second highest selling video game franchise of all time. And Golden Sun didn't have a Golden Sunmania. And Golden Sun doesn't appeal to both hardcore and kiddie gamers.

Most of the hate mail here is probably just people who want to piss in the pot of Pokemon fans (I got mad rhyming skillz!). They probably actually play Pokemon but think it's too childish so they instead go around bashing it. Either that or they've never played it and think it looks stupid for all it's kids appeal and the bad aura surrounding it from the Pokemania days.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt it. I tried really hard to get into pokemon a few times because people kept getting hyped up about it and I figured I was missing something. But no, the game is so god damned stupid. The story is nonsense, the dialogue is terrible, the combat is so incredibly basic and bland. The only thing I could possibly see in pokemon as being addictive would be the monster collecting mechanic, which is the sort of thing I used to imagine people growing out of in middle school.

But if you like it, you like it. Nothing wrong with that. I just think it's epically stupid.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Dwight said:
psycoblaster said:
Hey bro have you played it yet?
Yeah I didn't think so.
Hey bro have you played a pokemon game before?
Its all the same remade-crap from what was a good game in 1998.

Call it Pokemon emerald, Diamond, platinum, gold, whatever precious metal or stone you can think of, its all THE SAME GAME. Even the BGM's have remained the same basic themes after 12 years.

Pokemon has been remade to crap nearly 15 times.

Its worst than Megaman. Atleast with megaman you get neat weapons and catchy background music.
Pokemon usually has some pretty radical changes. The only generation that had the least amount of contributions was R/S/E. By your logic, you could say the same thing about Final Fantasy, or even Zelda. My point is that you shouldn't say that a game is overrated before you've actually played it. G/S/C was my (and many other peoples) favorite generation and I am very excited to see it remade with all the new features that were added in D/P/P.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Njrg said:
Zerrix said:
psycoblaster said:

He played it before...

Remember? It was called Platinum.

Oh wait! It was Diamond.

Or it could of been Pearl.

Well call it what you want, he definitely played it before if he thinks its overrated.

I don't understand why the hate for Pokemon games.... Seriously Pokemon haters really need to STOP and THINK about what they are saying. Okay, now to explain my logic. Pokemon games have innovated quite a bit over the years, albeit the core game remains the same. The story changes, the graphics definitely get an upgrade, the only thing that remains the same is the gameplay. Okay now let's look at another series... Say Final Fantasy, let's start with the first few, all turn based, practically the same game, world map, yea it gets a story change, updated graphics, but hell ITS THE SAME GAME. LETS ALL GO BASH THE FIRST FEW FINAL FANTASY GAMES! Not a good enough example for you? Howabout Harvest Moon, Warcraft, Super Mario Brothers, hell practically ANY franchise keeps the core game the same and updates around it. Why the hell is Pokemon the only one that gets bashed repeatedly for this?
I don't know why you think I'm a pokemon hater, or why you insist on the word "innovation". :/
Innovation means that a change that was so big, changes the game, or how you play the game, ect...
Innovation is no more than the word revolution. Do you honestly think any of the gimmicky additions over the last 10 years has changed Pokemon so much that it drastically changes how we play Pokemon? If you do, you're a fool. You can take out all the additions from the last 10 years and it will still sell a million + copies. The "story" does NOT change. It doesn't change at all. It takes from past games, and then changes names and a map, thats it. Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactice, call it whatever you want, its still the same evil orginization snatching and using pokemon for their own gain. Final Fantasy on the other hand gets a different battle system each game. You might think its just "Attack Magic Item" but theres always a seperate Level and ability system. Beetween each game you get a different story, different character progression, different style, different music, different battle system, different emotional expierience, the list goes on. Whens the last time you read a comment about some n3rd "crying" over the storyline in any Pokemon game because it emotionally touched them?
Final Fantasy games have gotten better and more intense over age. Pokemon has been out for 12 years. And look how far it is from the first game. :/

Apply the same timeline starting from Final Fantasy 8, and final fantasy 8 is MILES ahead of final fantasy 1, and final fantasy 8 isn't even considered the best in the series by most. :/

And if you want to bring in Super Mario Bros, then lets. Lets start with Donkey Kong, Remember when Mario (Jump Man) only had to jump from barrels and climb latters? Remember how 2 years from then you got Atari's Classic Mario Bros? Which was noting like Donkey Kong, it was a 2 player battle royale. Then remember how his next game was Super Mario Bros, a 2D side scrolling adventure? Remember Super Mario Bros 3? Remember how it evolved from side scrolling left to right to flying mechanics in search of hidden secrets? Remember Super Mario World? Super Mario RPG? Mario 64? Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy? Mario is constantly reinventing himself. Out of the 10 Original games featuring Mario, only four of them has used the Left-to-right sidescrolling mechanic everyone seems to associate Mario With The 4th side scrolling mario game New Super Mario Bros was an omage to the other 3 that made the franchise the power hitter it is today. It was well over 10+ years from Mario World to NSMB with completely different marios filling up that gap.

As for Harvest Moon, my only argument is Rune Factory.

Never played warcraft... so you may have a point there...

And the reason Pokemon gets bashed for repeating itself because its probably the biggest offender. Its not Pokemon's fault. Its Gamefreak's. Pokemon can't help it that its being shamelessly exploited with minimal effort and resistance to change. If all of Mario's games were the same 2D platformers, then I'd be bitching about mario too, but thats hardly the case.

But I'm done with Pokemon threads for awile... All you pokenuts are so quick to defend a brand name filled with mediocrity. I don't see whats so hard to admit that Pokemon is the same recycled shit just like so many other franchise gamers know and love.

I love Pokemon, MegaMan, Unatural Thinkable Law, Gran Turismo, and any other game or franchise guilty of lazy developing, but atleast I have the decency to admit it instead of getting all super-fanboy defensive about it. Its not a bad thing to criticize the very games you love, you know. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.