So Pokemon HG/SS Got a 37/40 in Famitsu

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rock Raiyu, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2009
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States

2. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    thoughts: overrated
    comments: overrated
    concerns: overrated

3. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    Hey bro have you played it yet?
    Yeah I didn't think so.

4. artrite

Banned artrite Banned

United States
    Havent played it yet however it looks ok. But all pokemon games are old and boring now.

They need to improve them all.

5. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    WOAH, was not expecting this. Didn't platinum get like 36? I'll be really happy if this game is worth a 37.

6. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Famitsu ratings suck and don't mean shit.
    They even gave Pokemon Battle Revolution a 35/40...

7. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    As it should.

It's even better than the original...

8. akuchan

Member akuchan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    same old same old gameplay, but i'll get it for my 5 yr old brother to play..

9. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    I think it's a good score because, for me, It's a wave of Nostalgia coming at me. [​IMG]

10. Isabelyes

Member Isabelyes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    no matter how many times they release the same game over and over again, there, frankly,
    is no denying the depth (and awesomness) of this game

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Sheesh. I like Pokemon games a lot but I can admit that the home console games suck. Hell, 90% of non-traditional Pokemon games suck. The only non-traditional Pokemon game that's good is the Trading Card Game for the GBC, and maybe the Planet Puzzle League clones and Pinball.

Famitsu does have some shitty ratings. I mean, yet again, this is coming from the eyes of your average American (no pun intended), not some Japanese cosplayer in Shibuya. I mean, they gave Nintendogs a 40/40, they gave Wind Waker a 40/40 (which while good, is no where near as good as Twilight Princess), and they gave Phantom Hourglass a 39/40 (which was basically Zelda with not-nearly-as-good-as-D-Pad controls, a shitty storyline, and the fucking Temple thing you have to go through 4,000 times). I mean, out of their top 10 games of all time, 8 out of the 10 were RPG's, 4 of them were Final Fantasy games, 3 of them were Dragon Quest games, and Ocarina of Time only squeaked in at 10th place. Thanks, Wikipedia.

It's a fair score. It's still incredibly high, higher than most games, and for a game formula that is 13 years old (with only slight changes), it's still a testament to how good Pokemon is.

12. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i usually have a pokemon game on my r4, but sadly it never gets booted, just too many hours to invest in catching them all especially when i have built in cheat functions. i got em all dick don't tell me what i gotta do

13. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Hey bro have you played a pokemon game before?
    Its all the same remade-crap from what was a good game in 1998.

Call it Pokemon emerald, Diamond, platinum, gold, whatever precious metal or stone you can think of, its all THE SAME GAME. Even the BGM's have remained the same basic themes after 12 years.

Pokemon has been remade to crap nearly 15 times.

Its worst than Megaman. Atleast with megaman you get neat weapons and catchy background music.

14. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    So you're saying they "Gotta Improve'em All!"?
    Get it?! [​IMG]

15. Guild McCommunist

United States
    /sigh, another Pokemon hater.

If you're saying Gold and Silver are "bad remakes" of Red and Blue, you're just fucking stupid. Gold and Silver are probably the best Pokemon games ever.

Pokemon has been remade to "crap" by some of the terrible spinoffs, like Mystery Dungeon and Ranger, but the RPGs are still strong.

The difference between Megaman Battle Network or whatever it is and Pokemon games is that Pokemon had a lot better formula than Megaman to begin with. Megaman games got old after they made probably the third one, Pokemon still isn't old, albeit a tad tired. Also, Pokemon doesn't rely on fanboys. Sure, it has a dedicated fanbase, but people buy them/play them because they're actually good games. I mean, there's no flashy anime cutscenes, no really deep storyline, no character development. It's pure, raw gaming. And it tastes goooood....

Also, Pokemon Red and Blue were released in '96 in Japan. Yay Wikipedia!

16. Silent Storm

Member Silent Storm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah, ok Pokemon is worst Megaman, then explain to me why it sells so well?

Maybe because with each game/generation they add new Pokemon, new music, new items, new gym leaders/E4, new abilities, more minigames, lets not forget competitive wifi play. Pokemon games are simple, you catch pokemon and battle with them, get all the badges and thats it, after you complete the game you have to option of trading your pokemon for better ones, battling to see whose is better, you can play minigames, build secret bases.

17. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    wait till review magazines whom are good give out their review i think hg/ss will end up a notch higher than platinum [n]gamer gave plat an 8.5 i think hg/ss will be a 9

18. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    I'm just glad this has Johto and Kanto in it, hopefully the Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh won't ruin the game much. All I really wanted was just a simple remake.

19. SonicRax

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    So there's already a review of this game... 37/40: Pretty damn good. I've been looking forward to HG/SS since all the speculation about G/S remakes started.

Since review copies have already been put forward, perhaps there's the small chance that the game(s) might get "released" a few days ahead of schedule? xD

20. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well, it'll literally come out in a week in Japan. I bet within a day you'll get a translation patch for the menus, even less (because the game is so easy to translate, hacking wise). If people are really too eager to wait until Spring for the English versions, you could see a full translation in a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.