Gaming So...my laptop won't start-up.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what happened. My computer just upped and turned off about 4 hours ago while I was playing a game. I didn't think nothing of it at first but then I realized it kept restarting for some reason. I turned it off thinking maybe if I left it off, it would start-up right next time but it still had the same issue. It would load up, windows 7 logo and then it would turn blue for a second with a message and then restart again. So I loaded up the Windows 7 disc (yes, I have Windows 7 installed) to see if the start-up recovery would work but it didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what is wrong with it. I've had it installed for 2-3 weeks now and I've had Windows 7 beta installed on it before and it's never had this problem before. Last thing I installed was Total Video Converter but I uninstalled that. The only thing that I can think of that may have done it is the new wireless mouse I just bought (Logitech, if that makes a difference.) So can anyone help me out with my situation? Thanks.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
A blue screen... with a message? Honestly that could be anything. Try booting into Linux with a boot disk and see if it gives you a problem, but I'm leaning towards a hardware issue.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
A blue screen... with a message? Honestly that could be anything. Try booting into Linux with a boot disk and see if it gives you a problem, but I'm leaning towards a hardware issue.
I don't have Linux unfortunately. And hopefully it is not a hardware issue cause then I'd have to send it in but I need it cause my paper is on there and some other school work I got to turn in next week...

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Law said:
I don't have Linux unfortunately. And hopefully it is not a hardware issue cause then I'd have to send it in but I need it cause my paper is on there and some other school work I got to turn in next week...

What are you using to browse the internet now? Just go download a linux mint bootdisk, burn it to a CD, boot from CD in the laptop. if Linux boots fine and stays fine without restarting, it's a windows issue. Plus whilst in linux you should be able to browse your hard drives, at which point you can just get your school work off of there by transferring it onto a USB stick.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Law said:

What are you using to browse the internet now? Just go download a linux mint bootdisk, burn it to a CD, boot from CD in the laptop. if Linux boots fine and stays fine without restarting, it's a windows issue. Plus whilst in linux you should be able to browse your hard drives, at which point you can just get your school work off of there by transferring it onto a USB stick.
Well I'm downloading it now...hopefully I can retrieve it and some other stuff then I'll reinstall Windows 7.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Law said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Law said:

Well I'm downloading it now...hopefully I can retrieve it and some other stuff then I'll reinstall Windows 7.

Assuming it's not a hardware problem, but let's hope for the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-