Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! In my possession are two DS's, both messed up because of intensive use. Here are the problems

DS1
Broken top screen LCD
Faulty touch screen (LCD is fine)
DS2
Bad top screen ribbon (I believe...) - LCD starts with white screen, but can be forced into a high contrast state. Once stayed perfect
Broken Hinge, the cause of the bad ribbon.

I plan to move the top screen from DS2 into DS1 first, opening only the top screen.. If all goes well, there will be some non-touch screen gaming before the next part. RIP TWEWY

Masterchamber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
happy birthday!!!!!!
yaypsp.gif

Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Just thought i'd tell you guys that I successfully transplanted the top lcd from DS2 to DS1. As I suspected, the ribbon was out on #2, so it went in smoothly on DS1.

Now all I have to do is switch the touch screen, but I'd need to get a Tri Wing for that >_>. I tried a Torx 5 (The smallest available to me), and it didn't go well...

It's awesome having a DS with working hinges and screens XD Does anyone know where I can find an EZFlash for the original ds?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these DS Lites?

That's the reason I don't switch from my DS Phat. The Phat is built like a tank. I swear, I could probably stop a bullet with that thing, turn it on, and play New Super Mario Bros. for 3 hours.

Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
No, they are the original DS's. I like the bigger size! I can also agree with you on their durability as well. The only reason the hinge broke was because my younger sister got angry at me and decided to throw the DS at me. She missed and hit the floor. TBH, when I saw the damage, I was both angry and astonished -- It worked, but it had a broken hinge >:O.

Bishopk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some stuff pretty similar with my DSLite(s). I'd tell you to be careful about not breaking the power switch, like I've done twice, but that's not possible on the original.

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any possibility that the OP might be willing to sell the leftover motherboard cheap? I've got a neighbor's DSL here that I'd like to revive for him.

[Oops... never mind, I just noticed that the OP is talking about Phats. Although if anyone has a spare DSL motherboard... :-)]

Thanks...
John

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o