Hacking So I want to play online...

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was launching homebrew long before emunand was an option. I'm pretty sure I got banned during the last ban wave and just hadn't been online to see. That's all I'm saying. I played online with CFW all the time before that and I was thinking i was good. But we know better now. What are we going to know in a few more months? You only think your safe right now. Just wait
Tell us how much we have to wait then? Because I've been online for 5 months and some people here have been online since SX d1.
You guys needs to stop with this misinformation, it's your fault here you got banned because you played online using SX and I bet not even with proper patched games. What did you expect?

ian2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm dumping all my retail games to my micro sd card now then I'm gonna sell them, i'm not gonna bother with the online anymore, seems too much hassle having to restore clean nands just to play online and even doing that isn't 100% ban proof.

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell us how much we have to wait then? Because I've been online for 5 months and some people here have been online since SX d1.
You guys needs to stop with this misinformation, it's your fault here you got banned because you played online using SX and I bet not even with proper patched games. What did you expect?
I expected to be banned. I didnt care. No need to get hostile. I'm just predicting all you people thinking that your safe will be eventually banned.

BIGdoubleD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there has and will always be a chance to get banned with cfw whether you're in airplane mode while using SX OS or not, they are able to detect that you have been using it that is why it is always recommended with any cfw for any system to not go online ever.

Last edited by BIGdoubleD,

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Splatoon and Mario Kart have good online

Bullshit horseshit donkeyshit. Splatoon has dc’s every single session. In 1 hour of playing, you’ll come across at least 5, up to 10. Even when no one gets disconnected, lags like hell. Blocking and reporting doesn’t work. Can’t even send messages. It’s embarrasibgly outdated. They should be sued for charging people $30 AUD/$20 USD a year for this.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bullshit horseshit donkeyshit. Splatoon has dc’s every single session. In 1 hour of playing, you’ll come across at least 5, up to 10. Even when no one gets disconnected, lags like hell. Blocking and reporting doesn’t work. Can’t even send messages. It’s embarrasibgly outdated. They should be sued for charging people $30 AUD/$20 USD a year for this.

Just because your having these issues, your opinion does not reflect of others, it's unfortunate that you are having internet issues with these games in general. I have two Switches in my home, both my kids play Splatoons 2 hours on end, no lag, no dc's, they are having a ball. Rather than complain to Nintendo about your issues, I would start at your home internet connection first then your ISP.

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Just because your having these issues

I’m not the one getting dc... I will get dc like once a month, other people get dc 5-10 times per hour as I said. It’s just a shit p2p system that is notorious for dc’s.

both my kids play Splatoons 2 hours on end

No offence, but kids wouldn’t know wtf lag is. Hell, they wouldn’t even realise the player who gets 0p at the end of the game is the one who dc’d. Stop trying to defend a piece of shit online system. There are literally 100’s of memes that mock Nintendo’s pathetic online, dunno why you’re volunteering to defend it, except that you feel like a goose for paying for it and trynna justify that it’s satisfactory.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm currently running 6.2 FW, I have used an SX pro and have auto RCM enabled and backed up my nand. only software i installed was a retroarch NSP which i have now deleted, no pirated games on my sd card except for a backup i made of my mario kart 8.

I'm not banned yet because i just accessed the e-shop with no problems so can i just disable auto rcm and play my retail games online as if i never hacked my switch?
You broke the TOS, unfortunately, if you care about online, you shouldn't had hacked it in first place

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds like you're the one with connection issues. I do experience some disconnects in Splatoon, but they are extremely rare, and usually happen at the start of a match so it's no big deal.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’m not the one getting dc... I will get dc like once a month, other people get dc 5-10 times per hour as I said. It’s just a shit p2p system that is notorious for dc’s.

No offence, but kids wouldn’t know wtf lag is. Hell, they wouldn’t even realise the player who gets 0p at the end of the game is the one who dc’d. Stop trying to defend a piece of shit online system. There are literally 100’s of memes that mock Nintendo’s pathetic online, dunno why you’re volunteering to defend it, except that you feel like a goose for paying for it and trynna justify that it’s satisfactory.

I paid for the service and it works, I play these games online with my kids, it works, end of story.

If these online issues are keeping you up at night and your loosing sleep over it, thats your problem.

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because your having these issues, your opinion does not reflect of others, it's unfortunate that you are having internet issues with these games in general. I have two Switches in my home, both my kids play Splatoons 2 hours on end, no lag, no dc's, they are having a ball. Rather than complain to Nintendo about your issues, I would start at your home internet connection first then your ISP.
Actually, disconnecting is a notorious issue in Splatoon 2. The community hates it. Delve deep enough into the community, and you'll see how frequently it happens. He's right about the disconnects.

Reactions: wizra

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, disconnecting is a notorious issue in Splatoon 2. The community hates it. Delve deep enough into the community, and you'll see how frequently it happens. He's right about the disconnects.

If that's that case then I'll go read more about it, its a real shame these services are crippled by these issues.

cwiggy78

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You said you installed RetroArch NSP but deleted it before you went online? That's a red flag right there, if your not banned yet, expect one pretty much soon, not all cases are the same so some will be banned sooner while others much later, even playing XCI files gets you banned like one of the members who replied here. Just too risky to be playing backups, installing NSP's then going online even if deleting NSP installed games.

Since you weren't using EmuNAND and just SXOS CFW, what you should have done before you went online is to restore your clean NAND backup, just deleting RetroArch wont remove all traces that this was ever installed.

Using SXOS, the ideal solution would be, restore your clean NAND backup then create EmuNAND as hidden partition (alternative is EmuNAND as files on SD CARD).

OFW: Use this as your legit game cart playing, eShop and other legal stuff.
EmuNAND: Use this for all your backup games, nsp installs, and homebrew stuff and STAY OFFLINE.

I have the above setup and not banned, I could get banned by I think my chances are pretty low, as far as OFW is concerned, it doesn't know I have EmuNAND. But any method is not 100% proof.

If your using homebrew stuff, it's recommended to have your SD CARD as FAT32 as using exFAT can corrupt your SD CARD, from what I've read, this only affects for those messing around with homebrew, however playing XCI and installing game NSP doesn't seem to corrupt cards that are exFAT, but anything is possible, but exFAT seems to be the most common file format that causes card corruption. If you have EmuNAND as hidden partition and your card gets corrupted, only the active partition is corrupted, simply just reformat the SD CARD again and start over, your hidden EmuNAND will still be intact.

Hi XS4ALL,

New to the scene and literally just got my hackable Switch today. Currently waiting on my SX Pro dongle to arrive in the post. Your use case is exactly how i plan to utilise my Switch i.e sysnand clean for online play and emunand dirty for offline only play with illegitimate stuff. A couple of questions to you good sir if I may. My current official firmware (Sysnand) is 6.0.1. After I have done my initial NAND backup should I just update the system firmware 1. officially via Nintendo or 2. utilise Choidujoirnx preserving the fuses ?. If it's (2) does having fuses preserved risk a ban going online to play legitimate games e.t.c.?
I'm going to then setup the emunand as a partition on the SD card (FAT32) [Unless you recommend a different method] using Choidujoirnx to then update my emunand to 6.2.0 for my (strictly offline) shenanigans.

Anyway my head is buzzing trying to read as much info on the internet. You seem to pretty much utilise your setup in the exact manner i envision so would really appreciate your thoughts.

P.S at the end of the day big boys rules. I'm not entirely arsed if i get banned but would love to see how long i can survive running the gauntlet hahahaha.

Kind Regards

cwiggy78

Last edited by cwiggy78,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7