Upgrading to a 1tb miscro sd, what can i copy from old cards?

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a og first gen switch that i have auto rcm enabled, system firmware 8.xx emunand 12.1.0 and 1.2.5 atmosphere. I have 2 256 gb cards id swap between for games, but want to merge the 2 old cards save data onto the new 1tb card. What folders can i copy over? What guide should i follow to upgrade my firmware while upgrading my card to 1tb?

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
what is your emunand setup, is it parition based or is if file based? if its file based, then you can just copy all the files to your new SD card, if its parition based, you will need a card reader that can read 2 sd cards at the same time and a software that can migrate the files from your old drive to new one, I already have one which is called acronis true image which is bunlded with a SSD purchased I made many years ago. with acronis true image all you have to do is set the source and target sd card and adjust the target sd card 2nd parition to used the rest of the space and let it do its work.

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty shure i did the original 2 256gb cards as partition style and exfat as the base format of the cards vs fat32
Post automatically merged:

Ok following the switch hacking guides i have been able to backup and restore my partition emuMMC and copy my files and folders off the first 256gb card. Can i just copy and overwrite the stuff off the second 256 gb card and all my nsp installed games will be on the new card? Any files i should avoid copying over?

Last edited by th3joker,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can't merge the two SD cards like that. You need to reinstall the games you had on the second card. For saves you can use JKSV to backup and restore them to the new card

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can convert one of the card if hidden partition emunand if you have them to file base the move them with emutool, as for the other card backup you save and reinstall the game on the 1TB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...