Hardware Misc Will upgrading SD card and transferring work?

namikaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 256gb micro SD card and want to upgrade to 1tb SD card and I was planning on transferring everything over to it until it hit me before I purchased the SD card. would it even work if I did the transfer to it? (like just a simple reformat the new one and drag and drop from old SD to new SD.) would hekate, tinfoil, atmosphere games I've downloaded etc. all transfer over and work once it's popped back into the switch? or would I have to reconfigure everything and go through a long process? I'm mostly worried about whether or not certain applications and games will go corrupt or remain perfectly fine.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I have a 256gb micro SD card and want to upgrade to 1tb SD card and I was planning on transferring everything over to it until it hit me before I purchased the SD card. would it even work if I did the transfer to it? (like just a simple reformat the new one and drag and drop from old SD to new SD.) would hekate, tinfoil, atmosphere games I've downloaded etc. all transfer over and work once it's popped back into the switch? or would I have to reconfigure everything and go through a long process? I'm mostly worried about whether or not certain applications and games will go corrupt or remain perfectly fine.
I assume you have an emuNAND (which you should)
Which requires some extra steps to back up.
The easiest way is probably to back up your emuNAND in Hekate, format the new card with an emuNAND, and restore the backup afterwards.
You can also clone the card with a tool like EASEUS Todo Backup, then resize the FAT32/exFAT partition. This is the fastest way, but you'll need 2 SD readers, otherwise you have to image the card to your PC first, which probably makes it take longer than the first method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1