Hacking So I just had a bad burn and something weird happened...

Awesome turtwig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using IMGburn to burn my ISO... I did the first part of the burning before the disc drive pops open (you know what I'm talking about IMGburn people) and I got 1% through the second part of the burning. And BAM! error... so I took out the disc, and saw that it wasn't burnt all the way, only a very tiny bit was burnt, say 1%
biggrin.gif
. So I thought, what the hell I'll see if it works, and it does :wtf: so far all is good, so does anyone know if this game will work 100%, or will I only be able to play 1% of the game. lol.

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It failed the test to verify...it is a bad burn overall, it will work, but may give you an erroe at some point

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When a verify failed on me but it burned completely with no errors, it's usually fine. I've had that happen to me a few times. Never had a problem with it (though I should note they were with music CD's)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have it backwards. The area that appears to be written to is actually NOT written to and vice versa. The innermost ring of the media is for the TOC and unless you have many files/folders on the disc then you will be able to see a ring where the unburnt area is. Also you can see a slight ring on the outside of the media where it is unburnt. Compare it to your other Wii discs and it will look almost identical.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now i know where the strange issues come from. "Help, game xy doesn't work", and 100 questions later you get to know "the verification failed/i did not verify the burn, and i get a crash a certain point in the game". If you turn off verification or ignore the result, that's up you you, but don't dare to post about problems then.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Sounds like your burn just failed on writing the lead-out. This is not essential to a working disc. All the data was written before this part of the burn process.

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Now i know where the strange issues come from. "Help, game xy doesn't work", and 100 questions later you get to know "the verification failed/i did not verify the burn, and i get a crash a certain point in the game". If you turn off verification or ignore the result, that's up you you, but don't dare to post about problems then.

they way i see it is if you cant work out problems yourself then you should not play backups, I never ask for backup help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1