So I just had a bad burn and something weird happened...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Awesome turtwig, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Awesome turtwig
    OP

Awesome turtwig GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2008
    United States
    USA
    So I was using IMGburn to burn my ISO... I did the first part of the burning before the disc drive pops open (you know what I'm talking about IMGburn people) and I got 1% through the second part of the burning. And BAM! error... so I took out the disc, and saw that it wasn't burnt all the way, only a very tiny bit was burnt, say 1% [​IMG]. So I thought, what the hell I'll see if it works, and it does :wtf: so far all is good, so does anyone know if this game will work 100%, or will I only be able to play 1% of the game. lol.

2. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Try it out and you will see it [​IMG]

3. GhostSonic

GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2008
    United States
    For some reason, I thought you actually got burned after reading the topic title.

4. robman62

robman62 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    It failed the test to verify...it is a bad burn overall, it will work, but may give you an erroe at some point

5. lolorlofl

lolorlofl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2008
    Canada
    When a verify failed on me but it burned completely with no errors, it's usually fine. I've had that happen to me a few times. Never had a problem with it (though I should note they were with music CD's)

6. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    You have it backwards. The area that appears to be written to is actually NOT written to and vice versa. The innermost ring of the media is for the TOC and unless you have many files/folders on the disc then you will be able to see a ring where the unburnt area is. Also you can see a slight ring on the outside of the media where it is unburnt. Compare it to your other Wii discs and it will look almost identical.

7. Rebound

Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    Happened to me too and mine works fine

8. jacklaidlaw

jacklaidlaw GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2009
    london but Scottish
    i turn verify off its a waste of time it regularly gives me errors but when i play the game i dont notice anything

9. BMasterP

BMasterP GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2006
    Netherlands
    DOESBURG
    of course the game burned ok, presumably, i never ever have verifiy turned on, just waste of time.

10. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Now i know where the strange issues come from. "Help, game xy doesn't work", and 100 questions later you get to know "the verification failed/i did not verify the burn, and i get a crash a certain point in the game". If you turn off verification or ignore the result, that's up you you, but don't dare to post about problems then.

11. Flawsdraw

Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2008
    England, Kent
    Only options I use in IMGBurn are 4x Write/Read and Eject Tray... sod verifying lol, well my guess is that you will get to one part where it will go no further...

12. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Sounds like your burn just failed on writing the lead-out. This is not essential to a working disc. All the data was written before this part of the burn process.

13. jacklaidlaw

jacklaidlaw GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2009
    london but Scottish

they way i see it is if you cant work out problems yourself then you should not play backups, I never ask for backup help