Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Urza said:
jalaneme said:
i brought a nokia 5800 unlocked for £105, it has touch screen, working phone, removable memory, more media formats to use, no need to hack as symbian os is more open than apples restricted os, everything works straight away and u are not forced to use apples bloatware lol my personal opinion.
S60 is in its dying wail, it's a horribly outdated platform and to even try comparing to a modern OS such as iPhoneOS/iOS/Android/BBOS/etc is just silly.

Not sure how you can expect anyone to take you seriously.

according to these charts http://gigaom.com/2010/03/18/the-mobile-os-market/

Symbian OS is the leading platform for 46.9% of smartphone sales how can they be wrong, nokia was around way BEFORE the iphone was, Symbian OS is completely open source so anyone can develop for it, that includes homebrew apps and all sorts without having to do anything to the phone, if you want more info on Symbian OS check out wikipedia.

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
The protectors somehow make the ipod easier to use/more responsive it's wierd
unsure.gif

Gear4's a good make
smile.gif

I can confirm this. It feels different under your thumb and lets it slide a lot easier without putting a shitload of grease on there hahdhhahah

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Urza said:
jalaneme said:
i brought a nokia 5800 unlocked for £105, it has touch screen, working phone, removable memory, more media formats to use, no need to hack as symbian os is more open than apples restricted os, everything works straight away and u are not forced to use apples bloatware lol my personal opinion.
S60 is in its dying wail, it's a horribly outdated platform and to even try comparing to a modern OS such as iPhoneOS/iOS/Android/BBOS/etc is just silly.

Not sure how you can expect anyone to take you seriously.

according to these charts http://gigaom.com/2010/03/18/the-mobile-os-market/

Symbian OS is the leading platform for 46.9% of smartphone sales how can they be wrong, nokia was around way BEFORE the iphone was, Symbian OS is completely open source so anyone can develop for it, that includes homebrew apps and all sorts without having to do anything to the phone, if you want more info on Symbian OS check out wikipedia.
So your logic for Symbian being the superior platform is solely based on their (worldwide) sales statistics? Following your train of thought, we can conclude that: Windows is the best OS, iPods are the best audio player, Internet Explorer is the best web browser, the Sims and World of Warcraft are the best video games, and IGN is the best source for all video game centric news.

Clearly things like local market price, local advertising, markets being shipped to, and technological ignorance on the consumer end have no impact on worldwide sales. Even Om (owner of the site you just referenced) hardly ever posts news concerning Symbian, the majority of his site populated by android and iPhone articles (further delving on this point, he was on TWiT two weeks ago and during an in-depth smartphone platform discussion Symbian didn't even come up). Those who actually know what they're talking about (eg not you) really couldn't give two shits about Symbian anymore.

Long story short: An irrelevant chart is no excuse for your lack of any knowledge on the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?