Gaming SO, How long does it take you to download a game?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gordinio said:
Bladexdsl said:
try usenet and download at your max connection speed.
Doesn't usenet cost money?
not if your isp provides a free news service...like mine does
nyanya.gif

go to your isp website and look for anything related to a news service this is usenet. mine has a free service but it uses your bandwidth but who gives a fuck i've got 100gb a month to use
biggrin.gif
otherwise you can subscribe to a news provider for like $4 a month that's chicken feed for unlimited downloads at max speeds!

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
Gordinio said:
Bladexdsl said:
try usenet and download at your max connection speed.
Doesn't usenet cost money?
not if your isp provides a free news service...like mine does
nyanya.gif

go to your isp website and look for anything related to a news service this is usenet. otherwise you can subscribe to a news provider for like $4 a month that's chicken feed for unlimited downloads at max speeds!

Most ISP provide a free service. However, a lot of them don't allow the download of binaries. So you can only download very small files like text files.

As for Wii games on torrent, it takes 1 hour for me. If you want to download games fast on torrent, you need access to private tracker, but you must keep a good ratio there or you get banned. Most of those trackers are invite only, so public registration is impossible. Lots of good seeders there, people have to seed or low ratio get you banned. Also, on private tracker, a lot of them seed from 100+ mbps server.

Public trackers suck to be honest. People don't seed there and if they do, it's at very low speed.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes private trackers are good but their a bitch to get hold of and when you finally do like you said you only have to look at them the wrong way and you get banned from them. i love my isp they say download and do whatever you want on usenet as long as you pay your bill and don't use all your bandwidth and if you do you can order more blocks!!
rofl2.gif

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me about 20 minutes to download Super Mario Galaxy 2.
(Then again, it was only about 1.5GB, and I got it in 3 parts from Megaupload)

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newsgroups here.

My 10mbit connection snags a wii game in about 45 min-an hour. I forget.

That's unscrubbed at 4.3GB

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
yes private trackers are good but their a bitch to get hold of and when you finally do like you said you only have to look at them the wrong way and you get banned from them. i love my isp they say download and do whatever you want on usenet as long as you pay your bill and don't use all your bandwidth and if you do you can order more blocks!!
rofl2.gif

It's sad the internet has come to people being happy their service providers are just service providers and not IP cops.

mikesmithy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend to stop using torrents completely. Direct Downloading (rapidshare, megaupload, etc.) is a lot faster doesn't require trackers, and in some places is technically not illegal.

Take Canada (where I live)... DOWNLOADING something is technically not illegal, but UPLOADING is. You can download something but you can't upload it in any way to make it available for others. Using torrents does both because you're making pieces available for everybody else. This uploading/downloading difference in the law is a technicality right now, but it's how it works.

If you PM me I can point you in some directions of some good sites. Direct downloading is safer, faster, and easier.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikesmithy said:
I would recommend to stop using torrents completely. Direct Downloading (rapidshare, megaupload, etc.) is a lot faster doesn't require trackers, and in some places is technically not illegal.

Take Canada (where I live)... DOWNLOADING something is technically not illegal, but UPLOADING is. You can download something but you can't upload it in any way to make it available for others. Using torrents does both because you're making pieces available for everybody else. This uploading/downloading difference in the law is a technicality right now, but it's how it works.

If you PM me I can point you in some directions of some good sites. Direct downloading is safer, faster, and easier.
It generally takes longer to DL with MegaUpload and RapidShare than it does to DL from a torrent for me. Are you paying for their premium service?

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a usnet account. I have one and wouldnt go back to torrents. In comparison they're too slow. On use net I can download 4.5 gigs in about 30 minutes.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this topic isn't stupid, then I don't know what is.

It depends on your ISP. Jesus christ, just start an upload/download thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Judge Wario :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: