Gaming SO, How long does it take you to download a game?

konuoha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been downloading Metroid prime corruption for 3 days now and its still not done, I'm on 75%. Its killing me!! I anxiously check each morning and the speed decreases consistently.But I'm patient and have IB exams anyway, so ill chill.

MY question is, How long does it usually take you to download a wii game??

Leave your interesting and Creative responses in the comment section below

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 30 mins. I download with megaupload though.
Edit: If it's scrubbed it takes lesser like about 15mins.
If its not 30mins maximum.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really the place to talk about it. Speeds depend on your internet provider and manner of download.

konuoha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Tagg7
Where the appropriate place to post? I assumed that this was a general wii post lol. Anyways I'm aware of the factors affecting download speed, I'm trying nto determine those whose share my plight.

4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this topic is appropriate. We really shouldn't be discussing about pirating games.

And to chime in with the others, it all depends on your internet speed, provider, and where you are downloading it from.

BinFairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on whether or not I'm doin' ya mum.

Dancing Kitteh approves

But yea, it all depends on yuor own internet connection and how you are downloading it. Torrents and you can be waiting for weeks!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
konuoha said:
@Tagg7
Where the appropriate place to post? I assumed that this was a general wii post lol. Anyways I'm aware of the factors affecting download speed, I'm trying nto determine those whose share my plight.
I think that the reason that your download might be so slow is because the seeders have left; no one really DL's Corruption that much anymore since the release of Trilogy.

konuoha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
konuoha said:
@Tagg7
I think that the reason that your download might be so slow is because the seeders have left; no one really DL's Corruption that much anymore since the release of Trilogy.
Thats true,I didnt think of that. Do you think I sholuld abandon the download and try the trilogy instead. Or wait it out.
(BTW, when it comes to wii related stuff im a slight noob)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
konuoha said:
Gordinio said:
konuoha said:
@Tagg7
Thats true,I didnt think of that. Do you think I sholuld abandon the download and try the trilogy instead. Or wait it out.
(BTW, when it comes to wii related stuff im a slight noob)
Pause this and try to get the Trilogy.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My illegal download of metroid prime trilogy will take about... *checks his morpheus 0.1 beta program*... 3 years and 193 days 'till completion.
smile.gif

Yeah, I'm one of those firm believers of the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mantra. My 56k modem may not be the fastest one ever...but at least it WORKS!
yaywii.gif

konuoha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BinFairy said:
Depends on whether or not I'm doin' ya mum.

Dancing Kitteh approves

But yea, it all depends on yuor own internet connection and how you are downloading it. Torrents and you can be waiting for weeks!
Leave my mom alone, she doesnt want squirrel aids haha. Anyways thanks man

konuoha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My problem was definately the number of seeders, I checked where i got it from and apparently there were only 4 seeders. I'm guessing thats small Idk lol.

Anyways, I wanna hear from you guys, how long does it take you? Don't worry about my misery

xMekux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried dl the Metroid 3 that u said i dl it in 2:45 hours --' 450 kp
A good seeded one i dl it in 20-30 min =/ 2.5mb p/sec
O.o i know thats... fast but... zzz
Edit: the file gone to 756 kp(1h30) per sec o.o

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually a couple of hours depending on the game size and on how much I've downloaded through Megaupload that day (since I also download movies a lot). I really don't notice the exact time since JDownloader's estimates don't take into account wait time and stuff like that, but I just throw the links in and let them run.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i download the ful iso, in parts. I don't do torrents they take wayyy to long and they suck
i use Jdownloader to auto download the game links

which take a roughly 1hr-2hrs to finish xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked