Gaming SO, How long does it take you to download a game?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Instead of complaining about how long it takes to download a game, just take a walk to your local game store and buy it. From what I'm reading here, it's days quicker, then if you want to run it from a USB drive, it takes only a few minutes to dump it through whichever loader you use.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh, with torrents, depends on how many seeders, and i ALWAYS download scrubbed versions, it usually takes about 4-6 hours for me with 7mbit internet connection

rttyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it takes me 15 min at 1.4 mb, and I already downloaded 20 games in less than 4 hours. and it is harder to go to a store to buy a game because downloading in free

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
doesn't megaupload have a daily or hourly limit for downloading?
and what's that jdownloader you guys are saying? it seems interesting!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
doesn't megaupload have a daily or hourly limit for downloading?
and what's that jdownloader you guys are saying? it seems interesting!

Megaupload does, but it's a rather high limit so you can download quite a bit in a day with a free account.

And JDownloader is a download manager for filesharing sites (Mediafire, Megaupload, Rapidshare, etc). You find links to any of the sites, copy them, and JDownloader does the rest. It'll download the files, get past the captcha, and even do things like merge the files or unpack them if you set it that way. It just allows you to throw some links in, press "Start", and do whatever. You can find it at jdownloader.org.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I generally download from torrents, so it takes about 1-2 days, I usually search for torrents with many seeders and turn my upload speed to 0.5 kb/ps when I'm downloading.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i always dowload from torrents but i use private torrent sites so i always get my maxium speed which is about 3.3mb a sec so it takes about 20-30mins to download a 4.7 gb wii game. I have invites also trying to get rid of i have 3 so anyone want one just give me email first come first serve and make sure your email isnt yahoo or hotmail.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
161 Kbps, 200 sometimes from megaupload
frown.gif

afnuke said:
torrents are dangerous......you are being watched and just dont know it. There is no such thing as a safe torrent

lol +1 on tht

D

Deleted-247497

yeah i really dont understand why people use torrents eventually you will be screwed, since i dont have prem or anything i get leik 100mbs from rs and like 200 from mu so yea pretty slow but w.e better that buying

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
afnuke said:
torrents are dangerous......you are being watched and just dont know it. There is no such thing as a safe torrent

Well considering I am not using my internet connection to download, I guess it'll be fine
tongue.gif
Seriously though, depending on the seeding I usually get a recent game in 'bout 5 to 6 hours (for older games it is much faster to simply use jdownloader).

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ontopic: It generally takes 2-3 hours for an unscrubbed Wii game; it takes a lot longer when trying to download a game with only a few seeders, such as DK Barrel Blast.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
20mbps so not that long although i never reach the max for Wii games. It hits about 500KB/s - 1MB/s and finishes in about an hour. I usually use Megaupload with JDownloader anyway, not torrents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...