Gaming So after a month, how much BoTW do you play?

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a couple months? No. If you get absolutely EVERYTHING and 100% the game, there's zero reason to go back to it until DLC hits. Some people take forever to 100% it. Others do it pretty fast. There's no need to start a second new game at all unless you want to do a challenge run. And unfortunately 72% or so of the completion rate is just looking for collectibles. 900 of em.

Mind you this is still a great game. Just I highly doubt people will spend longer than 1-2 months on it. If anything, other games will come out in the meantime for a variety of platforms.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So BoTW is the kind of game that after you do all the good stuff you put it on Amazon/Ebay and sell it?

This game is unique in a way with all the details anyone would hope for a game to have. The people you meet in the game all have their own personality in a way that makes it familiar to Majoras Mask. Its not a game where there are emotionless NPCs that ask you to do a kill quest generically. For me personally, this game has been a survival game more than anything, i sneak and fight if necessary, but i'll note that even while playing it as a stealth/sneaky game all the different paths you can take to do things are crazy. Its a very anime-like game with quirky expressions and such. Its incredibly detailed, even the little animals have detailed animations, i watched a squirrel eat, stretch, then yawn.

Reactions: Cyan and alexj9626

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After finishing it 100%, I haven't seen a need to play in several days. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the lack of story, music, bosses, unique items, dungeons, and timeline placement.

And yes, I got all 900 Korok seeds.

Andieran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 165 hours of play and have everything except all korok seeds (I only have 114). I still play it sometimes but not too much, only my sister uses it, since she hasn't finished the game yet. I find no replay value in Zelda games (even though its one of my favorite series), and the only way I play them months later is if I have the sudden urge to and just play for a few minutes, half an hour at best. Yet, I think I'd never played a Zelda game for so much time, so I'll give it that. Definately more replay value than other Zeldas but not that much, unless you want to start over.

Last edited by Andieran,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't the same be said about any game? Depends on if you want to sell it.

He's referring to whether you could continue playing it long after clearing it. For example, you could play Battlefield 1 for months. Or you could play Dark Souls 3 for months. Or Skyrim/Fallout for months.

Games like those usually need to have at least one of the following:
-Online Multiplayer
-Branching story/sidequests
-Ability to be modded

and some others. BotW has none of these. Great game, mind you, but most are already done playing it and don't see much of a reason to go back to it.

Reactions: alexj9626

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything wrong with reaching an end to a game?
Does that make it a bad game somehow to not do 100% of it?
Does it make it a bad game to not feel a need to replay it?

A game should be worth the adventure. The memories. Just because the journey is over, why does it have to be negative to reach that end? No one is forcing you to do more than that. There's no competition here. There's an adventure. A life to live how you want to live it. When that life's journey is over, you return to your real one. If you 'need' replayability, if you 'need' to hit 100%, that's not an adventure. That's an addiction. If you feel you have to have 300+ hours played for a game to be worth anything, that's a flawed logic driven by endless games aimed at stealing your souls.

Just let it end, just let it be satisfying.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one is saying that finishing a game and not having any desire to go back to it is a bad thing. It just seems like that is something the OP is looking for.

Reactions: alexj9626

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I already beat the game (all the main quests, did around... 50 Shrines, got myself 2 horses, named one epona and the other ganon, bought a house... I have lots of rupees... Lots of strong armor and weapons, I also did a bunch of sidequests)
The ending was kinda" disappointing idk, I was expecting the game to be more challenging, I feel that the story was too short...

It took me 35(?) hours so I guess I'll try to get the rest of the spirit orbs and I'll explore hyrule some more (guess I'll do some more sidequests too)

I beat Xenoblade X in like 70(?) hours so...

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I really apreciate all the comments is helping a lot. Thanks.

No one is saying that finishing a game and not having any desire to go back to it is a bad thing. It just seems like that is something the OP is looking for.

Exactly this. I know is not a bad thing. I loved Metroid Prime series, Mario Galaxy 1-2 and those games that you can reach 100% and just drop it but i think that we are in a generation of gaming that the games should go for more than a 100% and thats it, like Destiny or Fifa, hell even CoD and i hate some of them.

Im not rich, so i dont want to spend 60-70 dollars in a game that im going to drop in a couple months.

Im still in love with BoTW, i think is a awesome game and looking forward to get it next week, but i kinda dont like the idea of just leaving it cause it would get boring.

Last edited by alexj9626,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The shrines are loads of fun and you can end up finding up to 60 or more with ease, but after that it becomes really hard -- even with the detector it's still complex to tell where it's located, at least for me. Just use a map to find them.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was playing about an hour every two days but my bike broke down and I have to stay with friends/family during the week so I can get to work - and I'm not taking my console everywhere with me so haven't played in a while. I have one divine beast, 30 korok seeds, about 5 hearts and 2 stamina wheels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...