Gaming So after a month, how much BoTW do you play?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not much, lately. I still need to complete the shrines. I'm still stuck at 96. Also, find those korok seeds. Not all, but enough to expand the inventory. I think I only got 60 or more seeds. :rofl2:

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im definitely not buying the Switch just for BoTW, but i also want to play that game. MK8D looks awesome, Xenoblade, maybe a Pokemon game... The switch is worth it.

Im avoiding spoilers, guides and that stuff. I just want to play the game knowing anything.
Mario Kart 8!?!?! lol... another Wii U port.

Also Xenoblade, and Pokemon don't exist on the Switch. Can't for the life of me figure out why people buy this console.

D

Deleted User

I need to upgrade /Green Tunic/ to max level.
I already have every main quest, side quests, shrines but i'm missing 3 shrine quests [Eh?]

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Setting small goals at a time, still enjoying the game 160 hours in; I'm likely to get 200+ hours out this game.

Last edited by Nemix77,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8!?!?! lol... another Wii U port.

Also Xenoblade, and Pokemon don't exist on the Switch. Can't for the life of me figure out why people buy this console.
People buy the console because
A) They like Nintendo games
B) They want to be able to play the games on the big screen or on the go

And Xenoblade does exist on the Switch, it just hasn't been released yet. We've seen footage from it, and it is supposed to release this year. Getting Mario, Zelda, and Xenoblade all in the first year of a console is pretty good.

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
People buy the console because
A) They like Nintendo games
B) They want to be able to play the games on the big screen or on the go

And Xenoblade does exist on the Switch, it just hasn't been released yet. We've seen footage from it, and it is supposed to release this year. Getting Mario, Zelda, and Xenoblade all in the first year of a console is pretty good.

Just..... dont feed the troll

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go for it duhh, BOTW has some serious resale invincibility. You can just sell it back after playing if not for your taste.

Likewise, it was also well received and mostly remain as a flagship for current open world track which can be said as an amazing adventure to experience.

If not for financial side of problems, most people who enjoy playing it would be proud to at least keep it in a personal 'best game' collection.

Reactions: alexj9626

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
If it gets bad enough, he can join my ever-growing ignore list.

Yeah i just dont want this to become a shitshow about how bad The Switch and Ninti are.

Just go for it duhh, BOTW has some serious resale invincibility. You can just sell it back after playing if not for your taste.

Likewise, it was also well received and mostly remain as a flagship for current open world track which can be said as an amazing adventure to experience.

If not for financial side of problems, most people who enjoy playing it would be proud to at least keep it in a personal 'best game' collection.

Yeah thats kinda what im planing to do. If i dont like it i can sell it cause is a popular game right now.

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Got sidetracked with 100 hours of BoI. I had already played a ton on PC, but wanted to unlock a bunch of stuff on the Switch version. I "only" have about 40 hours on Zelda. I'm still exploring and probably won't beat it for a while.

D

Deleted User

ive 100%ed BOTW so i dont really have any reason to play it at this point unless i want to start over which im not gonna do

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it miss a way to know if we still have anything to find in a specific area. (or maybe it's an unlock feature?)
But seeing the area's border are disappearing when discovering the area's map, it would be hard to list all find'able element for each area (like Tomb raider games).

It would have been nice to know if you got everything per area, if you missed something that you could search for in a particular place.
I guess you only know you miss xxx seeds or shrines, and you just have to search the entire game to find it?

Anyone completed 100% without a guide? interactive map ? internet ?

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Quantumcat

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i played about 8 hours i think.
great game, but there's too much i have to play, my bad habit is that i play multiple games very often and forget about the other games i was playing etc.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think it miss a way to know if we still have anything to find in a specific area. (or maybe it's an unlock feature?)
But seeing the area's border are disappearing when discovering the area's map, it would be hard to list all find'able element for each area (like Tomb raider games).

It would have been nice to know if you got everything per area, if you missed something that you could search for in a particular place.
I guess you only know you miss xxx seeds or shrines, and you just have to search the entire game to find it?

Anyone completed 100% without a guide? interactive map ? internet ?
I think getting all the seeds without a guide or map is more or less impossible. There are just too many of them and they're often hidden in weird places.
It would help a lot if you could use the scanner on Koroks, but for some reason it seems to work for everything except that.

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
stopped playing it a few days ago.
120 shrines
248 korok shits (I did not want to bother to get each 900 of them. the main thing is to know every type. there are definitely some you will miss because you do not know)
most gear maxed out (except amiibo and gerudo jewel stuff)

If this game misses something, I'd say it's a fog of war effect on the map, leaving places you haven't explored greyed out. I found 116 shrines by myself, and I would defnitely not have missed the last 4 if I had properly explored the map. The place is so big there are some nook and crany you won't explore or you'll forget you haven't.

Last edited by koim,
Reactions: Inuk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I thought about that too, didn't know it was named "fog of war".
I thought I went everywhere, but still find places I didn't explore.
I like games with fog on the map and uncovering them 100%

I'm at the moment where I have to leave map3, but doesn't have any direction.
I guess I can now choose which map to explore next (north of map3 or hyrule castle), I'll try to follow the road with my horse, so I guess it will be hyrule castle map ;)

Last edited by Cyan,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I play it quite a lot when I have some spare time, I'm always having ago on & off and I've owned it since release date! I've only just got to the Divine Beast Vah Ruta part when you swim and have to destroy the orbs with your arrows, its a fantastic game and I have not played a great game like this in a long time. I bought the DLC to it last night and I just hope its worth it! I bought it off Amazon.co.uk, it was slightly cheaper than off Nintendo E-Shop and I didn't think it was too bad for £16.49p :)

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb