• Total voters

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DBMONK said:
3) no need for a camera any more.... the camera on here is really good from what i heard

you have been severely misled if you think that VGA 0.3 that's ZERO POINT 3 btw megapixel cameras is/are a GOOD replacement for the average cheapo digital cameras that now sport 7 megapixel+ for around £40-£50 then PLEASE GO BANG YOUR HEAD NOW!

Even MOST mobile phone cameras are at least 2megapixel or more now
nyanya.gif

remember that ancient GB monochrome camera was also VGA and how crappy that was!
frown.gif

s456m0yara2d9xprqo5c.png

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not getting one at all.

Reasons:
- All colors other than black are ugly because of the cameras.
- Not shiny.
- They removed the GBA slot.
- Cameras are only good for eye toy like games, and most of the eye toy games weren't even that good.
- I just got a DS lite to replace my phat, just because the DSi would replace the lite soon and I didn't want one.

...Be honest guys, how many of you voted more than 1 answer?
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm getting one...Reasons:

1)I like Black
2)Not shiny? Mhm..doesn't matter...
2)Don't need GBA-Games
3)Also have a Phat...Time for a new one...and I will always be up-to-date...so Dsi, here we come!
4)Birthday in the same month

So, hell yeah I'm buying one. The only Thing about I'm not shure if I'll buy an AceKard 2i, or wait for a better one, which realy supports the DSi...that's hard
tongue.gif
!

CrimsonRose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ball2012003 said:
xylos said:
No and heres why:

NO GBA SLOT
mad.gif

Locks Out Flashcarts

Both of the Cameras on the thing aren't all that great

No Video Support

No Rumble Support

Expansion Pak Feature Removed (Guitar Hero Grip
frown.gif
)

and last but not least... Its NOT SHINY!
1.who gives a shit it a ds not a gba
2.thats why acekard 2i and dstti are out and im pretty sure m3 cyclo ds and all the other flashcarts will make a dsi cart
3.who gives a shit if the cameras aren't that great they dont need to be and atleast it has cameras
4.no video?? what the hell are you talking about?? flashcarts could let you watch videos and your not so smart if you didnt know flashcarts came out for the dsi
5.no rumble?? whats so great about that. i doubt many people even used that and there are barely any games that work with rumble anyway
6.guitar hero is not that fun
lol " ds is not a gba" well it isnt a camera either
nyanya.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know whether or not I should get one or not. If I DO get one It will have to be in conjunction with a flash cart. But before I get one I want to wait a little bit. BUT if I wait a little bit Nintendo will probably start selling models with different motherboards or base firmwares that block them.

Meh i guess I'll just get one for my birthday (2 months after it comes out)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with most of what xylos says in my reasons for not purchasing:

1- no gba slot. Whether you think it's a GBA or not, taking a feature OUT of a simple redesign is a downgrade. Especially since it was an unnecessary subtraction and many of the features added to compensate were not necessary. I don't have the extra money to go out and buy a GBA system either, no matter how cheap they are. I cherish GBA game support. I even like the memory expansion support in snemulDS which makes large games run smoother.

2- Only AAC music support? Should I count manually how many music formats flashcards ALREADY play? And no video support is lame too, another thing I can do with moonshell.

3- Download service looks to be mostly promises of a DSiWare, with no announcement for a "virtual handheld" of anything. Sadly, this is not living up to the potential yet and seems mostly puzzle games (which are ok, but too common and similar) or shovelware like the imagine games.

4- $170. Do I NEED to say it? I guess for some I do, but I think most people can figure out it's overpriced....whoops just said it. Oh well, it's true.

5- No DSi exclusive games announced yet that would decently use the extra system specs (more memory and CPU speed). Nintendo announced that the system COULD support DSi exclusive games sold at retail (apart from download ones), but none have been announced.

6- A camera that is outdone by almost ALL cellphone ones, and even my own cheap digital camera which I bought for $10. An unnecessary feature that we've yet to see anything truly innovative of yet. Looks like a cross between the original GB camera or a ps2 eyetoy. Dunno, we'll see.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
At first, I was not going to get one, however, GAME were offering £75 trade-in value for DS Lite, and that deal was too tempting to let go off. So, I will be trading in my old DS Lite plus £75 for Black DSi. Picking-up on release day.
yaynds.gif

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preordered a black DSi ^^. I hope it arrives on or soon after the release date.

About its price tag, compared to the DS Lite, its bonus features are a steal: For $40 more, you are getting
1) a built-in, improved version of the opera web browser that originally retailed separately for $30 for the other DS's
2) two cameras, which after looking up some photos to prove their quality, is really quite awesome for VGA
3) fun lens manipulation program that can probably get some laughs on more than one apt occassion
4) larger screens
5) more satisfying button feedback
6) stronger speakers, a must for any game-music lovers, or just better in general when listening to mp3's
7) access to DSiWare

There are more positives, but these are in general the strongest.
What is the only drawback I keep hearing people whining about? Removed GBA slot? It's a positive when seen from the perspective that the large amount of space that the slot took up was restricting the space that new features would require. The DSi looks slicker as a result.

Oh, and matte surfaces can only be for the greater good; being shiny and fingerprint-prone is worse than being clean and professional looking.

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
There's absolutely no point in getting DSi if you have DSL, not for that 0.25 inches bigger screen and worse battery. Forget about DSi exclusives(despite some games using cameras), The only feature I like in it is a matte surface.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can think of dozens of reasons not to buy a DSi.
However I was smoking and surfing when the announcement was posted that Amazon was taking pre-orders.
And one of the colors was BLUE! click.
DX - AK2i. click.
I have the AK2i now and I like it with AKAIO.
I hope it will work with the USA DSi, but even if it doesn't, it is worth the DX price for use with NDS light.
I am surprised that there apparently has not been a leaked DSi to test AK2i compatablilty.
Or have I just not seen it?

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwilitSky said:
6) stronger speakers, a must for any game-music lovers, or just better in general when listening to mp3's
...except it doesn't even play mp3's.

I still haven't decided if I'm getting one yet. I'll see how the ol' cash flow looks in a couple weeks. Might get one just to help test new flashcarts, hack attempts, etc. Would be fun to get back into that again.

DBMONK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Szyslak said:
TwilitSky said:
...except it doesn't even play mp3's.

I still haven't decided if I'm getting one yet. I'll see how the ol' cash flow looks in a couple weeks. Might get one just to help test new flashcarts, hack attempts, etc. Would be fun to get back into that again.

dont play mp3's YET....give the home brewpeople a few weeks XD

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting a black one and I'm glad I'll be able to afford it... my b-day is like 3 days prior XD and yes I am a ninty fanboy but I don't care... nintendo has brought me entertainment from early childhood and I will support them

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
If in a few months time they bring out a fully functioning flash card for it that can combat nintendos attempts of firmware updates etc, then I might pick pick one up around xmas. Its just too early to know. i'm happy enough with this version of the DS adding the fact that i went down yesturday to pick another ds lite up (got 3 now) only had 2 left in the store lol...

tehmacuser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBMONK said:
dont play mp3's YET....give the home brewpeople a few weeks XD

Based on PSP development ( a much more hackable console), try a few months....minimum. and even longer for custom firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....