Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Oh and another reason to not get the DSi is because the battery life is very greatly decreased.
only if you have it on the highest brightness
and they did not say greatly decreased they just decreased it by a little

2-3 Hours, and it's not because of the brightness it's because of the bigger screens. Which frankly I don't even care about, the old screens were fine.

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the only reason else i might get DSi is because .... well .... Super Smash Bros ! ... well think about it guys, DSi has the capability to do that on a ds ... lol hope they do and btw, the battery life on the thing hasn't decreased alot, i would know cause i have an original ds and 3 lites .... its not a big decrease

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way...I thought they said all games would be able to go on both.
I may get a DSi, if i can sell my Ds lite and my gba and one xbox 360 game (GTAIV?) for 140 bucks to get one.
EDIT: BTW, How much more power does it have than the DS? I heard a lawt.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Why are so many people poopin' themselves about it being worse than the DS lite or DS phat. It isn't the successor to the DS, it's just a sister product like the Gameboy Micro to the SP and Advance. Jeez get over it.

And to answer the original question, no I'm happy with my backwards compatible DS lite.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The dsi a bust for me, I mean I already have a camera, gonna get an ipod touch, getting a psp(from my uncle) and I have a hacked ds lite, why do I need a dsi for, at the most I might just fix up my lite with a replacment shell and some customization...the dsi is not worth the 180 dollars ppl, save your money for something better like an actual upgrade.

DBMONK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Why are so many people poopin' themselves about it being worse than the DS lite or DS phat. It isn't the successor to the DS, it's just a sister product like the Gameboy Micro to the SP and Advance. Jeez get over it.

And to answer the original question, no I'm happy with my backwards compatible DS lite.

finally someone who gets it..... the DSi isnt suposed to REPLACE the DS, nintendo says they will continue to support the original DS and has some pretty good releases lined up for the coming year..... what happens after this year though.....
only time will tell XD

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I don't really see the why there would be DSi only games other than DSi Ware, the only advantage in gameplay that would make a difference would be the extra RAM and cameras. There are RAM packs (even official nintendo ones) for the DS lite/Phat, and in Japan they have a DS camera peripheral which came with a game called "Face Training" or something like that.

Eb games in Australia are getting pumped for the DSi release, around 3 weeks ago I saw DSi banners, boxes and signs. IMO the DSi is going to be bought by little girl and boys who don't know shit, ninty fanboys, and people who think why not it looks pretty ok. In the event I do buy one I would only get it as an excuse to buy an AK2i, the matte finish, for the cool DSi Ware camera games, and it looks pretty nice. Though I'm probably going to wait a few years for the successor of the DS.

EDIT: Also OP accidentally made it possible to vote for everything.

D

Deleted-167431

Im going to buy one, i got already an AK2I wich is works great
wink.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to think/hope the DSi will die really fast, just as the Gameboy Micro did. I'm hoping no greater than like 6-9 months after it's released Nintendo will come out with some better handheld.

But the likeliness of that happening is very low.

DBMONK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
I'm starting to think/hope the DSi will die really fast, just as the Gameboy Micro did. I'm hoping no greater than like 6-9 months after it's released Nintendo will come out with some better handheld.

But the likeliness of that happening is very low.

yeah, i think the DSi will be around for a while
which is good as far as im concerned, i mean with games of GTA: CW's calliber coming out on the normal DS, there's deffo gonna be some great DSi only titles.
i just been on the nintendo channel on my Wii and watched the trailer for it, i like some of the cool looking app's it has, the image editing software looks fun and so does the voice editing thingy. i know there just silly little things, but hey, it will keep me amused for a while XD

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems like they're going to focus too much on the cameras, which is ok...it's just to me camera games get boring after awhile.

Also if any of you have seen the preview of the new WarioWare DSi Ware game on youtube, it definitely shows that alot of the DSi Ware will be hard to play on the go...and if you do play it on the go...you'll look crazy.

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eh ... we'll never know delta, they might give out a DSi wearing hat so u CAN play on the go
smile.gif
and look crazy at the same time lol

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-ordered one simply to tool around with it. See what is has to offer. That, and I cant stand having an obsolete system. I simply have to update. I kind of gambled and ordered and AK2i so i hope it works and if not it was only 30 bucks. Also for some reason, the bigger screens look a lot bigger than they sound to me from what iv seen in videos and pictures. I honestly cant wait. I know that lots of people dislike the design and would rather stick with their lite but I am keeping my lite, and I can just decide if I want to play that or the DSi. I think it has potential despite being a gimmick to improve sales.

DBMONK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Please put all your DSi flame and hate into this thread I made ages ago ¬.¬ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=13845&st=90

erm, this aint to flame or hate, you can read.... right?
i asked who will be getting one...... thats different, understand dif-fer-ent XD (no offence but you should read the title before posting) but yes, if all you wanna do is flame/bitch/moan, please feelfree yo visit the other page. im just interested in how many people are gonna get one..... and what games/add on's that will be released with it XD

but it kinda did go off topic.... so now theres only 9 days to go *dances like a fool*
whos gonna get one???? (i want 2..... im greedy)

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm far too poor at the moment to consider this. It might bring down the price of DS lites though and I'll finally be able to upgrade from my phat.

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I WANT ONE !!!

i also have seen the trailer on the nintendo channel... look just to make it clear.. the dsi ware games are just for when you are bored... it will amuse you ! it is not something like a whole story and adventure game of 15 hours... its just for fun

also even IF the cameras are bad even then it wouldnt be a bad thing it has cameras so i dont get why everyone is crying about that

also the editing looks fun too with the fotos and the music...

it may be a little expensive but my old ds is ruined and this just looks sooo awesome !

I WANT ONE !!!
wub.gif
yay.gif
bow.gif

DBMONK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
LivingToDie said:
I WANT ONE !!!

i also have seen the trailer on the nintendo channel... look just to make it clear.. the dsi ware games are just for when you are bored... it will amuse you ! it is not something like a whole story and adventure game of 15 hours... its just for fun

also even IF the cameras are bad even then it wouldnt be a bad thing it has cameras so i dont get why everyone is crying about that

also the editing looks fun too with the fotos and the music...

it may be a little expensive but my old ds is ruined and this just looks sooo awesome !

I WANT ONE !!!
wub.gif
yay.gif
bow.gif

exactly... although i did read something about expansion packs for FFCC similar to the ones for the Wii.... wether its just add ons or actual new maps i have no idea.... not even sure if what i read was true.... but it could be possable i imagine.

we will just have to hold our breath and hope for the best XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a