Hacking SNES NES SEGA roms with homebrew?

mikej3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

i have just installed the twilight princess hack to get homebrew channel and also backup launcher .3

My question is, can i load snes nes etc roms onto my wii and play them through my modded wii now? do i need classic controller. If this possible, how do i go about doing this?

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way to got a snes emulator running on with Wii without homebrew? I've been looking around for an answer but the only guides and stuff I'm getting are for the twilight hack and homebrew. I have a mod chip (D2pro) in my Wii. Is it possible to do this just from a disk or SD card?
I've already tried doing this
Youtube bootable dvd guide
But when it gets to the menu and I choose PAL it freezes and I have to restart the Wii
frown.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there any way to got a snes emulator running on with Wii without homebrew
In a way yes, but you still require an SD Card. Just download the channels on a thread called custom channels somewhere in this area of the forum, and install them, always need an SD Card though.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so I just download the snes channel, save it on my SD card and get the Wii to read it from there? And save all my snes roms in a folder on the same SD card?
Thanks for your help BTW

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
have you got homebrew channel? otherwise if your chip supports autoboot use wadmanagerautoboot disc and install the channel otherwise, use hbc and install the channel which needs to be in a WAD folder on root of SD, install through app wad manager or whatever in HBC and there you go, look up on readmes for the emulators on wiibrew, as in which folders to have on your SD and where to place them etc.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well my question was is there anyway to run an emulator without having to have a homebrew channel, because no I don't have it. I don't really know much about installing and running homebrew. Your instructions were a little latin to me lol, I'm very new to this, but I'm really good at backing up Wii games and burning them lol.
If I did use a homebrew channel, it would be just for running the snes and sega emulators but the thing is the thought of homebrew kinda freaks me out with all the reports of Wii's being 'blocked/bricked'. See what I mean by I don't really know much about it lol.

So, if I install the hombrew channel, I can then just load the snes channel into that?

Edit: Sorry, is there a guide for super noobs on how to do this? Thanks.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the custom pack generator at wiibrew is super easy to use, since you already have the homebrew channel, just select the emu's that you want and load your sd card with roms. most of the emulators, if not all of them, will let you use your wiimote so, no, you don't need the classic controller. you don't need to select the twilight hack or the homebrew channel since you already have it. while you're there pick up quake for wii. it is the most impressive of the wii homebrew games (emu's included) imo.

mikej3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i select the homebrew channel and then select tetris, my controller shuts off (wiimote). do i need the classic one?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
that tetris is a very old game, and if i'm correct it only works with the gamecube controller.
but all the new homebrew, including the latest releases of the emulators, support the wiimote and classic controller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0