SNES Flashcart or Raspberry Pi?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by VashTS, Mar 22, 2017.

?

SD2SNES, Super Everdrive, or Raspberry Pi

1. SD2SNES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Super Everdrive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Raspberry Pi

100.0%
  1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    ARRRRRGGGHHH! I can't decide...my clone everdrive recently died on me so I need a SNES replacement.

I could go with SD2SNES or Super Everdrive V2 with DSP.

I'm thinking though I may as well go cheaper and just grab a Rasp Pi with SNES to USB adapters (maybe Genesis and N64 too to make it a complete retro box).

I need some recommendations. I wasn't really happy with the Super Everdrive and the way it loads games plus I'm not sure I trust the quality of the product now, so the Super Everdrive is probably a no at this point but due to the price, its a slight maybe.

I have many other solutions for emulation though and this is why I'm torn. Why bother with emulation on yet ANOTHER device?

I really enjoy SNES and I love the idea of SD2SNES but the $200 price tag is insane.

Tempers - let me know your thoughts for those of you that have a Raspberry Pi and/or SNES flash carts!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    AFAIK the Pi can run all SNES games (FX chip included) at full speed with filters, so you could probably just go for the Pi with a SNES controller no problem.

3. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBATemp Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement

Zense likes this.
  4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    I use Retropie and I'm really happy with it.

5. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    Can't you fix the everdrive or return it for warranty or something? Unless the chip is fried.
    Anyway, I'd go with Pi if you want to buy something new. Pi can play anything. It's a powerful mini PC.
    Your imagination is the limit. Make a retro arcade console, emulate anything or everything you want from it.
    Hack your neighbors' wifi. :rofl2: