Emulation Snes emulator 2010 and 2005 not loading on wii u

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I set up home brew on my wii u and downloaded the snes emulators 2010 and 2005 I have wii u version 5.5.1 and when I start the emulator the loading bar loads and stops right at the end and my wii u freezes and I have to turn the wii u off and on, is there a reason for this or another snes emulator I can play on the wii u? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

D

Deleted User

when I start the emulator the loading bar loads and stops right at the end and my wii u freezes
loading bar? what the hell is that thing, never saw it.
What RetroArch version you're trying to use?

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded the retro arch app that was only available on the home brew app page, I think it is 1.3.6 or something like that I will have to check when I'm home in an hour as I can't remeber, have you seen this issue before, I was trying this last night? Thanks for replying

D

Deleted User

Create a RetroArch folder in SDCard:// and redownload snesx2005 and snesx2010.
Put them in SDCard://wiiu/apps/ [Seperately, they're both a different kind of homebrew]
If you have +1000 ROMs on your SDCard, a CFW is recommended.

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes I have installed both app separately so on the sd card it is wiiu/apps/snes2010 and also snes2005, when loaded on homebred both appear as to separate apps?
Also what is a cfw? For the roms I was just going to make a folder in wii u called snes games, would that be right?

D

Deleted User

yes I have installed both app separately so on the sd card it is wiiu/apps/snes2010 and also snes2005, when loaded on homebred both appear as to separate apps?
Also what is a cfw? For the roms I was just going to make a folder in wii u called snes games, would that be right?
Nope, it must be SDCard://RetroArch/roms
CFW is required to run non-legit games and etc. May i ask you what guide did you follow?

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying to make to retroarch folders in side wiiu/apps/retroarch1 & retroarch2 and extract the snes downloads 2010 to one folder and 2005 to another folder?

I only need one of the snes apps, the resin why I have both is because one does not work so I tried the other but they both don't work.

D

Deleted User

No mate.
You should make retroarch folder in root of SDCard
And every homebrew should be in wiiu/apps, roms should be in sdcard://retroarch/roms.

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a guide I could follow, have I fucked this all up lol all I want to do is play Un squadron on my wii u lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey thanks for the reply the help is much appreciated I have found your guide call redNand wii u hacking I'm taking it that's the one so I will run through that and hopefully get it to work I'm using a 1g sd card as that is all I have at the moment

Again thanks for your help

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Felek666

I am using your guide and am at the part installing haxchi, I chose a game new Mario bros and and completed the install but when I go in to the sd card on the pc and look for the config.txt file in the haxchi folder in apps itr is not there and when I create a config.txt file in the folder and open it it is blank? am I doing something wrong here

D

Deleted User

Nah. You need to paste the config ex. a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
Be sure to use legit DS VC game bought from eShop

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so in wiiu/apps/haxchi folder along with the files haxchi.elf,icon,meta I have created a txt file called config.txt and in there I have pasted a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

is that right

D

Deleted User

Nope, config file has to be in SDCard://haxchi not in sdcard://wiiu/apps/haxchi

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Felek

thanks for your help, so I have bought a game new super Mario bros from the shop and installed it, I installed haxchi, I created a folder in the root of the sd card called haxchi and in there I created a txt file and pasted the config from the guide.
now i when to homebrew loaded haxchi again and re-installed in over new Mario bros again
now when i select new Mario bros and hold either a or b or hold nothing it goes straight to homebrew menu and when i select haxchi and hold a or b or nothing it just goes into the haxchi install screen and aks me to select new Mario bros again, is that what it is supposed to do?
sorry about this it would appear im just not getting this.

thanks for your help

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why you don't use the regular Snes9x 1.54 core? It's more accurate, more stable and just better overall. The 2005 and 2010 versions are primarily for weaker hardware.

Buzzz206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they are the only 2 snes emulators i could find on the homebrew app store, i have gone through the guide as far as installing haxchi but do i need to go any more as all i want to do is load a snes emulator, i don't need wii u game installers and saving wii u games to sd cards i just want the snes emulator to work.

thanks for your help felek it is very much appreciated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can i even play the ds game i downloaded or is that not an option

D

Deleted User

You must reinstall Haxchi everytime you change config.txt.
Use Haxchi Installer and let it overwrite it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)