Homebrew SNEMULDS

MrKuenning

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am useing SnemulDS 0.6 alpha 2

I cant get Mario RPG or Secret of Mana to work.

Does anyone else have any luck with these games?

Mana will start and run but the text is all screwy.

Thanks

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
I know the Super Mario RPG uses an on-board chip. There were a few SNES games that did this (Starfox for example). The author has stated that it is unlikely if these will ever be supported.

stormwolf18

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MrKuenning said:
Hmm, SMRPG works on the PC emulators. Why cant they emulate that chip on the DS?

probably cause the ds has crap hardware ? what ya think ?
rolleyes.gif

towers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrKuenning said:
Hmm, SMRPG works on the PC emulators. Why cant they emulate that chip on the DS?
SMRPG used a special chip to enhance it's functions. The DS doesn't have that chip, and neither do ROMs.

QUOTE(Geezuzkhrist119 @ Apr 24 2008, 05:58 PM) i put snemulds on my ttds and for some reason it wont find my roms that i put on

y is that
Are you using the default A:/SNES directory?

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, the SNES could be perfectly emulated (including all of those sub-chips) on the DS the same as the PC based emulators. All of the hardware can be software emulator and rendered. However, you would probably only end up gets a couple of frames per second. Certainly not anything playable or even remotely fun.

Now, if the DS has the processing power of the Sony PSP, then it might be actually feasible. (I am NOT a DS hater, just stating the facts.)

Geezuzkhrist119

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
towers said:
MrKuenning said:
SMRPG used a special chip to enhance it's functions. The DS doesn't have that chip, and neither do ROMs.

QUOTE(Geezuzkhrist119 @ Apr 24 2008, 05:58 PM) i put snemulds on my ttds and for some reason it wont find my roms that i put on

y is that
Are you using the default A:/SNES directory?

i figured it out

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
PigVenus said:
Sure, the SNES could be perfectly emulated (including all of those sub-chips) on the DS the same as the PC based emulators. All of the hardware can be software emulator and rendered. However, you would probably only end up gets a couple of frames per second. Certainly not anything playable or even remotely fun.

Now, if the DS has the processing power of the Sony PSP, then it might be actually feasible. (I am NOT a DS hater, just stating the facts.)
Even the PSP has trouble running Super Mario RPG at a good framerate. Don't imagine the DS to be even able to run it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, even with the speedhacks I made for SMRPG, it still requires frameskip to run at full speed on the PSP. As PigVenus said, if it ever got emulated it would run at an ungodly slow speed that would not be fun at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search softonic