Hacking SNEEKInstaller v0.1 beta 1

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
Alright, so how does someone who has never used SNEEK before use this?
Download FS Dumper.zip from:
http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/list
Dump your nand to your SD Card.
Move the contents of your SD Card to the root of your Usb Device.
Run the Sneek installer and select (USB-Nand)
Install all that crap and have your Sd Card in your Wii, then launch Bootmii.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a dump from bootmii work? I don't think FS Dumper is working, its been over an hour and it still hasn't finished, can't even tell what it is doing because the text is off the screen but it hasn't moved in some time.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. I installed Sneek as Uneek. System menu loaded up perfectly, however wii ware games caused the system menu to reboot, virtual console games never loaded the picture (I am guessing this is because it is on component cables) and to my understanding I can't run any games using my USB device.

Is this correct and any advice? I have CIOS rev 17 installed to use Triiforce without Sneek. Should I do rev 19 with 57 as a base for usb capabilities?

Thanks,
Z

A dump from bootmii should work as long as you decrypt the nand.bin to different folders

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
Will a dump from bootmii work? I don't think FS Dumper is working, its been over an hour and it still hasn't finished, can't even tell what it is doing because the text is off the screen but it hasn't moved in some time.

When FSDumper finishes don't you have to press A? Maybe that's what you have to do? I'm not sure if that's how you do it, never used FSDumper, but I'm going to use it as soon as I can
tongue.gif

Thank you crediar
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lee21231 said:
Thanks Crediar! But my wii only black screen T.T and boot2.bin di.bin size correct!!
Same for me.

Sneek and Uneek are working fine.

I never managed to make a sneek+di booting.
my compiled files were good and correct size.
With the installer it produces the same result, no TV signal. no Wiilight blinking.

Anyway, the installer is great. It's faster to copy the needed files to the devices
tongue.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah sometimes it doesn't work the first time so you just have to power off and start it again

thought i was doing something the wrong the the whole time only to figure that out. now that I think about it. I have had to figure many things that aren't all in one place. i should make a little post of all my findings but then again I could just let people use the search function because that would be repetitive information and others might not agree with my method

sneek is definitely a test of your experience and knowledge.

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recycling power is never an issue when I have already properly got the necessary files and hardwares in place. Sneek/Uneek and DI are always starting up
smile.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
It does work but you will have to decrypted with showmiiwads

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
lee21231 said:
Thanks Crediar! But my wii only black screen T.T and boot2.bin di.bin size correct!!
Same for me.

With the installer it produces the same result, no TV signal. no Wiilight blinking.

Anyway, the installer is great. It's faster to copy the needed files to the devices
tongue.gif

I had the same problem but I think I found what mine is. You MUST have at least 1 game on USB for SNEEK + DI to work. That was my problem, maybe its yours as well.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
Cyan said:
lee21231 said:
Same for me.

tongue.gif

I had the same problem but I think I found what mine is. You MUST have at least 1 game on USB for SNEEK + DI to work. That was my problem, maybe its yours as well.

yes you must have a game on the HDD because it loaded as the SM is loaded

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have SMNP as the only game.
Maybe I should try another game.

What is strange is that the Wii light is flashing only if no USB is connected. but still no tv signal is sent.
I may buy a usbgecko (not only for sneek), I think gecko will receive data even before the Wii send a signal to the TV.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:

What is strange is that the Wii light is flashing only if no USB is connected. but still no tv signal is sent.
I may buy a usbgecko (not only for sneek), I think gecko will receive data even before the Wii send a signal to the TV.
If you find a store that has them in stock and ships to US I'd love to know.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:

I ran into this one today when setting up a new USB device for the first time:

Make sure you do not have slot.bin in the sneek/ folder on the first try. Let SNEEK create the file. Even if it is there and set to "1" it can lead to no signal.

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fogbank said:
Make sure you do not have slot.bin in the sneek/ folder on the first try. Let SNEEK create the file. Even if it is there and set to "1" it can lead to no signal.
because if you just have one game there is only game 0, game 1 doesn't exist and it won't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...