Hacking SNEEK v2

old_darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tested CSI - Deadly Intent Pal Version. After i click on start , i got a black screen.
NSMB Pal Version worked fine.

Does anyone had CSI tested yet ?

od

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My portable harddrive isn't compatible with sneek, don't know why? Anyways i wanted to test SSBB, so i had to copy the files to my microsd, and that took a very long time. it loads up fine, but as soon as i wanna play it freezes, could it be the microsd?
(other games like NSMB and Mario Kart are working ok)
Using the latest rev. 67.

In the meantime i was trying to compile the wbfs_file_mod. Installed mingw and msys, but it keeps giving me errors like this one: openssl/md5.h: No such file or directory?

I think i need to relax now
blink.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup...If you look about 20 pages back, you'll see that I haven't been able to get SNEEK running at all. Stil the same problem. SD card worked with previous versions of SNEEK and BootMii, NAND dump used to work with r16. I even redumped my NAND to try and get it to work. Everything compiles without errors. Black screen.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GolfDude said:
no matter what i try my wii doesnt send a signal when i try to boot up sneek:| and isntant blue light right off the bat from the wii

fresh nand dump, clean sd card (worked on previous revisions of sneek) building latest sneek revision.. nothign seems to work anymore :\
Try this:
- You always have to rename the generated .bin to boot2.bin and put that on the root of the SD card.
- If you recompile use the new armboot.bin from the mini-tree-mod folder and copy that to the bootmii folder.
- Use the decrypted 00000001.app from IOS60-v6174 and 0000000e.app from IOS70-v6687, and if you recompile you have to copy the originals again, you can't use them a 2nd time.
- Don't leave the di.bin file on the SD Card.
- Don't start Sneek with a channel sometimes it wont boot, but if you use bootmii through the HBC it works all the time.
- Search if you got the play_rec.dat file somewhere in your nand-dump if yes then delete it (see my earlier post).

bw

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I activated the hidden game menu in rev74

LoadFont( "/font.bin" );
u8 *stk = malloca( 0x100, 32 );
u32 id = thread_create( FBnuke, 0x20, stk, 0x100, 0, 1 );
thread_continue( id );

and I see one game in but pressin start on GC controller does not bring this menue up (my NAND is a 4.1U). Is anything else that has to be activated other then above? Does it work with all sd, usb and di sneek versions? Thank you.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mousex said:
bewitched said:
My portable harddrive isn't compatible with sneek, don't know why? Anyways i wanted to test SSBB, so i had to copy the files to my microsd, and that took a very long time. it loads up fine, but as soon as i wanna play it freezes, could it be the microsd?
(other games like NSMB and Mario Kart are working ok)
Using the latest rev. 67.
Brawl shows as GC game for me and doesn't start, too. But I guess it's just wrong extracted here.
In the meantime i was trying to compile the wbfs_file_mod. Installed mingw and msys, but it keeps giving me errors like this one: openssl/md5.h: No such file or directory?
You need OpenSSL
I think i need to relax now
blink.gif

Regarding that wbs_file_mod, thanx, I'm getting a bit further now, but it hangs on this error:
CODE
C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -ldl

The game menu only works on 4.2E.
To use di check this.

WiiZoneVoyager

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc channel(DVD not found on geckoos too) and loading homebrew apps from usb dont work 4 me on SNEEK r76. I ve a wiikey2 chip. Is there any settings to work them? They all work with old version of sneek from easy installer by xflak.

And UNEEK gives the black screen with usb flash drive(fat32 formatted). I guess it cant be detected..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bewitched said:
- Use the decrypted 00000001.app from IOS60-v6174 and 0000000e.app from IOS70-v6687, and if you recompile you have to copy the originals again, you can't use them a 2nd time.
I don't understand the need for this point.

I used both 01 and 0e from IOS70, which are working.
Then, I always leave them here while recompiling, I don't overwrite with original one every time as build_boot2 create temporary file and don't overwrite originals.

@GolfDude
try using both files from IOS70.

before rev75, I had to enable the SD access with boot2_usb.bin, or else I ended with no TV signal.
It's now enabled automatically for usb.
I don't know what the link was, maybe just a bad compilation, so try to compile it again.

@WiiZoneVoyager
check your cluster size, it has to be less than 64k (or is it only for di ?)

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@longtom1, finally i got a chance to do the test, and as i am typing this here is what is going on:

i got a black screen for about 5-10min then the screen turn to pink and green stripes then turns to solid green while the DVD drive is solid blue. no DVD is in it.

I will leave it on and see what will be the outcome.

forgot to mention HD is Toshiba 500gb, usb powered.

anyone is welcome for any input...

mrplick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just confirming SSBB now works on R76. Loads fine on disc channel with correct graphic in channel. Where as before it just showed a GC game in the disc channel. Played for about 10 mins without issue.

WiiZoneVoyager

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
bewitched said:
I don't understand the need for this point.

@WiiZoneVoyager
check your cluster size, it has to be less than 64k (or is it only for di ?)

Nothing changed after reducing to 32k too. What about on SNEEK why i cant run disc channel(wiikey2 chip) and load apps(in usb) on homebrew channel ? is it about the di module??. Nothing happens with gc-pads too. Disc channel doesnt load the backup DVD game not usb. It works with the older sneek revision by xflak which is without di.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think