Hacking SNEEK v2

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I read the whole thread to experiment with sneek and i like what i see, big thanks to the programmers and the coders and testers for their major tweaks and for providing extra line of code to help with the process.

I have successfully installed sneek on SD card with few hiccups, from bad nand dump, simplefs with error -1017 or sneek folders not fully dumped. it took me sometimes but reading and searching gets the job done.

System: softmod 4.2u with priiloader and bootmii as ios, i configure bootmii.ini to boot directly to bootmii ios.

Now i am trying to test sneek on usb, i compiled the boot2.bin using the page code.google startupguide with r76, and i copied the output of tmp\sneek\SD\boot2.bin to root SD:\boot2.bin, and from tmp\uneek\usb\boot2.bin to root USB:\boot2.bin.

and now all i got is no signal, but as soon as i put back original boot2.bin (root SD), SD:\bootmii\armboot.bin and SD:\bootmii\ppcboot.elf the wii boots back to nand

or if press reset on the wii and choose bootmii ios the sceen will stay white (priiloader default background)

i put all the 8 folders back to the root of USB: tmp, shared1, shared2, sys, import, meta, ticket and title

my ? is what am i doing wrong?

i cant get the sneek to load from USB, any help is appreciated as i like to read...read...read before asking any question.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no matter what i try my wii doesnt send a signal when i try to boot up sneek:| and isntant blue light right off the bat from the wii

fresh nand dump, clean sd card (worked on previous revisions of sneek) building latest sneek revision.. nothign seems to work anymore :\

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
You need to use tmp\uneek\usb\boot2.bin on root of sd card not usb, no boot2.bin is needed on the usb drive just the nand dump

Thanks longtom1 for the quick reply, i tried what you suggested but still no luck, i get "no signal"anything else i can try?

P.S., Hard drive is toshiba loaded with little over 30 games with 4 partition:

Partition 1: Active fat with 32k cluster and nand files, apps and wad folders
Partition 2: WBFS with iso games
Partition 3: Avi file
Partition 4: back up of iso games. sometimes a game will not start so i have to copy it back from this partition back to WBFS. (bad habits of making anything backups lol )

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
no matter what i try my wii doesnt send a signal when i try to boot up sneek:| and isntant blue light right off the bat from the wii

fresh nand dump, clean sd card (worked on previous revisions of sneek) building latest sneek revision.. nothign seems to work anymore :\

If you can open your nand dump with showmiiwads and browse throught channels and wad list then you have a good dump.

if you cant see anything with SMW, then try to get another nand dump use fsdumper, sfsdumper yawnd or whatever progy that works for you...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiHoney said:
anything else i can try?
start with a clean nand dump cause sometimes installing stuff with showmiiwads corrupts the nand somehow

if you get the clean nand dump to boot, copy the nand folders to pc and install a few channels and test

if it will no longer boot after the install of the few channels it could be a bad wad your using to install on to the nand dump

QUOTE(WiiHoney @ Mar 27 2010, 12:57 AM) If you can open your nand dump with showmiiwads and browse throught channels and wad list then you have a good dump.

if you cant see anything with SMW, then try to get another nand dump use fsdumper, sfsdumper yawnd or whatever progy that works for you...

I have had nand dumps that would browse ok with showmiiwads but wouldn't boot with sneek

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
WiiHoney said:
anything else i can try?
start with a clean nand dump cause sometimes installing stuff with showmiiwads corrupts the nand somehow

if you get the clean nand dump to boot, copy the nand folders to pc and install a few channels and test

if it will no longer boot after the install of the few channels it could be a bad wad your using to install on to the nand dump

QUOTE(WiiHoney @ Mar 27 2010, 12:57 AM) If you can open your nand dump with showmiiwads and browse throught channels and wad list then you have a good dump.

I have had nand dumps that would browse ok with showmiiwads but wouldn't boot with sneek
i will try it later and i will get back to you as i have the original fs files with no wad or anything on them.

@GolfDude: when you compile a boot2.bin for sneek, the sneek.cmd calls makefile file and that will make somechanges in the sneek source code folder.

try downloading a new/fresh files from code.google and run the cmd from sctratch and see what happened.
Wish you luck as i am trying to fix one of my own. USB sneek not Sneek SD

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiHoney said:
longtom1 said:
You need to use tmp\uneek\usb\boot2.bin on root of sd card not usb, no boot2.bin is needed on the usb drive just the nand dump

Thanks longtom1 for the quick reply, i tried what you suggested but still no luck, i get "no signal"anything else i can try?

P.S., Hard drive is toshiba loaded with little over 30 games with 4 partition:

Partition 1: Active fat with 32k cluster and nand files, apps and wad folders
Partition 2: WBFS with iso games
Partition 3: Avi file
Partition 4: back up of iso games. sometimes a game will not start so i have to copy it back from this partition back to WBFS. (bad habits of making anything backups lol )

Can't remember if you were asked this before, but what's your drive's cluster size as 64K won't work.
I spent almost two weeks fucking about with NAND backups and re-compiles before I was reminded.

As soon as I converted my drive to 32K (only 5 mins using Acronis), it worked!

Just metioning it again as it may help some folks going a bit mad like I did lol
laugh.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Justin121994 said:
Well he said partition one 32k cluster.. So I doubt its in 64k if you read
tongue.gif

Fuck 'dat reading lark...lol!

Just thought I'd mention it....

In the last two weeks I've read just about the whole thread (as it stands then) about 10 times.

So the thought of trying to remember where I left off gave me a "Fuckit" attitude!
tongue.gif

But, yeah someone may read my post and think "Oh fuck, I didn't check my cluster size!"

...or maybe not...

/me goes for another beer...it's Friday after all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Worst would be getting a DRM rootkit from using audio CDs and then Sony getting sued.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Least I can throw the nvme at neighbors now
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    get a 2 TB NVMe from amazon, return the fucked one, get replacement and send that one to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 6tb nvme pc ftw