Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello I have a Wii with:
Wiiskas modchip (no 001 support no updating)
System Menu 4.0
cIOSCORP v3.6 [cIOS55 rev14 DIP= cIOS55 v5149 with rev14 DIP.]
BootMii
Priiloader: -Region free channels - enabled
-Region free channels from SD - enabled
-Region free Wii games - enabled
-Skip Disc update check - enabled
-Remove NoCopy Protection - disabled

Super Mario Galaxy gives error 001 running from the Disc Channel. (Runs from loader)
New Super Mario Bros(vki's nsmbxy patch) shows a Green Screen quickly then return to the System Menu running from the Disc Channel. (Runs from loader)
Wii Sports Resort gives error 001 running from the Disc Channel and from loaders[GeekoOS and NeoGamma]. Even with alt dol(player.dol = RZTE.dol with Neogamma)

I have no idea about what's causing this. Does anyone have something to say? What should I do? I'm planning to get the Motion Plus, it'd be good if it worked.

*I know SystemMenu 4.1 have something to do with Wii Sports Resort, do I need to update? How?

Thanks!

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, for Wii Sports just make sure you load up the alt .dol first to watch the 3 minute video.

So in neogamma selection "Boot alternative .dol" (or something like that) and choose "Disk". When you load it you should be able to select "player.dol" instead of "main.dol".

Once you're done watching the longass retarded video, the Wii will crash. Simply boot neogamma again and turn the "boot alternative .dol" option off.

I just had this problem today and those steps fixed it. I have 3.2U, cIOSrev14, and NeoGammaR7. I got a Wii Motion Plus for Christmas! :3

You do not need to update your Wii to get newer games to work. I don't boot stuff from the disk channel, seeing as I barely play me Wii. I hope someone else will be able to answer that question for you.

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I've heard that due to a bug related to the SD card channels you're forced to watch the video again. Is it fixed since I have cIOSCORP updated?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luisfhb said:
I've heard that due to a bug related to the SD card channels you're forced to watch the video again. Is it fixed since I have cIOSCORP updated?

I honestly have no clue. I don't follow Wii homebrew very much. I'm more into PSP for homebrew and PS3 and 360 for gaming.

I'd try booting the alternative .dol if I were you. From what I read everyone has had to do that to fix it. Hopefully it will be a one time fix.

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Relys said:
I honestly have no clue. I don't follow Wii homebrew very much. I'm more into PSP for homebrew and PS3 and 360 for gaming.

I'd try booting the alternative .dol if I were you. From what I read everyone has had to do that to fix it. Hopefully it will be a one time fix.

OKay thanks! umm I just tried to run it with the alt dol. It did not work! I got the same #001 error

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I managed to watch the Wii Sports Resort instructional video using NeoGamma R6 instead of R8, that has 002 error fix, but it still won't run from Disc Channel(giving 001 error). And (I think) because I'm on System Menu 4.0 after playing a VC game I'm forced to watch the video again, directing me to the #001 error, then I'm forced to run it again with alt dol.

Waahh why is there so many problems? I can't run GC games either! Even with cmios installed...

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay... I can see a lot of newbie's posts beeing answered, guys yelling with caps on...

Why can't someone just say something? I don't know what to do!
I'm not wanting to be rude but, just say something like "I don't know"

try to answer this, if you want:

I'm on 4.0, and I'm having problems with Wii Sports Resort because every time I launch a channel from SD card it stops working, this might be solved if I update to 4.1 right? How can I update? Waninkoko's updater? Do I have to install cIOSCORP again then?

Thanks! (Don't you be mad at me if I did this to get first page, do you? I'm sorry, you understand me)

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Duuude don't be mad it's not cool lol specially on this time of the year!

Anyway, updating will solve your problem. Updating from Nintendo is dangerous though, as there's a bug on the boot2 update code that can brick your Wii (it even bricks Wiis without softmod!) So I recommend you follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901, you can follow the Update to 4.2 section to, well, update to 4.2, and then follow the Modify 4.2 section to fix some things.

About running GC, do you mean backups? Or you can't run originals either? Because if it's just backups then chances are that when you installed the custom MIOS you didn't enable it to load games from the usual Wii Loader, which means you have to A) get a special GC backup launcher, or B) reinstall the cMIOS, selecting "run from Wii launcher" this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1