Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people that don't understand why the pic and video were released if it's very probable there will never be a release of the exploit in the wild: This is what is called a PoC -- proof of concept. This is a normal occurrence in the development/tech scene and what you would see at a hacking conference for instance. I don't want to put words into anyone's mouths but many times these things get shared in private with trustworthy fellow hackers and eventually (if they are worth releasing) they evolve into something useful that can be shared. How can anyone blame him for not releasing it if it wasn't useful for more than a small demo and it provided legal grounds for the big N to go after him?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
such a bad attitude on these forums. Yes, in theory, it means nothing BUT it also means that people are actively working ON a hack for the 3ds

Reactions: Rydian

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You think it's bad now, you should have been here when Team Fail Overflow announced their exploit for the Wii U.

mVi3xlJ.png

I was :P

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He believes he might be able to pirate Pokémon then. OR he thinks it works on the latest firmware. Pirates are so fucking desperate ;O;

A bit off topic, but do you guys feel good when pirating a game? I always feel bad when I do it.(When I buy the game I feel all good.) it could be my problem tho.

actually...no..no you couldn't be any more wrong...I pre-ordered Pokemon Y and my girlfriend pre-ordered X and we got our posters at GameStop yesterday..I BOUGHT the game. [tmi]Also Pre-Ordered Beyond, Watch_Dogs, and Stick of Truth [/tmi]

I would still like to have that exploit availability on my XL without taking the on-board update which could permanently lock out this exploit....but come to think about it...the game is already in production so they wouldn't change anything now

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually...no..no you coulden't be any more wrong...I pre-ordered Pokemon Y and got my poster at GameStop yesterday..I BOUGHT the game. I would still like to have that availability without taking the on-board update which would permantly lock out this exploit....but come to think about it...the game is already in production so they wouldn't change anything now

Forced update trough the eShop? :3

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Forced update trough the eShop? :3

no like the on-board update on the cart...you never know how desperate Nintendo is..they pulled Sudoku on the DSi shop didn't they? (which I took advantage of)..a physical release though is different..and as for the eShop..I could take it or leave it...I only pretty much used the eShop to to LP's of Demos on Youtube...my firmware on my XL is still gateway compatible...and I don't plan on upgrading that anytime soon..pokemon might force me though

This is what is called a PoC -- proof of concept. This is a normal occurrence in the development/tech scene and what you would see at a hacking conference for instance. I don't want to put words into anyone's mouths but many times these things get shared in private with trustworthy fellow hackers and eventually (if they are worth releasing) they evolve into something useful that can be shared. How can anyone blame him for not releasing it if it wasn't useful for more than a small demo and it provided legal grounds for the big N to go after him?

If I'm not mistaken the homebrew channel on the Wii creation started out like this right?...a proof of concept?

liamash3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Congratulations Smeelum :)
Glad to know the 3DS is getting a toe-hold somewhere. Now to look forward to when we can cheat in (preferably offline only) in games :)

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and now? what happen?
how it have found the exploit? via save games? have used some hw?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading the YouTube comments on that video the OP posted and couldn't help by LMAO. Anyway. whether this proof of concept eventually leads to running programs in 3DS mode or not, only time will tell. We just have to wait and see, it's too early to make assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi,