OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know this must have been asked at least a dozen times, but I'm at wit's end. I've been trying over and over, and its especially frustrating since the wii is set up in my room (second floor) and the only computer in my house in the basement >__

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't go into the whole "internet connection" set up stuff but I will tell you how I set up SMB on Windows XP Pro which might work on other systems.

Set up the folder:
First right click on the folder that contains the roms for whatever emulator your using and click on Properties. Click on the Sharing tab. Go down to Network Sharing and security and click on "If you understand the security risks but want to share files without running the wizard, click here." Click on "Just enable simple file sharing" afterwords. Select "Share this folder on the network" and name it whatever(NES for ex).

Find your IP Address:
Ok now to set up your emulator(for ex FCEU). You'll first want to find out your computers IP address and you an find it easily by running CMD by pressing Start>Run type in Run and press enter or press Windows key+r and typing in CMD press enter THEN type in "ipconfig" and write down the IP Address(192.168.1.100 for ex).

Set up the emu:
Run FCEU(for this ex) and go to its Sharing options. Enter your IP address under "Address", your roms folder(NES for ex) and for the user name and password just put in your computers user name. For ex my name is Steven and I don't use a password to login to this computer so I simply put in Steven.

Finally go to loading and saving options and delete the folder "roms" by just removing all of the text and select SMB under the loading option.

Make sure you have some form of Wifi security set up. Personally I don't use any security but I do prevent any connection from accessing my router unless I add the MAC address to a list(don't ask me how to set up your router). This works just fine for me using Snes9x, FCEU and VBAGX

Anteo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
UranusKiller said:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Snes9x_GX#From_Network_.28via_SMB.29

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Tinysmb

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/Configs

Yes, I originally tried using those sources to the fullest extent of my knowledge, but they have failed me
frown.gif
. That is why I created a new thread, but thank you very much for trying to help me
smile.gif

QUOTE(Vanth88 @ Aug 14 2009, 09:36 AM) I won't go into the whole "internet connection" set up stuff but I will tell you how I set up SMB on Windows XP Pro which might work on other systems.

Set up the folder:
First right click on the folder that contains the roms for whatever emulator your using and click on Properties. Click on the Sharing tab. Go down to Network Sharing and security and click on "If you understand the security risks but want to share files without running the wizard, click here." Click on "Just enable simple file sharing" afterwords. Select "Share this folder on the network" and name it whatever(NES for ex).

Find your IP Address:
Ok now to set up your emulator(for ex FCEU). You'll first want to find out your computers IP address and you an find it easily by running CMD by pressing Start>Run type in Run and press enter or press Windows key+r and typing in CMD press enter THEN type in "ipconfig" and write down the IP Address(192.168.1.100 for ex).

Set up the emu:
Run FCEU(for this ex) and go to its Sharing options. Enter your IP address under "Address", your roms folder(NES for ex) and for the user name and password just put in your computers user name. For ex my name is Steven and I don't use a password to login to this computer so I simply put in Steven.

Finally go to loading and saving options and delete the folder "roms" by just removing all of the text and select SMB under the loading option.

Make sure you have some form of Wifi security set up. Personally I don't use any security but I do prevent any connection from accessing my router unless I add the MAC address to a list(don't ask me how to set up your router). This works just fine for me using Snes9x, FCEU and VBAGX

Thank you so very much, out of all the guides I had tried so hard to understand, yours was the most straight forward!
biggrin.gif
. They now work
biggrin.gif
:D:D. I only wish the mods would sticky your guide... Although maybe not everyone is as thickheaded as I am xD. Thank You once again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo