Smash Switch to be Showcased in June

SmashLogo.jpg

Finally! For the first time ever, we will get to see what the newly announced and unnamed Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch will look like! And this will be no later than in June prior to E3!

On June 11-12 in Los Angeles, an invited group of players will gather to play Super Smash Bros., and qualified teams will compete in Splatoon 2, as Nintendo hosts an event featuring high-level gameplay on these two games for Nintendo Switch. This will be the first-ever exhibition tournament featuring the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018.

Additionally, this will be the first world championship for Splatoon 2 after the game’s launch. The gathering will be a celebration of fun for all ages, and will highlight Nintendo’s unique approach to competitive play. The event will be just one of Nintendo’s activities at the E3 video game trade show, which runs June 12-14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Additional details about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced at a later time.

Are you excited for the reveal? Will it be a port or an entirely new game? Only time will tell... but stay tuned as we cover the E3 event live! In the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts and guesses below!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Nintendo E3 event

Manuel_Dust23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Thanks for sharing! I like the Smash Bros games, I wonder how many new characters will have this version on the Nintendo Switch, I hope not just a port, we'll see

Last edited by Manuel_Dust23,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But now imagine my situation - I have played hundreds of hours of smash 4 - meaning a port would have close to zero new content for me.

For the people that skipped it on the wiiu/3ds sure it would be cool, but not for people like me.

Is it so much to ask that companies don't rerelease the same games over and over?
I get your point. I've shred countless hours on both systems as well.
What still would be "new" is the "fact" that it's on the Switch though lol.
But I get it. I wouldn't complain if Ninty would include a port of Sm4sh along their new Sma5h as well (like it's done with Bayonetta 2 & 1). :D

Reactions: x65943

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they bring back the adventure mode from Brawl. That was lots of fun, and was perfect with a friend.
It gave the game a lot more variety and I could play that mode for hours at a time, which I'd never do with normal battles.
#metoo I want to see a campaign in this new smash
I loved the one in brawl

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope they bring back the adventure mode from Brawl. That was lots of fun, and was perfect with a friend.
It gave the game a lot more variety and I could play that mode for hours at a time, which I'd never do with normal battles.
I'd love to do that with an Amiibo (which is actually a bot in Smash).
I didn't understand why it wasn't possible to play with an Amiibo in a team in some Sm4sh modes. Those only worked in the main mode.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to do that with an Amiibo (which is actually a bot in Smash).
I didn't understand why it wasn't possible to play with an Amiibo in a team in some Sm4sh modes. Those only worked in the main mode.
sitting their scanning in 8 amiibos to load them up and then scanning them to save them *shiver*

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf