Smash 4 SD doesn't read

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by muk393, Jun 24, 2016.

1. muk393
    OP

muk393 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi, Im new to the Smash 4 modding scene, I already modded my smash game with another micro SD card and it worked. But it was to slow, so I went to buy a new Micro SD card and the SD card doesnt get read by the Loadiine.ovh on SDCaffine + Kernel. I tried to replace all of the storage and it didnt work. If you guys can help me. My new Mirco SD card is: Samsung 64gb Micro SD EVO plus. Thank you for reading and replying :)

Last edited by muk393, Jun 24, 2016
  2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Probably a really stupid question, but does the SD Card actually work in your computer?
    If it does, then its a problem with your console. Not every SD Card is compatible with the Wii U.
    My suggestion is to try a different brand SD Card (maybe one with a little less storage space, 64GB purely for Sm4sh mods and homebrew is overkill).

3. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Another question, is the lock switch on the SD Adapter switched to lock. If so that is your problem.

4. Deck of Noobs

Deck of Noobs Politically Incorrect

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
    What's the path to your mods?

5. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    64 gig cards aren't officially supported by the Wii U because they come formatted as exFAT. You have to reformat it using some external tool (this one works well) before it will work on Wii U.