Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Does the SD card moving also removes mods if you removed them from your workplace folder or does it just add the mods you edited?
For SDCafiine, it's supposed to remove all the non mod files in order to stop overriding previously modded resources.
You may want to make sure the first few times that it works correctly. Ive been using it with Loadiine mostly and the process is a bit different.

Awesomeness

Dangerously Optimistic Hope
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it.
Today I decided to update sm4shexplorer since i was using the outdated 0.04 version. Now, before, my mods (moveset edits + new costumes) were compiled fine and the game loaded them without issue. Now with this new version, the game never gets past the logo when you first select the game on the home menu.

I'm not sure what could possibly be going on.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get my songs to default to 100 rarity in-game? It's set to 100 in Sm4shMusic 0.7 but is set as 0 rarity when going to my music in-game

Goldmoon811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated Sm4shExplorer. When i opened it, all of my mod files were gone. how do i bring them back?

Edit: nvm i accidentally deleted the workspace folder lol

But now when i try to build the mod it says there is a zlib error?

ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/chara_make_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/simple_diffi.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/stage_make_set_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

Last edited by Goldmoon811,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I learned anything modding this game is to always backup your workspace content before adding crazy amounts of mods.
I failed to do this when the game kept crashing at the character select screen making it virtually impossible to figure out what mod was causing this or if the patch itself was corrupted. So I ended up starting from scratch, but was worth it since its now crash free.

BigFake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick thing I noticed: In Sm4shMusic, in the MyMusic section, the only songs on which I see any changes to Unk4 are the KK Slider songs. Maybe it has something to do with that

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I update Sm4shExplorer anything higher than 0.04 my game crashes when I enter the character selection screen
Why does this happen?

jewlecho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, all set up!

Time to learn how to use the program.

BTW, is there information on how to reslot a character skin?

Reslot as in change the texture ID to make a costume on c00 go to c07 fine or reslot as in making a new slot altogther, like having 9 costumes?

For changing texture ID's, use this tutorial: http://sm4shmods.com/forums/topic/fix-texture-id-issue/
For creating new slots, use this tutorial: http://sm4shmods.com/forums/topic/add-new-costume-slots/

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.07.1 (Sm4shMusic 0.7):
  • Quick & Dirty fix of a crash that can happen when repacking certain stages (flag 0x4000 deactivated)
  • Prompt to copy to SD should be deactivated if no SD card is found after building
  • Added little plugin for msbt, it requires MSBT Reloaded and its dll to be put in the tools folder.

Also, appart from critical bugs that could still happen for this version, Im gonna take a break for a while.
First because too busy irl to the point where it's not fun anymore to spend most of the free time on it.
Second because I want to fix some issues with the code itself, make it cleaner, optimize building time and most of all, add support for multi workspace, and I want to take my time to do it.

However, if a dev wants help to make their own plugin, or use python with plugins, I am more than happy to help and add some hooks if needed (or take some good advices cause I need some too :P)
We really need more people willing to help figuring all the missing stuff.

Last edited by deinonychus71,

BigFake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick thing I noticed: In Sm4shMusic, in the MyMusic section, the only songs on which I see any changes to Unk4 are the KK Slider songs. Maybe it has something to do with that
I tested it by adding an extra song to K.K. Slider's lineup, and I'm right. Also, I got the extra song to play without having it in the SoundDB section, it only shows up when K.K. Slider performs it on Saturdays.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it by adding an extra song to K.K. Slider's lineup, and I'm right. Also, I got the extra song to play without having it in the SoundDB section, it only shows up when K.K. Slider performs it on Saturdays.
Yeah I know it's somewhat related to K.K., those songs are special cause they don't appear and stuff and they're played under some circumstances, but so far that's all we know, sadly :/

BigFake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know it's somewhat related to K.K., those songs are special cause they don't appear and stuff and they're played under some circumstances, but so far that's all we know, sadly :/
I think Unk4 is just whether or not he'll play them. It's a 1 for songs he plays and a 0 for every other song in the game. I also had to put a 3 in Save MyMusic and a +1 to whatever the previous highest K.K. Slider song number was in Sub-Index (it was a 5, so this new song's was a 6) for it to work though.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Unk4 is just whether or not he'll play them. It's a 1 for songs he plays and a 0 for every other song in the game. I also had to put a 3 in Save MyMusic and a +1 to whatever the previous highest K.K. Slider song number was in Sub-Index (it was a 5, so this new song's was a 6) for it to work though.
Interesting, I will look at it and see if I can come up with a description. The 3 in save mymusic is weird though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1