Hacking Slowly exiting "close game to home"

mhfan305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While playing the Fire Emblem Awakening rom, I pressed home and x to exit to home, it gets stuck at the exiting out of the game part and stays on the "closing software" screen. Then finally exits to home completely. Is this because its a bad rom dump? Its the only rom that takes 20-25 seconds to close.

Even though it fully exits the game, once I am back in the game it gives me a "Corrupted save data has been found. This data must be deleted before you can begin the game". Why is this?

Also, when in the game, pressing the power button and then shutting down takes the same amount of time.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have some file fragmentation going on. Not enough to spit out the fragmentation error when selecting the game, but enough to cause the game to act up. I would try reformatting your mSD and copying the rom back to the mSD.

EDIT: Basic questions regarding your situation
Region of rom and 3DS?
What kind of mSD?
Is the rom trimmed?
What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I doubt that rom trimming could be the factor as I have the rom trimmed on my Gateway and it runs just fine. I asked simply because I know someone else will ask and try to pin it on the trim.

mhfan305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have some file fragmentation going on. Not enough to spit out the fragmentation error when selecting the game, but enough to cause the game to act up. I would try reformatting your mSD and copying the rom back to the mSD.

EDIT: Basic questions regarding your situation
Region of rom and 3DS?
What kind of mSD?
Is the rom trimmed?
What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I doubt that rom trimming could be the factor as I have the rom trimmed on my Gateway and it runs just fine. I asked simply because I know someone else will ask and try to pin it on the trim.

Well it seems to work now for what ever reason. Actually, switching to a 16 gb Sandisk Ultra SD which is a faster card, then the 4gb lexar that came with the 3ds probably was it. Since the SD has to do with the saves for the rom.

And...
1.) USA
2.) 64 gb san disk ultra plus Micro SD
3.) Not trimmed
4.) Bing it

Reactions: zhdarkstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o